Fire Emblem Series

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Fire Emblem series has picked up a little with Awakening and this topic is to pretty much shamelessly advertise a new effort to increase awareness of Fire Emblem and what's going on in the "Fire Emblem scene". There's not a lot of fansites, discussion, media coverage, etc., and sure FE isn't that big of a series so it's kind of expected, but I don't see why we can't at least have some way to keep fans up to date on Fire Emblem news. The closest thing we have now is one fansite but checking that fansite can sort of be a pain and a lot of people don't know of it.

With that in mind we're trying out a twitter and I'm pretty much here to shamelessly advertise it/kindly ask people to follow it if they're at all interested in the Fire Emblem series. I don't expect much now but once I start promoting it on a few other places and people start retweeting stuff, it will almost definitely start growing, I have little doubt about that.

That being said thanks for taking the time out to read this and have a great day.

#ShamelessAdvertising

We're starting up a twitter that will soon be integrated into the new Fire Emblem Shrine website. It will have the latest in Fire Emblem news, including the newest games, promotions, spotlights, and whatever else, so your support (i.e. followship or w/e it's called on twitter) would be greatly appreciated. =)

https://twitter.com/fireemblembuzz

Thanks for anyone kind enough to support, you have my heartfelt appreciation. =)

We may also have some giveaways on the twitter later, so that's all the more motivation to follow it--who can say no to free stuff?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only played Awakening. Can't be bothered to finished it though. Now that I traded in Animal Crossing I might actually finish... but EARTHBOUND...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I completed the 3 games on the GBA (so also the one that was not localised, did it via translation patch), multiple times. I've also completed the first NDS game, only once though.

I tried playing a few of the older games, the SNES titles, but couldn't really get into it. Fire Emblem holds a very special place in my heart, it's just sooooooooo much fun and so addictive. After I complete a game though, I just check the credits, enjoy the music and I'm done with it. Probably won't pick it up again in months.
It's a fantastic series, addictive, great music. I always finish the games in 1 or 2 weeks, just keep on going and I always check guides up front to see what is the best path and which characters are the best. I hate ending up with a weaker character in the end, I want the strongest line-up that is possible

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend introduced me to the series. Played ...can never remember the title. The somewhat recently translated DS FE game.
Also bought the FE:A 3DS bundle and played it quite a bit. It was casual'd way too much though...it was pathetically simple.
Ended up giving the FE 3DS to my friend though since she's a Marth/FE fangirl and I figured she'd appreciate the pretty blue 3DS more than I would. Never did finish FE:A...ah well, one day.

I kinda wanna try some other FEs too. Its quite a fun series.

/ignored most of the OP after advertising was mentioned.

Reactions: Celice

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also, I tried playing Fire Emblem on a console/emulated on PC. Gave up after 30 mins. Just doesn't feel right! Fire Emblem needs to be played on the go goddamnit, not on a big ass screen.

Followed the Twitter though, just for the support. Gl!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem are the only SRPGs that I like
I finished Swords of Seals, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and started Genealogy of The Holy Wars (it's sooooo long)

Here is a really good retrospective if you want some insight on the series

Reactions: Celice and Satangel

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend introduced me to the series. Played ...can never remember the title. The somewhat recently translated DS FE game.
Also bought the FE:A 3DS bundle and played it quite a bit. It was casual'd way too much though...it was pathetically simple.
Ended up giving the FE 3DS to my friend though since she's a Marth/FE fangirl and I figured she'd appreciate the pretty blue 3DS more than I would. Never did finish FE:A...ah well, one day.

I kinda wanna try some other FEs too. Its quite a fun series.

/ignored most of the OP after advertising was mentioned.
You should definitely check out some of the other Fire Emblem games. All of the Japanese releases have translation patches, too, so keep that in mind!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo