ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Help

Cordig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The import your save back into your game. If you want custom DLC, merge the extra data like I said earlier.
One last question, say I shut my system off, after I do all this, do I have to run my game through the homebrew to be able to play the save file, or can I just run it like normal?

Gardenia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having issues with the save editor. Using Save_manager, I'm able to export my save onto the pc, but when I apply changes and import the save back to the cartridge, the changes don't work. For example, when I try to change a character's hair color, nothing happens. What should I do?

Last edited by Gardenia19,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having issues with the save editor. Using Save_manager, I'm able to export my save onto the pc, but when I apply changes and import the save back to the cartridge, the changes don't work. For example, when I try to change a character's hair color, nothing happens. What should I do?
Use JKSM, not save_manager. :/

Gardenia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. You'll probably think I'm dumb, but I still can't get it to work. I exported the save, altered it, and then imported it again, but there are no changes. What could I be doing wrong? Also, does the hair editor work for characters like Shigure, whose hair is normally fixed? And does it alter the bond scenes too, or just the character profiles?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. You'll probably think I'm dumb, but I still can't get it to work. I exported the save, altered it, and then imported it again, but there are no changes. What could I be doing wrong? Also, does the hair editor work for characters like Shigure, whose hair is normally fixed? And does it alter the bond scenes too, or just the character profiles?
I don't think it works for characters with fixed hair color. It should affect everything. I changed Midori's hair color to match my edited hair color and it changed everything, bond scenes included. Are you actually saving the changes you made in the editor? You have to go to File -> Save File to save the changes. Your work flow there just mentions making the changes without saving them.

If all else fails, give me your Chapter save, tell me what changes you want (if hair color changes, give me the hex code you want) and I'll make them.

Gardenia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am saving my changes. It's nice to know it doesn't work on characters with fixed hair colors. (such as all the adults?) I will let you know if I run into any more problems.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am saving my changes. It's nice to know it doesn't work on characters with fixed hair colors. (such as all the adults?) I will let you know if I run into any more problems.
The only person I've tried to change hair color on is Corrin, so I would imagine it wouldn't work on the adults+Shigure.

Gardenia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing. So I altered Siegbert's hair, and his profile changed, but when I went to mycastle and entered a bond scene, his hair was still red, like his mother, Hinoka's. What do I need to do to change the mycastle hair color?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing. So I altered Siegbert's hair, and his profile changed, but when I went to mycastle and entered a bond scene, his hair was still red, like his mother, Hinoka's. What do I need to do to change the mycastle hair color?
I didn't need to do anything with Midori.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I highly recommend you use the .cia version of JKSM and install it with FBI instead of using the .3dsx version. From my understanding, it has better compatibility.

Also, don't use YouTube videos for hacking your 3DS. Go to https://3ds.guide for any info you need on how to initially hack your 3DS (and update said hacks).

Reactions: KunoichiZ

VincentNLV

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, you're going to need the latest release of FEFTwiddler to import the .fe14unit files I'm about to give you.

I've circled the Import Unit button in this screenshot.

A) The children, you can get simply by marrying off your characters.
B) I'm assuming you're playing as Male!Corrin, so you'll have Female!Kana. Here's my Male!Kana and Female!Corrin.
C) For the Revelations route/Route exclusives, you'll need Izana and Yukimura and Scarlet, thanks to myself.
D) The capturable bosses, thanks to Omegablu.
E) The amiibo units, provided by myself.
F) The characters from Omegablu's custom DLC. You'll just need the .fe14unit files, which can be found in the OmegabluDLCV2/Unit Files folder.
G) The characters from DeathChaos25's custom DLC. Again, you'll just need to find the .fe14unit files, which can be found in the fe14unitfiles folder.

For the custom DLC characters, you'll have to do a few extra things. Using JKSM, you'll also need to extract your extra data because you'll have to merge your extra data with the combined extra data from the link I'm giving you below. The reason why you need the combined extra data is because you cannot use the custom DLC characters without it.

1. Extract your extra data with JKSM.
2. Using the combined extra data from here, merge your extra data with it. Keep it in your extra data folder that you got from JKSM.
3. Import your new extra data with JKSM.
4. Open FEFTwiddler. Go to File -> Open File -> select your save file. FEFTwiddler only supports the Chapter0, Chapter1, and Chapter2 files.
5. Find the Import Unit button in the Unit Viewer tab. Click it and one by one, start to import the units I've given you.
6. Save your changes in FEFTwiddler. Go to File -> Save File -> select your save file.
7. Import your save file with JKSM.
8. Open game and see changes.

How to use JKSM in Citra emulator? i try and it alway say cant open archive. Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1