ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Kapl106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds needs to update. Can i do that without removing my ability to usr homebrew? Im using the ocarina of time 3ds homebrew hack.

Choromatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While obviously not high priority or anything, I was wondering if it's at all possible to add supports for Nichol? He's such an unpopular character, due to lack of dialogue and everything, but I have a soft spot for the idea of Nichol x Niles, and whoo boy, would I love to see that happen someday.

I could even try to help out with Nichol's dialogue, though I can definitely say I'd be no help with Niles', haha.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While obviously not high priority or anything, I was wondering if it's at all possible to add supports for Nichol? He's such an unpopular character, due to lack of dialogue and everything, but I have a soft spot for the idea of Nichol x Niles, and whoo boy, would I love to see that happen someday.

I could even try to help out with Nichol's dialogue, though I can definitely say I'd be no help with Niles', haha.

This sort of thing can be done - adding in supports for the amiibo characters, as this hack does, requires the same process that adding in supports for a boss character like Nichol would. I could probably help with adding in something like that, but you'll have to see if @UnassumingVenusaur is up for it first.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds needs to update. Can i do that without removing my ability to usr homebrew? Im using the ocarina of time 3ds homebrew hack.
Not unless you still have a way to accsess to homebrew on the newest firmware.
Id recomend getting arm9lhax with luma3ds cus then youre basicly full proof

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country

If you update your OoT3dhax to the payload that works for the latest version, THEN update your 3ds it should be fine. I'm not sure if there is a payload for 11.0 or whether it works, you should probably check the OoT3dhax thread... a quick forum search gave me this:

The exploit does sort of work on 11.0 in its current form, but until it's fixed to be compatible with the ASLR stuff nintendo added, you have to reboot a number of times for it to not just crash and die.

So, no promises, but it should be doable? Sounds like it would be better to wait though. That's only one source, so do your own research!

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you update your OoT3dhax to the payload that works for the latest version, THEN update your 3ds it should be fine. I'm not sure if there is a payload for 11.0 or whether it works, you should probably check the OoT3dhax thread... a quick forum search gave me this:

So, no promises, but it should be doable? Sounds like it would be better to wait though. That's only one source, so do your own research!
Just downgrade and install CFW to get an emuNAND, there's no reason not to.

sirR

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hi, I have an issue, when I try to support my mmu to Ike it only appears "Ike and MMu attained support level c" and no conversation appears, is that supposed to happen? or am I doing something wrong?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I have an issue, when I try to support my mmu to Ike it only appears "Ike and MMu attained support level c" and no conversation appears, is that supposed to happen? or am I doing something wrong?

That is normal. For any case where the game simply doesn't play a conversation for the support, the conversation simply has not been written and implemented yet, only the support option has.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, HackingToolkit isn't working with me
It would be nice if someone gives me the decrypted ver of the exefs.bin I uploaded before, or by using the .cxi and this : http://uptobox.com/gsf0g4w3ur9s
Thats because its not compatible with japanese characters. You can use it though to just extract the romfs and after it does that close it then use the program mentioned in the op

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, small little bug I just noticed with Mozu's supports
top_0014_zpsf3ulm3ez.png
top_0015_zpselyp91po.png

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, HackingToolkit isn't working with me
It would be nice if someone gives me the decrypted ver of the exefs.bin I uploaded before, or by using the .cxi and this : http://uptobox.com/gsf0g4w3ur9s
Do you still need the plugin? Here's the link for the one I made. Also, yeah, I more or less followed that tutorial when I first made a plugin for NTR.

Reactions: Soul-D

catbossa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question! For the US Special Edition, what do you name the hans .romfs and the other folder? 0004000000179800?

I swear to god I'm going loopy, my FE Awakening patch works perfectly, but my Fates one does not. :wacko: I'm positive it's the name because I did the whole dump, extract, blah blah, the same way for both games.

Choromatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question! For the US Special Edition, what do you name the hans .romfs and the other folder? 0004000000179800?

I swear to god I'm going loopy, my FE Awakening patch works perfectly, but my Fates one does not. :wacko: I'm positive it's the name because I did the whole dump, extract, blah blah, the same way for both games.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'other folder'?
Anyway, on your SD card, you should have a folder called hans. Then, inside that folder, you should have a romfs file called 00179800.romfs
If that doesn't work, then you did something wrong during the re//building process.

The hans application tells you exactly what you need to name your romfs on the screen.

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I only have Birthright, but I do know that you're meant to only use the last 8 digits for the name, so maybe that's it? I'm not certain but since I had that problem at first, it's worth a shot.
EDIT: Hadn't seen Choromatsu's answer yet aha.

Last edited by Karalius,

catbossa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not sure what you mean by 'other folder'?
Anyway, on your SD card, you should have a folder called hans. Then, inside that folder, you should have a romfs file called 00179800.romfs
If that doesn't work, then you did something wrong during the re//building process.

The hans application tells you exactly what you need to name your romfs on the screen.

Sorry, other folder is the one you get from braindump that contains the two files, one being the romfs.bin

I only have Birthright, but I do know that you're meant to only use the last 8 digits for the name, so maybe that's it? I'm not certain but since I had that problem at first, it's worth a shot.
EDIT: Hadn't seen Choromatsu's answer yet aha.

Oh! In the video, it didn't tell you the .romfs in the hans folder should be 8 digits. (I'm pretty sure it doesn't unless I can't hear lol)

Thank you both! It finally worked.

Reactions: Choromatsu

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it not being in the video - or me not noticing - was why it gave me trouble too so it's fine XD But you don't need to rename the folder you get from braindump unless you want to I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto