ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i mean is :
If i have the game, can i save time by downloading a rom instead of creating a dump ? Or does it work only with the dump of my own game ?
This I'm not certain of. I'm pretty sure UnassumingVenusaur has said you must use your own game though?

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question, anyway to get soft reseting to work in ntr? Id be okay with just exiting to the homemenu, closing, relaunching but that causes a soft crash (The nintendo 3ds logo animation that plays immediately after launching something just loops forever). And trying to launch ntr again does the same thing.
I have the same issue with NTR not soft resetting, I've tried switching to earlier and newer builds of NTR and nothing has worked for me so I don't know if there's a fix for that. For the infinite 3ds logo though I installed the BootNTR cia from the 3.4 preview and as long as I use it with the ntr.bin file from the 3.2 release there's no infinite loop screen.
What i mean is :
If i have the game, can i save time by downloading a rom instead of creating a dump ? Or does it work only with the dump of my own game ?
Are you talking about using someone else's romfs file or downloading a cia? Using an already compiled romfs file of the hack should work fine with your own game, but you might still have to extract and rebuild the romfs with the lastest release of the hack to get the newest convos and stuff.

ArcanumZX882

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I was following the guide in the video in order to install this hack and am running into some technical difficulties. Whenever I try to extract the romfs.bin file with RomFS extractor, the program crashes within 35-40% into the extraction process (More specifically, I get a "Rom FS extractor has stopped working" error). I've tried it again and again, even switching computers, the program still crashes within 35-40%. This leads me to believe that there may be an issue with the program itself, or maybe something went wrong when I dumped the rom with braindump. idk, those are just guesses. :-/

If anyone has any insight into this problem and how to potentially fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can definitely use homebrew in emuNAND, I currently have a cia of Cubic Ninja installed in emuNAND that I use to access homebrew. Now that I think of it, that's probably why I didn't know how to fix your problem @000tin I completely forgot that I wasn't using homebrew through sysNAND. If you don't want to upgrade and lose your emuNAND, just install a Cubic Ninja cia and access homebrew through that. That'll get Fates working through Hans and Braindump.
Alright, so since you posted this, I went back, downgraded my 3ds and installed an emuNAND that I launch through Ninjhax and rxTools (so it's running on CFW). It is on the latest firmware, but I can't seem to find how to get the homebrew launcher to work on it... How do I use homebrew?

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so since you posted this, I went back, downgraded my 3ds and installed an emuNAND that I launch through Ninjhax and rxTools (so it's running on CFW). It is on the latest firmware, but I can't seem to find how to get the homebrew launcher to work on it... How do I use homebrew?
What do you mean? Did you already install the cubic ninja cia in emuNAND or no? If you don't know how to do that just try googling it. If you already did that then all you need to do is normally install ninjhax with the QR code on smea's website.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if ninjhax can be installed in 11.0 even in emuNAND, I did all this in 10.7. Go ahead and try though, I could be wrong.

Last edited by Silrae,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
What do you mean? Did you already install the cubic ninja cia in emuNAND or no? If you don't know how to do that just try googling it. If you already did that then all you need to do is normally install ninjhax with the QR code on smea's website.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if ninjhax can be installed in 11.0 even in emuNAND, I did all this in 10.7. Go ahead and try though, I could be wrong.
Why install Cubic Ninja, if you just want to access homebrew on emuNAND just install the Homebrew Launcher which would work regardless of Firmware as long as the payloads exist for the firmware you're tying to use it on.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why install Cubic Ninja, if you just want to access homebrew on emuNAND just install the Homebrew Launcher which would work regardless of Firmware as long as the payloads exist for the firmware you're tying to use it on.
Hm, for some reason this doesn't seem to work on 11.0 for me. I'm using the 10.7 payload, which is probably why it isn't working, but ninjhax boots up just fine?

Last edited by Silrae,

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yep, I'm on 11.0 and Ninjhax doesn't work. It's fine though. Since I'm on CFW, I was able to find a homebrew launcher payload that works from the home menu.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use the NTR version @UnassumingVenusaur ?
If you have the USA version just drag both folders from your version of the game (birthright/conquest/SE) into the root of your SD card.
Hi! When the eur version will have the ntr patch? Thanks for the excelent job!
Here's the link for the special edition EUR plugin, I don't think UV has a plugin for birthright or conquest yet, but I might be wrong. If someone gives me the exefs.bin file for either of those, I can make a plugin for them.

Soul-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glaf if I can help you, but I'm totally a newbie in rom hacking
Guess I have to dump my game using braindump, uh ?

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glaf if I can help you, but I'm totally a newbie in rom hacking
Guess I have to dump my game using braindump, uh ?
Yeah you'd need to use braindump to get the exefs.bin. It'll probably take about maybe 30-45 minutes? That's usually how long it is for me.

ch4mi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
If you have the USA version just drag both folders from your version of the game (birthright/conquest/SE) into the root of your SD card.

Here's the link for the special edition EUR plugin, I don't think UV has a plugin for birthright or conquest yet, but I might be wrong. If someone gives me the exefs.bin file for either of those, I can make a plugin for them.
Thousand thanks!

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this has nothing to do with the topic but, do you guys use arm9? because i still use rxtools and idk would it benefit me in terms of fates to have arm9? :V

Soul-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so now I have the .cxi for the EUR ver of Birthright
It will be difficult for me to decrypt it for the exefs.bin as my PC just died but if someone is interested I can upload the .cxi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto