ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

000tin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, you'd have to use braindump to dump birthright, which can take a while and can take a lot of space (about 2GB of your SD card). If you're willing to do that then after braindump finishes there'll be a romfs.bin file and an exefs.bin file in a folder of your SD card that's named after the title ID of your birthright.

Ah sorry, I'm not very good at stuff like this. I only have a physical copy of EU Conquest, so HANS would probably be the better option for me anyways..

When I try to open the cartridge on braindump or HANS I keep getting a yellow touch screen + a white top screen... Does anyone know how to fix this? I really want to install this hack.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah sorry, I'm not very good at stuff like this. I only have a physical copy of EU Conquest, so HANS would probably be the better option for me anyways..

When I try to open the cartridge on braindump or HANS I keep getting a yellow touch screen + a white top screen... Does anyone know how to fix this? I really want to install this hack.
I've only ever had this problem with my digital copy of fates, so I'm not sure why you're getting such an error with a physical cartridge. Maybe try updating homebrew? You might be running an old version of Hans and Braindump. You can update by going to smea's website, and downloading the homebrew starter kit again. Sorry if this doesn't help, hopefully someone knows more than I do.
I have read that this works with the fan-translation, but it is true even for hans? Since both patches have a lot of files in common.
I think it should work just fine as long as the translation doesn't mess with the gamedata.bin file. It should be safe to overwrite the translation's files, since the ones they have in common should just be the conversation files and modified chapters.

Reactions: Alph Steins

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I actually had this same exact problem. I updated my system to firmware 10.3.0-20U and then it all worked just fine. I had to get Ninjhax though since I was unable to use the internet browser.

I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with encryption on the game vs. the ability of your firmware to read it...

Last edited by Goose Caboose,

Alph Steins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it should work just fine as long as the translation doesn't mess with the gamedata.bin file. It should be safe to overwrite the translation's files, since the ones they have in common should just be the conversation files and modified chapters.
Do you mean the one on GameData folder? Fantranslation doesn't have it then.

000tin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I actually had this same exact problem. I updated my system to firmware 10.3.0-20U and then it all worked just fine. I had to get Ninjhax thuogh since I was unable to use the internet browser.

I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with encryption on the game vs. the ability of your firmware to read it...

I have the latest version. :(´
My SD Card is kind of messy from when I installed NTR CFW for the awakening hack, which worked perfectly fine though. Could it have something to do with the fact that my 3ds can be booted in two firmwares now?
I'm just going to wipe most of the stuff from my sd card and reinstall homebrew tomorrow.
thanks for your help

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest version. :(´
My SD Card is kind of messy from when I installed NTR CFW for the awakening hack, which worked perfectly fine though. Could it have something to do with the fact that my 3ds can be booted in two firmwares now?
I'm just going to wipe most of the stuff from my sd card and reinstall homebrew tomorrow.
thanks for your help
Hey, don't wipe your SD card just yet. So you're running two firmwares, just like I was. I had a sysNAND on 9.2 and an emuNAND up to date. However, I noticed that I couldn't run Fire Emblem while in sysNAND, even without hax and it prompted me to upgrade to 10.3. As the Homebrew launcher runs off sysNAND, I figured that to use Fire Emblem in tandem with any homebrew application, I had to update my sysNAND. It made my emuNAND worthless and unusable, but I didn't really mind. Point is, check what firmware your sysNAND is on. If you're running an emuNAND with it, chances are it's 9.2 or lower. Also, try to boot your 3DS into sysNAND and then launch Fire Emblem. If it's unable, you know you have to upgrade.

EDIT: Also, if you do decide to upgrade your firmware, you should probably have a means other than Browserhax/menuhax by which to run the homebrew launcher. I think there's a way to get browserhax to work on 10.3, but I didn't have any luck.

Last edited by Goose Caboose,

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that to use Fire Emblem in tandem with any homebrew application, I had to update my sysNAND.
You can definitely use homebrew in emuNAND, I currently have a cia of Cubic Ninja installed in emuNAND that I use to access homebrew. Now that I think of it, that's probably why I didn't know how to fix your problem @000tin I completely forgot that I wasn't using homebrew through sysNAND. If you don't want to upgrade and lose your emuNAND, just install a Cubic Ninja cia and access homebrew through that. That'll get Fates working through Hans and Braindump.

Last edited by Silrae,

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can definitely use homebrew in emuNAND, I currently have a cia of Cubic Ninja installed in emuNAND that I use to access homebrew. Now that I think of it, that's probably why I didn't know how to fix your problem @000tin I completely forgot that I wasn't using homebrew through sysNAND. If you don't want to downgrade and lose your emuNAND, just install a Cubic Ninja cia and access homebrew through that. That'll get Fates working through Hans and Braindump.
Huh... Well, I couldn't find anything to fix the errors I was having at the time. Going to 10.3 fixed it for me, but now that I know this, I might downgrade and do emuNAND stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, now I have a question. AT LONG LAST I have managed to make this hack work with my game, but I've noticed that whenever I soft reset, it freezes and I have to launch the goddamn thing through Ninjhax and HANS again which is a huge pain. Is this something I'll just have to accept?
Aside from this, I love this hack.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use it on the Special Edition (EU)?
If you're using homebrew, yeah. If you're using NTR, not yet.
Alright, now I have a question. AT LONG LAST I have managed to make this hack work with my game, but I've noticed that whenever I soft reset, it freezes and I have to launch the goddamn thing through Ninjhax and HANS again which is a huge pain. Is this something I'll just have to accept?
Aside from this, I love this hack.
Do you mean you're soft resetting the game and not Homebrew (pressing start+L+R)? I think soft-resetting won't work with Hans, you can just reset homebrew by pressing L+R+Down+B, it won't soft-reset the game, but at least you don't have to reopen Cubic Ninja.

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, why don't they tell you these things in the guides? Anyway, yeah, I was talking about the button combo I've used in the past when one of my units died or something and it would just restart Fates from the main menu. Thanks

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question, anyway to get soft reseting to work in ntr? Id be okay with just exiting to the homemenu, closing, relaunching but that causes a soft crash (The nintendo 3ds logo animation that plays immediately after launching something just loops forever). And trying to launch ntr again does the same thing.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

For hans installation, is is possible to skip the braindump part and extract a rom instead or won't this work ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto