ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, I already tried to translate the names from Japanese, and couldn't match either Scarlet or Ryoma to any of the files. I just finished removing all of the same-sex supports, and I was just trying to check if anybody had the same request at some point in the past and had already compiled a new .zip.
Deleting the support files themselves will get you nowhere, that's just deleting the conversation itself.

To remove the actual supports you need to edit GameData.bin.lz and individually go through each character's support block to remove the S supports.

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleting the support files themselves will get you nowhere, that's just deleting the conversation itself.

To remove the actual supports you need to edit GameData.bin.lz and individually go through each character's support block to remove the S supports.
And, in a nutshell, this is why I asked if someone here already had this. I can't hex edit.

Since you're here already, is there a guide or someone/thing able to help me edit and delete these?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
And, in a nutshell, this is why I asked if someone here already had this. I can't hex edit.

Since you're here already, is there a guide or someone/thing able to help me edit and delete these?
I don't have any tutorials really, but I think this video might help you.

So here, have this totally unrelated image of me hacking random shit.
ZHm9mZB.png

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I already tried to translate the names from Japanese, and couldn't match either Scarlet or Ryoma to any of the files. I just finished removing all of the same-sex supports, and I was just trying to check if anybody had the same request at some point in the past and had already compiled a new .zip.
Just checked and I see nothing with Scarlet, and the only one I can see with Ryoma is the one with Silas. This includes both the Page 1 original post and the m/@E v0.3.0 directory itself. What you're looking for probably isn't here.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use the Special Edition version if I bought Conquest, then downloaded Birthright and Revelation? Or would that be incompatible?
just use the conquest version, thats what Im doing

Loading up the patch in birthright or conquest you'll notice in the supports screen that characters who are not recruitable in that game route or whos parents isnt married still show up darkened out. So all character supports are included, the game data just varies a bit depending on the version you bought.

And while Im here, NilesxReina supports? Those two like NEED to happen its a match made in heaven- er hell maybe?A̶n̶d̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶u̶p̶a̶k̶i̶n̶k̶y̶f̶i̶c̶c̶u̶s̶h̶o̶l̶y̶s̶h̶i̶t̶l̶i̶k̶e̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶e̶s̶h̶e̶t̶i̶e̶s̶h̶i̶m̶u̶p̶a̶n̶d̶p̶e̶g̶s̶h̶i̶m̶a̶n̶d̶o̶h̶m̶y̶g̶o̶d̶

Last edited by 00technocolor00,
Reactions: Sir Diesalot

Hop3thish3lps

Trophies
XP
Country
I wrote a guide on how to find the offset for which a character's block starts and I thought it'd be useful for those who may need it for changing the gender of any character for children. I'm just a noob and I'm hoping this can help my fellow nooblings :D I'll just leave it below here. Sorry if this doesn't make sense haha, I mainly wrote it up for self-reference :P Credit to someonewhodied from http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54943 for the document.

How to find offset at the start of any character's block (0x followed by four numbers and letters) from Google Docs document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jEe9wL8rHI0LmYmG2_gUAD_2rHZj1iy4MDIQVg96bZo/htmlview?pli=1

1. Look at relative ID in column C and the first number after 0x will be one plus the first number in the thousands of the ID. For instance, Kaze's relative ID is 2F8 and can be seen as 02F8, therefore the number would be 1 = 0x1, since when you add 1 to the first number, which is a 0, it becomes 1 so therefore his offset would start with 0x1. Felicia's relative ID is 130 and can be seen as 0130, making her offset start with 0x1. Flora's relative ID is 1AB8, so her first number would be 2, so 0x2, since the 1 in the thousands when added with 1 becomes a 2. An exception is Gunther. His relative ID is 98, but he becomes 0xfb8, so no first number.

2. The last three numbers and letters of the offset at the start of any character's block are the same as the last three numbers and letters found under column E called 'My Offset (Insert Kamui's)' in the row of the character. Take the last three numbers and letters from Kaze's 'My Offset' which is 168E4218. This would make his offset at the start of his character block 0x1218, placing the first number from step 1 in as well.

3. To find this offset on a hex editor, just disregard the 0x and find according to the four numbers and letters after. Or just refer to this post here: http://unassumingvenusaur.tumblr.co...o-in-order-to-have-kids-in-the-gay-fates-hack

Reactions: 00technocolor00

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was never a version with just the straight supports probably because that was never the focus of this. But if you're trying just to get Scarlet to marry someone, she's not yet included if the changelog is accurate.
(That I saw? From Tumblr though I think Scarlet/F!Corrin is coming.)

Last edited by Karalius,
Reactions: Jesskas

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just checked and I see nothing with Scarlet, and the only one I can see with Ryoma is the one with Silas. This includes both the Page 1 original post and the m/@E v0.3.0 directory itself. What you're looking for probably isn't here.
Scarlet most definitely can support Ryoma, probably an undocumented change, I personally use this hack (even though I don't think I've done any gay marriages outside of Kaden and Keaton), and you can see an example of me trying to implement the Ryoma and Scarlet marriage in places like this.
http://deathchaos-25.tumblr.com/post/143713045564/paralogue-7-alternate-recruit-method-for-shiro

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was never a version with just the straight supports probably because that was never the focus of this. But if you're trying just to get Scarlet to marry someone, she's not yet included if the changelog is accurate.
(That I saw? From Tumblr though I think Scarlet/F!Corrin is coming.)
It might not have been the focus of it to begin with, but it is now a request from someone who wants it.

Reactions: Sir Diesalot

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah hadn't seen it then! And yes I know it is a request now, but I was just trying to explain why it's not been an option so far.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of getting bond units added as support options (even without conversations?)
I think you can manually remove their sheilds and they'll suppport with the avatar at least. I think it might be possible as each already exists sorta in game with names, base stats, ect, so maybe they had id pointers weather recruited or not

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I think you can manually remove their sheilds and they'll suppport with the avatar at least. I think it might be possible as each already exists sorta in game with names, base stats, ect, so maybe they had id pointers weather recruited or not
They do, every possible bond unit has a pre existing character block with placeholder data.

If my assumptions are correct, removing the shield from the bond unit should unlock a support with your MU as they are considered the parent of your bond unit, although this might only apply on the moment the unit is created, and since it has a shield, it might not unlock a support at all.

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues, following Venusaur's tutorial on changing characters genders to unlock baby prologues.

My game as the Gay Fates Hack on it, I played until I got Corrin and Rinkah to S rank but haven't used it yet (/they are ready to be S rank but haven't made it so.) I braindump my game, use RomFS Extractor on my romfs.bin to get romfs_ folder. Copy my GameData.bin.lz into BatchLZ77 folder. Open GameData.bin.lz into HxD and backspace the first 4 bytes (delete) then save. Use BatchLZ77 to decompress and then change the name to GamaData.bin. Go to Rinkah's offset (search 00001180) which brings me to the first byte being 01, change to 00 and save. Use BatchLZ77 again to compress and rename to GameData.bin.lz. Open in HxD, copy and paste insert the first 4 bytes, change first byte to 13 and add 1 to the second byte. Which brings the first 4 bytes back to what they were before the editing. Use RomFS builder to get my 00179600.romfs and overwrite my old .romfs file in \hans folder. Try to load the new /romfs file in HANs and get two black screens...

My original first 4 bytes were 13 F8 2F 03, then it's time to paste insert they are 11 F7 2F 03, which gets changed to 13 F8 2F 03 again like it's supposed too. Can anyone else see what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!

Note: I have a copy of my working .romfs file and restored it to check, it runs fine. Also, once I unlock the prologue do I have to braindump + do everything again or can I restore my old .romfs file and continue one with the dual Kanas patch that way?

edit: I redumped and tried again and now it's working, however it's removing the gay fates part... so Rinkah no longer has an S rank option???
For this situation, I find it's easy to use the "all paralogue unlocked " GameData file bc you don't have to hex edit. But I personally hex edit for hacked siblings like Soleil and Siegbert, Sophie and F!Kana, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto