ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you have to edit Gamedata.bin in a hex editor multiple times, so it's not something anyone could easily pick up and do. Though if you're comfortable in a hex editor it's very quick and easy.
I used to do spider hacks on awakening to edit skills and classes, I also added Lucina, Robin, and Ike on my Jap Fates through hex editing.

Do I need anything special or just the hex editor and the gamedata.bin? I read Deathchaos' trick but it was a bit confusing, he used tools I don't knkw where to get, except for hxd.

If only there's a way to get it to work on Gateway haha

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to do spider hacks on awakening to edit skills and classes, I also added Lucina, Robin, and Ike on my Jap Fates through hex editing.

Do I need anything special or just the hex editor and the gamedata.bin? I read Deathchaos' trick but it was a bit confusing, he used tools I don't knkw where to get, except for hxd.

If only there's a way to get it to work on Gateway haha
Well, basically, for the game to unlock a child one character in the marriage has to be flagged as "male" and the other "female." This is determined by one byte that is at the start of every character's character block. 00 means male, 01 means female. So today, I went to Hinoka's character block, changed the first byte, 01, to 00, and she and Azura were able to have Shigure. After he was recruited I changed Hinoka back to "female" and Shigure still worked fine and treated Hinoka as his parent. So basically you just need to trick the game a little.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, basically, for the game to unlock a child one character in the marriage has to be flagged as "male" and the other "female." This is determined by one byte that is at the start of every character's character block. 00 means male, 01 means female. So today, I went to Hinoka's character block, changed the first byte, 01, to 00, and she and Azura were able to have Shigure. After he was recruited I changed Hinoka back to "female" and Shigure still worked fine and treated Hinoka as his parent. So basically you just need to trick the game a little.

What do you use as pointers to character blocks? Skills? Or items? Are the data the same as in the Japanese Fates for skills?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you use as pointers to character blocks? Skills? Or items? Are the data the same as in the Japanese Fates for skills?
Haha, well, what i do to find the character blocks is to search for their PiD in a japanese character editor then search for the pointer that would point to it. Though if you want to avoid using a japanese hex editor you could just tell me what characters' blocks you need to find

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, well, what i do to find the character blocks is to search for their PiD in a japanese character editor then search for the pointer that would point to it. Though if you want to avoid using a japanese hex editor you could just tell me what characters' blocks you need to find

Oh okay, cool.

Corrin,
Soleil,
Rhajat,
Azura,
Camilla,
Selena,
Orochi.

Pretty much that's it. I hope this would help other too XD
Thank you very much.
Also, there is no urgency here.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, cool.

Corrin,
Soleil,
Rhajat,
Azura,
Camilla,
Selena,
Orochi.

Pretty much that's it. I hope this would help other too XD
Thank you very much.
Also, there is no urgency here.
Both Corrins?

Edit: Well, now that I think about it, Corrin's first byte works differently. IT would be better to just change the gender flag for their partner.

Last edited by UnassumingVenusaur,

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know kids are tied to the males, right? Like even if you change Camilla's gender to male and then have her get married to Selena, you still won't get a kid. The only kid you can get by changing one of the females to male is Kana if you plan on marrying any of those characters as a female Corrin. Otherwise, you're going to have to change the genders of one of the people in a male/male relationship to get kids.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know kids are tied to the males, right? Like even if you change Camilla's gender to male and then have her get married to Selena, you still won't get a kid. The only kid you can get by changing one of the females to male is Kanna if you plan on marrying any of those characters as a female Corrin. Otherwise, you're going to have to change the genders of one of the people in a male/male relationship to get kids.
The kids are tied to the character only. Upon reading that a character reached an s support it checks for Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve and once that gets a pass it checks who the specific characters are in this s rank for who'm to unlock.
If neither characters are tied to a child unit it dosnt unlock anything cus theirs nothing to unlock. No matter what gender you set them to internally. Except for maybe Kanna. If you change like Hanna to be internally the male avatar and marry her to like Sakura I think youll get female Kanna. Because the avatar specifically as a separate gender hex file. But I havnt been able to test that out yet. Ill post screenshots of an army of Kannas all with different moms and dads if this is true.

Last edited by 00technocolor00,

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The kids are tied to the character only.
Oh. I know that. I just meant that the only characters who have children tied to them are the male characters and also female Corrin and I forgot to mention but also Azura. But I was just trying to make an example by saying that there's no child set to most off the female characters so having two of them get married won't do anything even if you do change one of them to male. And if they want to get specific children, they're going to have to pair some males together and then change the gender of one of them. They only listed female characters, so I thought they might think the children were tied to the female characters like they were in Awakening. And I wanted to make sure they knew so they didn't waste their time.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. I know that. I just meant that the only characters who have children tied to them are the male characters and also female Corrin and I forgot to mention but also Azura. But I was just trying to make an example by saying that there's no child set to most off the female characters so having two of them get married won't do anything even if you do change one of them to male. And if they want to get specific children, they're going to have to pair some males together and then change the gender of one of them. They only listed female characters, so I thought they might think the children were tied to the female characters like they were in Awakening. And I wanted to make sure they knew so they didn't waste their time.
I just didn't know who to pair Azura and female corrin with. But having a lot of options help. :)
I appreciate the thought.

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just didn't know who to pair Azura and female corrin with. But having a lot of options help. :)
I appreciate the thought.
Just wanted to make sure. Cause even if you do marry two females, that leaves less females for the males to marry, so you'd still probably have to do at least one male/male pair if you want to try to get all the kids.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to make sure. Cause even if you do marry two females, that leaves less females for the males to marry, so you'd still probably have to do at least one male/male pair if you want to try to get all the kids.
I'm well aware that there is a shortage of bachelorettes in Fates XD

Oh I tried saving a game that has the plugin and opening it on Gateway, seemed to work fine. Maybe because I haven't gotten to marrying them yet. I sort of read somewhere that the game might break if saved with the plugin and loaded the game on another cfw without the plugin.
So I've been experimenting..

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I do all the time. And your gay pairings will show up on other people's games even if they don't have the hack.

wait they do? How? I didn't think you could see other people's pairings, like normally even without the hack. unlike awakening fates doesnt have the thing that says husband/wife/child

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
wait they do? How? I didn't think you could see other people's pairings, like normally even without the hack. unlike awakening fates doesnt have the thing that says husband/wife/child
I think you can see the closest support on the unit page. The one at the bottom where you can see the eyes of the supports? XD
So it would really be weird to see shigure's supports being feCorrine, Azura, and Kana.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can see the closest support on the unit page. The one at the bottom where you can see the eyes of the supports? XD
So it would really be weird to see shigure's supports being feCorrine, Azura, and Kana.

yeah I think thats the only thing that shows it, lol

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that there are no S-support convos for F!Corrin/Azura on USA special edition - Birthright path.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...