Country
Belgium
deanxxczx said:
canx13 said:
and romurs : final fantasy 7 ps3 version

There is no rumors.
typpo sorry
biggrin.gif

and there is ... check gamespot wich isnt a site where you can download stuff from - its like ign if you know it

i dunno search for ff7 remake ps3 bleh bleh bbleh

xD

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
canx13 said:
deanxxczx said:
canx13 said:
and romurs : final fantasy 7 ps3 version

There is no rumors.
typpo sorry
biggrin.gif

and there is ... check gamespot wich isnt a site where you can download stuff from - its like ign if you know it

i dunno search for ff7 remake ps3 bleh bleh bbleh

xD

That's hardly a rumor. That Japanese guy (whatever his name is) said he's making a game fans would like in 2010. People always say "FINAL FANTASY VII HOLY SHIT!" but doesn't anyone notice that anything this guy excretes will be "a game fans would like"? It's as much of a rumor as a Final Fantasy 1 through 9 remake.

...And we all know what GameSpot is.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Did play some of them on DS, FFXII and Dirge of Cerberus on PS2.

Only ones I really enjoyed are well... The Crystal Chronicles games on DS. RoF was a great game and I loved the story more than that of most other rpgs I've played.

Dirge of Cerberus wasn't that bad either.

Well, let's just say I can't really stand formulaic games like the standard JRPG, prefer more action.

LonerGoth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've not played enough jrpgs to hate or love them, but I did however enjoy ff8.

I mean, it was my first experience in a game where you walked around everywhere for the first part, then flew in the school you attended in the middle during huge scale battle sequences as well, then flew in a space ship towards the end, utilizing the analogue sticks, for elevation!

I did play and enjoy chrono trigger, I enjoyed it enough to play it again on the DS...

Everyone here forgot to mention harvest moon games... rune factory, was an rpg with fighting, and farm building! imagine it, an role playing game, where instead of battling for some story, you farm, and try to build a life for your character, then go off battling, by choice!

I've played nearly all kingdom hearts games, I've missed out on touhou games, and I've played nearly all final fantasy games... except the psp ones.... I've heard of chrono cross, ar tonelico, skies of arcadia, shadow hearts, and loads of others I missed out on...

side note: What really annoys me, is that pokemon made it to Europe, on my TV Even though to aru kagaku no railgun didn't, and as if to make me even more pissed, Flash and Dash was on Cartoon network today, a cartoon about Rc cars racing!? but no aki sora, or kiss x sis!? Even bakemonogatori managed to sell loads of Blue ray disks, yet we don't see that in europe?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
LonerGoth said:
Everyone here forgot to mention harvest moon games... rune factory, was an rpg with fighting, and farm building! imagine it, an role playing game, where instead of battling for some story, you farm, and try to build a life for your character, then go off battling, by choice!

The games are shit.
This is a final fantasy topic.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I really like Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers
smile.gif
It was easy to get into and the controls are decent. Jumping and grappling grapple points has some delay before you reach onto them which is the only thing I've got to complain over. The game is fun and it's refreshing all the time. Gameplay is very varying which makes the game fun and make you want to progress the whole time.

The story and script is mediocre coupled with bad virtual actors. The characters themselves seem boring in the beginning but as new characters are introduced you feel it's worth keeping going on.

The music is overall fitting even tho there are very few tunes which are memorable but there's still some gems within there.

The animation of the characters is VERY good, looking at the girl by the train never ceases to amaze me
smile.gif

Environments and world is very nice, the standard steampunk fantasy as previous games keep on going on with.

The objective for different section aren't crystal clear and sometimes I just don't understand if I'm supposed to do anything there or not. Yeah I'm talking about them shifting zones. At one place, I killed this really large monster and he drops a couple of coins and don't reward much more than anything else. Only to see him reappear again when the "day/night"-cycle changes. (Yeah sorta like Simon's Quest on the NES)

Gear you may equip is 1 ring, 1 amulet and 1 bracelet. These increase/decrease your power's range, the time to grapple and enemy or object, the damage you deal to the enemy, and two more things which I don't remember right now.
smile.gif
Certain gear have special things like, loss half of dmg instead of full dmg and similar.
Equipment seem to be of less importance than in previous games, atleast that's how it feels so far. I'm only 7 hours into the game and haven't really had much use of my gear yet.

Life is found like in Zelda in the form of hearts from either defeating all enemies in zones and shutting their respawn hole(Some zones can't be cleared because day/night shift is made to remove all enemies before you can defeat them) or finding them in secret areas.

All in all it's a refreshing game in the Crystal Chronicles-world with Lilties, Clavat, Selkie and Yuke's as the citizens.

Oh and if you liked Twilight Princess, this game has some vibes of Zelda. (Gameplay is similar but without any additional equipment which Link has at his disposal)

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
The only one I could be bothered to finish after FF6 was FF9. Can't stand the formulaic feel of the other ones.

I always preferred Western RPG's as they seem to actually want to do something different. I don't think games like FF7/8 or the ones after FF9 were bad they were just "so what?" to me. Pretty sure the games I love have their haters too, maybe more so seeing that lot are made by Western developers.

I guess I prefer my Japanese games to be made by developers who are more left field like Platinum Studios.
This^

Although, I very much enjoyed Final Fantasy XII. Perhaps because it wasn't made by the same team that produced 7,8, & 10, which happened to be the most popular of the bunch. We have Nomura and his buttbuddies to thank for those. Not to say that they are bad games, because they sure are a lot of fun. VII in particular was great, but with the gaming media reminding us of it every waking minute, and Square popping out VII-related games to please the fans, it has gotten quite stale.

Remember though fellas, Square isn't only Final Fantasy. The greatest Square game of all time is Vagrant Story. Maybe you guys should actually try the game, it's only $139.84 new on Amazon.

EDIT: On a site note, there is nothing more ridiculous than someone dissing Final Fantasy and being a Kingdom Hearts fan.
Kingdom Hearts is a mashup of everything that is wrong with Final Fantasy, + extremely generic & simplified hack'n'slash gameplay, + Disney characters, which surprisingly prove to be much more interesting than the actual main characters.

EDIT 2: and fucking gummi ships

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i liked final fantasy I, III, IV, V, VI, VII and hated FF XII because a didn`t like the FF XII gameplay and i never played FF II, VIII, IX, X and XI

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Mei-o said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Anyway, this is a FINAL FANTASY thread, not a KINGDOM HEARTS thread. Let's stay on topic.
As if there's THAT much of a difference in terms of blatant fanboyism between the two. KH isn't much better than the crap people hail as FF VII anyway.

Go on, bite me.

Kingdom Hearts isn't bad by any means. Despite it's rather fanboy following and tendencies, they've popped out a few good games, even if they do have lame storylines and mediocre characters. They're still good hack n' slashers.

Anyway, obvious trolling is obvious. I can't say if FFVII is crap but I have a feeling you're saying it just because you want to piss people off.
Whatever floats your boat.
dry.gif

QUOTE(LonerGoth @ Dec 30 2009, 01:39 AM)
side note: What really annoys me, is that pokemon made it to Europe, on my TV Even though to aru kagaku no railgun didn't, and as if to make me even more pissed, Flash and Dash was on Cartoon network today, a cartoon about Rc cars racing!? but no aki sora, or kiss x sis!? Even bakemonogatori managed to sell loads of Blue ray disks, yet we don't see that in europe?
I don't care if I get a warn for this, but I JUST HAVE TO SAY IT. You're an idiot. A tasteless one at that. A lifeless, basement-dwelling pedophile weeaboo idiot. Your common sense also sucks. GO GET OUT OF YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT! Wait...no...stay there, you might kidnap some kid outside or something.

And bah, that 'fan-requested game' is obviously FF VII. And Nomura's already having a swimming pool built for the truckloads of money they'll be earning when this comes out. People would BAAAAWWWW over the Aeris death scene over and over and over again saying how it's MORE REALISTIC AND DRAMATIC THIS TIME AROUND. And I bet they have already spent millions in animating a certain someone's long flowing silver locks.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Im a Final Fantasy fan but i hate ff7 its terrible the only thing i liked in it was vincent. I dont really care if you dont like the game, its your opinion and your entitled to it, what gets me annoyed is when people call it "the worst game ever made" when most of them haven't even tried it and if they have they played it for 5 minutes then given up. besides im sure that there are alot worse games out there, just my opinion.

- VV

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Mei-o said:
LonerGoth said:
I don't care if I get a warn for this, but I JUST HAVE TO SAY IT. You're an idiot. A tasteless one at that. A lifeless, basement-dwelling pedophile weeaboo idiot. Your common sense also sucks. GO GET OUT OF YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT! Wait...no...stay there, you might kidnap some kid outside or something.

And bah, that 'fan-requested game' is obviously FF VII. And Nomura's already having a swimming pool built for the truckloads of money they'll be earning when this comes out. People would BAAAAWWWW over the Aeris death scene over and over and over again saying how it's MORE REALISTIC AND DRAMATIC THIS TIME AROUND. And I bet they have already spent millions in animating a certain someone's long flowing silver locks.

Mei-o
wub.gif

Plus, 'LonerGoth' your going way off topic. Whats cartoon network got to do with FF or even SE in that matter.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like any Turn based or RTS games it's just that sometimes i'm not in the mood to be "strategic"
tongue.gif

I love thinking.... those games are great

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's alright. You have your likes and you have your dislikes.

Someone said they didn't like sport games...? Yeah me too. I just don't understand it... Just play it in real life ;D [no i don't mean getting the game then playing it on your DS in your life which is supposedly real. i mean getting the equipment for the sport and playing the game].

Anyway, I only did like a few of the FinalFantasy series games.

Soo...
FF 1/2 [the GBA one. even though i never got to actually finishing the game... it was very hard], FF 3 [DS one. first DS game i ever got. i only got it because of the FinalFantasy title. then after, i found the game rather amusing, so then i got into it more], FF 4 [the DS one. i never bothered with the GBA one. but another good game. i liked it because it had a strict storyline. nothing to worry about when it comes to classes, but then at least in FF3, you could say you would have more "variety" in terms of combinations for classes and skills], FF Tactics Advance [the GBA one. still searching for it... xD. really good game to me since i am a strategic gamer], FF Tactics A2 [the DS one. i got it for $20 a few days ago. i actually planned on buying this game since it was strategic and a better version of Tactics Advance] and FF XII Revenant Wings [the DS one. Strategy game. 'Nuff Said].

Anyway, those are the only ones i actually liked... Since they were pretty much described there.

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
YES! I really am not a fan of the whole JRPG thing. I absolutely HATE Manga/Anime and i think if you do you like men and if you are a women you are prematurely balding
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Ninjin said:
removed. -mthr

Fair load of insults in there, thanks for alienated a huge part of the internet!!! I have one thing to say about you thinking all guys who like Anime are gay, Hentai. Also, try googling any female Final Fantasy character with the filters off.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can think of Final Fantasy as SE's $1000000 brand name and you won't be too far off.
Slap a Final Fantasy on the cover, add in Fira Thundra and Blizzara and there you go, another "final" fantasy.
I may be a FF fan, but I'm just against SE's marketing strategy :\

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TBH non spin-off/non-main series FF without the traditional turnbased/ATB battles are stupid. *ehem XI, XII, XIII*

except VII which is stupid enough. too much hype and fanboys

oh and kiddies, that's an opinion

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Soo...
FF 1/2 [the GBA one. even though i never got to actually finishing the game... it was very hard], FF 3 [DS one. first DS game i ever got. i only got it because of the FinalFantasy title. then after, i found the game rather amusing, so then i got into it more], FF 4 [the DS one. i never bothered with the GBA one. but another good game. i liked it because it had a strict storyline. nothing to worry about when it comes to classes, but then at least in FF3, you could say you would have more "variety" in terms of combinations for classes and skills], FF Tactics Advance [the GBA one. still searching for it... xD. really good game to me since i am a strategic gamer], FF Tactics A2 [the DS one. i got it for $20 a few days ago. i actually planned on buying this game since it was strategic and a better version of Tactics Advance] and FF XII Revenant Wings [the DS one. Strategy game. 'Nuff Said].

Anyway, those are the only ones i actually liked... Since they were pretty much described there.
Maybe you only like those because you only own a GBA and a DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I originally came here to get themes for my vWii, but I got distracted by these chatrooms
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    so I made an account
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, here im mostly active in the chat btw
    +1
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm probably gonna stay here as well
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Coming back to my house in 30 min
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Concept: pinocchio but instead of his nose growing, everything BUT his nose grows
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    everything else you say?
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Except that.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would do anything for love, but I won't do that? Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each time psi lies his penis does in fact get bigger
    +1
    Lol damn so that's why it's tiny... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks pretty massive to me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks don't matter, you gotta sample the product first
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it didn't then why won't your wife leave my place
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    rick james- Cocaine is a hella of a drug
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh for real tho, tell her to get food on her way home, I feel like cheeseburgers tonight
    +1
    Tried to get McDonald's on the way home app glitched lol
    Now I'm like ughh what to eat....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They keep bringing back $1 big macs the bastards know how to fuel addiction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apps should allow us to use deals and rewards two sperate things
    Yeah for sure lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried frozen pf changes for $5 not really worth it
    Hell the normal restaurant kinda sucks too
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hell the normal restaurant kinda sucks too