Final Fantasy VI for Android and iOS teaser images

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, didn't see that. My bad :P But yeah, these "remakes" are an insult to the original game. And I thought the GBA port was bad :D

I want to like the GBA port of Final Fantasy IV, but the battle order bug is horrendous. Getting ready to assign a character to do something the moment their bar fills to max, only to end up going through the entire party a 2nd time before the options for that one character pops up. Some characters will even go twice in a row before anyone else. It's pathetic.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to like the GBA port of Final Fantasy IV, but the battle order bug is horrendous. Getting ready to assign a character to do something the moment their bar fills to max, only to end up going through the entire party a 2nd time before the options for that one character pops up. Some characters will even go twice in a row before anyone else. It's pathetic.

It didn't help that the GBA's sound processor sucks compared to the Snes sound chip :D The music was pretty weak.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
suddenly they found out that it was cheaper to market and package their games for the mobile market over the 3ds (catridges, distribution etc).

Besides you've got tens of millions on the stores who can get the game much quicker than with the 3ds.

Still doesn't excuse how they have treated 3DS owners by withholding Dragon Quest 7 and Monsters internationally even though there is a demand for them.

Because the profit margin is much higher on those systems, and Squareeeenix has always been about pursuing the console that makes them the most.

And yet they have only released 3 games on the 3DS, one was a music game and the other two were sub par sequels to franchises that they can't bloody well decide what platform they want them on with Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts. It's kind of hilarious that Square's own development choices and lousy marketing abilities are this reason why rehashes of old franchises is the only thing that generates them a profit.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You have heard dragon quest 1-9 are getting rereleases for the ios and android, right? Just saying incase you didn't know.
What does that have to do with what I said?
The point remains that the DS got several remakes and they kept on making them for the 3DS.
Also, it's not 1 to 9, it's I to 8, 9 will remain a DS exclusive, I highly doubt the VII version will be the one recently released on the 3DS though, it'll most likely be a port of the PSX one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag