Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes indeed it was alot harder I have played all most all of the final fantasy games haven't played the mmo ones yet but will soon lol but yeah I loved the nes lol I still the thing ant it still works lmao
Yea the only one's I have not tried is mmo version
Finished all up to 12 not much into the PS3 one's they look good but something is missing that at least the FF-0 has

EVEN the Tactics yea yea even those I have played :grog:

Well that is enough off topic derailed the thread enough out of me :P

Reactions: GrimReaperX

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the thing will not work under wine, which is just amazing no idea what format the patch is, I hope that it's a normal patch format where I can use a different program but I seriously doubt it.

FrostLust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What's with the cheats in this thread? Is the game hard or I am missing something? Also another question is where can I find a blog/site to explain all mechanism of this game? I am like 5 hours in the game and don't very much understand everything.

Thanks in advance, also I ordered a copy of Type-0 from Play-Asia.

Btw I don't only mean mechanisms, also plot explanation and who are who etc.

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What's with the cheats in this thread? Is the game hard or I am missing something? Also another question is where can I find a blog/site to explain all mechanism of this game? I am like 5 hours in the game and don't very much understand everything.

The first 30 minutes of the game basically explains everything you need to know.:blink: You skipped through everything, didn't you?

Reactions: GrimReaperX

FrostLust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The first 30 minutes of the game basically explains everything you need to know.:blink: You skipped through everything, didn't you?

Nope I read everything carefully, but still it's hard to fully get everything unless I play and connect what I learned, so I need some kind of guide to refresh what I learned instead of starting new game, unless tutorials are still available somewhere?

Also I am more interested to understand the plot, problem is wikis and articles on net contain massive spoilers and I don't wanna risk read unless someone can provide me with a spoiler free article to explain the plot, would be much appreciated.

GrimReaperX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope I read everything carefully, but still it's hard to fully get everything unless I play and connect what I learned, so I need some kind of guide to refresh what I learned instead of starting new game, unless tutorials are still available somewhere?

Also I am more interested to understand the plot, problem is wikis and articles on net contain massive spoilers and I don't wanna risk read unless someone can provide me with a spoiler free article to explain the plot, would be much appreciated.

Hey dude then the History (Crimson codex) is where you need to go it has everything in it my friend

Reactions: FrostLust

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The game isn't hard. It's an action jRPG, so with some practice and skill you can defeat enemies 20 ~ 30 levels above you easily. (Kill-Sight/Break-Sight wise.)

About the cheats, there are items that can only be obtained through data import and Square Enix Members Site. Some players are having problems with the "conventional" methods (I haven't tested any yet), this is the reason of "cheating".

Well, I admit I found it a bit hard at first. The tutorial is undoubtedly very explanatory, but I took a few hours to learn the controls and mechanics, so I started a new game again. Everything is going well, I'm just a little confused about some missable stuff, but I can deal with it.

More info about story, world setting, mechanics and "who are who":
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Type-0

Technical info by Adam from Operation Doomtrain and community:
http://goo.gl/Lo4lWU

May the Crystal protect you!

PureMagic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well the thing will not work under wine, which is just amazing no idea what format the patch is, I hope that it's a normal patch format where I can use a different program but I seriously doubt it.
Try using mono framework. The patcher seems to be compiled to .NET bytecode.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I love this May the crystal protect you!

frist time I seen this I had to smile kinda like the star wars thing going on there may the force be with you :D
Yeah, I like to think I'm a roleplayer.

One more tip. I read that some players are trying to do things like try to defeat the first Golem, but if you pay attention to the Moglin orders that isn't the mission!
You can try to destroy the Summoning Gate before Golem is summoned, but if you can't just keep following the orders. ALWAYS pay attention to the orders.

That's it. Enjoy!

Reactions: Star-scream

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure, I'll help but can you please tell me your PSP model & CFW?

PSP 2000 with 6.20 PRO-C2
I have never had problem until now. I don't know if it's a game problem, a plugin problem (I have CWCheat and PSPStates for quick save that I have never used...disabling it the problem is not solved) or a battery problem (I alternate my original one with a 3600 mAh not original in use now) :(

FrostLust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry, but I have one more question, Magic Class from Moogle in class 0, does that increase the stats for all members or only the active character? And does the same apply in battle EXP? Do inactive characters also gain EXP after mission end?

Thanks in advance!

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So does anyone have a MAX SPP cheat? And the one that will let me buy stuff from higher ranks? I hear using the cheat gives you max points but your shop rank is level 1 and you can't buy more advanced items.

Would be nice if I could 100% this game since I can't get items from SPP shop anywhere else and apparently you get some of the best equips there.

I have no way of playing this on multiplayer, so cheats would be nice.

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No exact time table on the first patch update so far, guys, but here's an (ongoing) list of the things that will be changed:

- Videos still displaying Japanese dates and unsubtitled timestamps will be changed to English.
- Font usage and date format in videos will be standardized.
- The Crimson Codex loading issue will be fixed.
- The tutorial text box for "Max Morale" will display correctly.
- Several small cases of missing periods and extra periods will be corrected.
- A small typo in Aki's dialogue at the beginning of the game will be corrected.
- The terminology referring to "Combat Exercises" and "Auxiliary Missions" will be standardized.
- Tutorials will be further improved and streamlined to improve the new player experience.
- The translation of the messages detailing lectures available in between missions will be improved.
- A tutorial box may be added explaining that the player must effectively choose what content to experience, and that all content can only be experienced through multiple playthroughs. (dependent on tutorial reformatting)
- Text will be revised to more clearly show the relationship between the four nations of Orience, and the multiple names used for each nation. (e.g., Byakko = Milites = the Empire)
i have two questions:the patch will work in this iso i have patched in english(not the merged iso japonese)or only work in the merged iso in japonese?the second question is if the save i have from the merged iso english works in the new patch without errors?thanks

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
PSP 2000 with 6.20 PRO-C2
I have never had problem until now. I don't know if it's a game problem, a plugin problem (I have CWCheat and PSPStates for quick save that I have never used...disabling it the problem is not solved) or a battery problem (I alternate my original one with a 3600 mAh not original in use now) :(

It would be better if you update your CFW to 6.60 PRO-C Fix3. Here is a link to the installation guide: http://www.nicoblog-games.com/psp-iso/install-pro-cfw-on-your-psp/
Also, you need to configure the Inferno driver on your PSP. Try it and see how it works.

i have two questions:the patch will work in this iso i have patched in english(not the merged iso japonese)or only work in the merged iso in japonese?the second question is if the save i have from the merged iso english works in the new patch without errors?thanks

Sorry but it's still too early for these questions to be answered. Right now, we are focused on collecting reports about errors in the English patch.

You will all be informed after everything has been confirmed.

Reactions: nalcwap

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: HHTurtle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, discord?