Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

shi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can if you convert that save into a JP save file. I had someone do that for me to be able to import my PSP2 US save into Infinity.

Wait... is that for real? I'm just so inlove with my first character. She looks like my GF, so yeah XD. If it's possible, can you PM me or something, and give me an advice on this matter?

JC200X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... is that for real? I'm just so inlove with my first character. She looks like my GF, so yeah XD. If it's possible, can you PM me or something, and give me an advice on this matter?

For realsies. However, you'll have to remake your character and your stuff doesn't carry over when importing from PSP1. The only real benefits from importing are getting a strong beginner saber, a title, and an added scene in Episode 1's storyline.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I'm confused about: Didn't that game already get an official US release? I distinctly remember playing a demo on my PSP Go....
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity is actually 2 games in 1. PSP2 + Infinity. So, for example, if you've already finished PSP2 (Episode 1) or don't wish to play it, you can just skip that part and start playing Infinity (Episode 2).

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We still working a lot. There are not that many news, because we are at a stage where every possible fix takes a lot of time, you know, the last percentage of everything is always the longest one xD. I'm right now dealing with image edition. Artistan and I fixed one today, and another one yesterday, but that doesn't even deserve an update.

Just so you guys have an idea of how much time do these 7 image need:

-Here is the image itself, just how it looks in the game:

To edit this, I have to decode the graphic image, that looks like this once decoded:

Notice how it has reusable characters? The edition by Artistan would be impossible like this, the only way is to find the UV coordinates of the image (the ones that tell what part of the image is to be used and where), and edit them. Once found, this is how the UV look like:

That's right, all that makes sense to me, but it takes time to figure out its logic. Once the UV coordinates have been re-posicioned (which has to be done manually, hex-editing the data shown in the prevoius image), we can make the game read pixels from whereever we want in the image. So I use the trailing blank squares, to avoid character repetitions. This is how the image looks in-game after correctily repositioning UV's:

http://postimg.org/image/98ww3vhmr/

Wonder why the last character still repeated? First of all, there are 4 character repeated in the original image, and only 3 blank squares at its end. However, this is not a problem since the translation expected for this specific graphic will end the same way for both elections ;)

~Sky

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that example. It doesn't make sense to me but I still like having the process explained and looking at it myself. It's very interesting. Keep rockin Sky!

Pedro Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i guess the easiest part was just the text, this is gonna take a while (more than 6 months i guess. hype lvl dropping)... keep up the good work team

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Besides this one, that we are still working on (may take HOURS to tweak it until it looks perfect) there are other 6 like this. There are also 2 images that are hard too (but not THAT hard), for example the battle/mission start/end graphic. I solved that one like this:

40qo.jpg

From here there are other possibilities, to let two banners centered, etc...

Then there are a bunch of graphic formats (TIP, IMG, IMGP, GFX, etc...) That can be hacked and translated using regular image edition. This is actually about 90% of the graphics (that's why image edition was so quick once the tools had support for them).

~Sky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3