Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Lexsis21

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I got the merged ISO working, but I'm struggling to figure out how to insert the cheat values into CWCheat so I can switch discs.

i use cwcheat editor just add new title and add the game id
and after that add code dont copy paste from the web type it and enable it all the time

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got the merged ISO working, but I'm struggling to figure out how to insert the cheat values into CWCheat so I can switch discs.

It looks great so far. Running on 660 Pro-B, if that makes a difference.

U have to manualy add (had to research myself xD)
I added it with editor.
How to edit CWCheat
The Musik is horrible but the tut is ok

The basic is, u add the Game and the cheats. Now if u open cw cheat u will see ur two cheats. What happened to me was, I had to manualy rework the cheatcode (I don't know why he didn't take it as I made them in the editor file)
To do so, go into CWCheat (Press select for 3 secs) press X right away (Select Cheats). There should be ur two values u added like in the tutorial (for me I named it Change Disc 1 and Change Disc 2). Now u have 4 Options X = activate/disable; [] = modify value; SELECT = save Database; O = Return. We need [] here. Now u see three values: Addr; Hex VAL0E (yes thats what it says, lol); DEC VALUE.
Sky gave the codes we need,
for Disc Change 1: we change ADDR from 0x00000000 to 0x01651820; Hex VAL0E from 0x00000000 to 0x00000001; DEC VALUE from 0x00000000 to 0x00000001
for Disc Change 2: we change ADDR from 0x00000000 to 0x01651820; Hex VAL0E from 0x00000000 to 0x00000002; DEC VALUE from 0x00000000 to 0x00000002.
The Code sky gave us (and the one u should add when u edit the database was:
0x01651820 0x00000001 (Disc 1)
0x01651820 0x00000002 (Disc 2).

If u can't get it done with this, I can Upload the cheat database I have made.
To activate the cheat u have to "Enable Cheats" in rootmanue of CWcheat as well as in "select cheats" (Y).
To trigger the cheats u have to load a game state of Disc two or go to History or options (just go back afterwards).

Reactions: coredecepts

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uploaded the tool that will allow to extract and reinsert the merged ISO, allowing to edit the images in between ;)

Time to start working on text extraction.

~Sky

Reactions: joegoku

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U have to manualy add (had to research myself xD)
I added it with editor.
How to edit CWCheat
The Musik is horrible but the tut is ok

The basic is, u add the Game and the cheats. Now if u open cw cheat u will see ur two cheats. What happened to me was, I had to manualy rework the cheatcode (I don't know why he didn't take it as I made them in the editor file)
To do so, go into CWCheat (Press select for 3 secs) press X right away (Select Cheats). There should be ur two values u added like in the tutorial (for me I named it Change Disc 1 and Change Disc 2). Now u have 4 Options X = activate/disable; [] = modify value; SELECT = save Database; O = Return. We need [] here. Now u see three values: Addr; Hex VAL0E (yes thats what it says, lol); DEC VALUE.
Sky gave the codes we need,
for Disc Change 1: we change ADDR from 0x00000000 to 0x01651820; Hex VAL0E from 0x00000000 to 0x00000001; DEC VALUE from 0x00000000 to 0x00000001
for Disc Change 2: we change ADDR from 0x00000000 to 0x01651820; Hex VAL0E from 0x00000000 to 0x00000002; DEC VALUE from 0x00000000 to 0x00000002.
The Code sky gave us (and the one u should add when u edit the database was:
0x01651820 0x00000001 (Disc 1)
0x01651820 0x00000002 (Disc 2).

If u can't get it done with this, I can Upload the cheat database I have made.
To activate the cheat u have to "Enable Cheats" in rootmanue of CWcheat as well as in "select cheats" (Y).
To trigger the cheats u have to load a game state of Disc two or go to History or options (just go back afterwards).

Thank you! I'll give this a try later today.

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having problems getting CWCheat to recognize my codes, i rewrote all the digits added the game name and the ID and its not reading them, just a blank slate.
this is the code layout am i doing something wrong? i got the Game iD through Cwcheat
_S NPJH-50443
_G Final Fantasy Type-0
_C0 Insert Disc 1
_L 0x01651820 0x00000001
_C0 Insert Disc 2
_L 0x01651820 0x00000002

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is how I got it (of course, working alright xD)

Code:
_S NPJH-50443
_G FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 [JP]
_C0 Insert UMD 1
_L 0x01651820 0x00000001
_C0 Insert UMD 2
_L 0x01651820 0x00000002

Also, I'm ready to create the text extraction tool, All I need is the font in TXT format (yeah, I I've just finished coding a decoder for the infamous custom text encoding). I'm doing my tests with the first COM messages and it seems I'm perfectly getting all the positions in the font alright, even for kanjis, so yeah, it would be a matter of replacing those font position, each one for the correct character in a text document.

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or did you guys start doing small beta tests?

At any rate glad to see the translation is going smoothly and it's not getting
unwanted attention, Good luck for you guys!

BTW, I swaped a model from dissidia into Type 0, It was a disater I tell you... working
but a total mess xD...

This also makes me remember the VC3 Project which recently got an update.

Faalini

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi all~ Just found your project here and really appreciate your work =) Im not much of a programmer or fluent in Japanese so im not able to help you guys, but as a longtime Type-0 fan i would have a few suggestions when it comes to the programming. Lately i been using few game changing TempAR cheats to make the game experience even better. Here are few changes i been using:

- Break dmg limit(from 9999 to 99999).
-Better camera handling(can actually zoom into character and things).
-Enable to use technique and magic commands in defense command slot(enables better character customization).
- Able to use l'Cie forms in normal walkthrough, not just in mission mode.
-Able to buy summer outfits(those are not possible to get in the actual game)

This is the site to find all those cheats and many other --> http://inflames.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-733.html
Use google translate to navigate if needed =)

This post is directed to SkyBladeCloud since he is your programmer. I dont know if these changes would be possible to put in the game but i have heard that he is a great coder :P

Im at the momet busy with work but i will later post info about how those certain cheats make the gameplay experience much richer and whole game "bigger".

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be trivial to allow use of the summer outfits by default. I'd like to hear your input on the rest of the cheats.

mysticdistance

Fan Translator
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I join this project please? I have been translating other PSP games and would like to be a translator for this project. I have been following this project since the thread started. And also, Sky, I have your PMF extractor :3 No wonder your name is so familiar.

Please email me at [email protected] (since I have a phone which sends notifications)

I would like to know how to edit an ATELYP file and rebuild a test ISO for this game. My translation skills are pretty good as I am taking Japanese courses.

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or did you guys start doing small beta tests?

At any rate glad to see the translation is going smoothly and it's not getting
unwanted attention, Good luck for you guys!

BTW, I swaped a model from dissidia into Type 0, It was a disater I tell you... working
but a total mess xD...

This also makes me remember the VC3 Project which recently got an update.
no beta tests, were just getting out Type-0 files merged. which the files are released on his blog

*edit*and WTF its still not working, im using CwCheat 0.2.3
ill just try the one that was uploaded
*edit2* still not working WTF, im on 6.60 Pro C
-Grrrrr
*Edit3* even tried an untouched Iso of UMD1, not working still. why must i be screwed

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
should work
but here try this one cwcheat
I don't know how it was for Pro c but on my CFW there is under select an option to disable plugins. Look if this is there. CWCHEAT can be used after the Opening-Sequenz and by pressing select for 3 secs. Don't know how to help u otherwise. just write what happens (or what is not happening). Does it work with other games? Is the plugin active? etc. Just recheck. The pops.txt isn't important here just the game.txt in the seplugin folder. if nothing helps disable all other plugins. Nothing else comes to mind right now but it should work with ur FW.

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is actually the same prx im using, and still no go
guess im sad, ive never had this problem before with my psp( had it for 7 years hacked)so i defiantly know my way around problems like this, but shit there isnt a reason for cwcheat to not recognize the codes

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess im sad, ive never had this problem before with my psp( had it for 7 years hacked)so i defiantly know my way around problems like this, but shit there isnt a reason for cwcheat to not recognize the codes

Double check that your CFW works properly with CW Cheat. I know I've had issues with it in the past.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is your CWCHEAT folder in a folder called SE Plugins? And how is it set up, the cheat.db that is?

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i used TempAR and i have been using because i had the same problem with CWcheats on another game and this one

when i checked on TempAR the cheat have no code so i had to edit it using tempAR and i worked

jordyboardy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

Just signed up to let everyone working on this project know that I really appreciate all your work!
I have succesfully merged the UMD's and edited the cwcheat database and I can confirm it works.

I hope to enjoy this awesome game in english someday!

ps I can confirm the cwcheat database uploaded by joegoku on this page works.
So if you have trouble with the cwcheat part, try using his database and see if that's the problem or something else.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dd6bbef25afc09ef&id=DD6BBEF25AFC09EF!312&authkey=!AMy8zwQU7D80Iqw
All credit of course go to joegoku for uploading the database. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3