Gaming Final Fantasy Tactics A2

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akamai said:
Ready to clock about another 100 hours on this one, just like on FFTA. Won't throw any quest items away either (I threw away one in FFTA and it killed my chances for getting the judge missions).

You will probably clock more hours than that because the battles seem slower than they used to be, and that is saying a lot

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played the patched FFTA2 (thanks deufeufeu) and loved it, but once I heard there was a localization coming so soon I decided to put it down and wait instead of spoiling anything else
tongue.gif

So I can't wait for this and the 'demo' of it that I played sure made it clear that I;m going to enjoy this as much as FFTA

Nihsnek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
abaddon41_80 said:
Akamai said:
Ready to clock about another 100 hours on this one, just like on FFTA. Won't throw any quest items away either (I threw away one in FFTA and it killed my chances for getting the judge missions).

You will probably clock more hours than that because the battles seem slower than they used to be, and that is saying a lot

Oh god...please no.

FFIII seemed horrid slow as it was...

I don't want to wait 4 minutes for one damn character to attack.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I just wish they'd ditch the law system. I'm not sure if it's in FFTA2, but I know it was essentially pointless in FFTA. Sure, you can't use certain types of attacks/abilities... but why? It was more of an annoyance than anything else.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The law system has been revamped.
Instead of 'you lose' if you break the law, particularly with your main character, now if you finish the battle without breaking the 1 law for that day, you get a bonus and if you break the law all you lose is the ability to revive characters for the rest of that battle, no other penalties.

Personally I like it better.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Instead of 'you lose' if you break the law, particularly with your main character, now if you finish the battle without breaking the 1 law for that day, you get a bonus and if you break the law all you lose is the ability to revive characters for the rest of that battle, no other penalties.

That sounds better already. Seeing as how, in the old system, following the laws did nothing for you. I always got hit by the weird laws, like copycat, or certain weapons that I'd forget I had equipped. Having to sit those characters out for multiple battles always sucks.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Gawd dammit, FFT sure is harder than FFTA ever was >< I mean what does the game think really - that I should have super soldiers only five battles into the game that are fully equipped from the bottom-up?? For the love of God, two of them are still at lvl 1, my squad is really poor, and it's almost impossible to level them all up evenly when I'm up against an army of iron soldiers (hit hard, lots of HP) in every bloody battle and need to spend most of my hard earned gold on potions!

I really, really miss being able to sparr to level up my characters by pitting them against each other...

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dj_biscuit said:
I always hated about those laws from ftta is that sometimes the other team could just break laws without getting a penalty or red card (no not the ones with those special ribbons)
I've heard that in this one, if the other team breaks the law, you get penalized as if you broke it, not them. Seriously. (Granted, the penalties are much less harsh, as other posts have noted.)

Dunno if I believe it, but that's what I've heard.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ConraDargo said:
Gawd dammit, FFT sure is harder than FFTA ever was >< I mean what does the game think really - that I should have super soldiers only five battles into the game that are fully equipped from the bottom-up?? For the love of God, two of them are still at lvl 1, my squad is really poor, and it's almost impossible to level them all up evenly when I'm up against an army of iron soldiers (hit hard, lots of HP) in every bloody battle and need to spend most of my hard earned gold on potions!

I really, really miss being able to sparr to level up my characters by pitting them against each other...

Dare I ask what game are you complaining at? Is it Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, since I remember FFT can give you cp(or something else, apparently I forgot) by hitting your ally

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its easy to level your party in FFT by leaving one enemy alive and making sure none of your characters are NPC's or have counter. As long as that one enemy cant decimate your entire team and you have some healing available you can spend as much time as you want...

Anticipating the new FFTA I played Advance over and now i'm into my first playthrough of WOTL on psp. I must say the retranslation really rocks, and so do the new cutscenes. The game is really classy and beautiful, much more than I remember the broken english and vague storyline on the psx. What i dont get however is the lag you get when anything other than a normal Attack is used.. I played the original FFT on the psp with popstation and that lag simply doesnt exist. Putting the UMD/ISO cpu speed to 333 doesnt even budge it... I just got into chapter 2 and the lag doesnt bother me one bit anymore so it's all good.

Hopefully I'll be somewhere near the end of it when FFTA2 comes out. I really loved the first one but it's one of those games I say I love to hate it, because of the awful vomit inducing music and the forced companionship of the stupid moogle... I'm sorry but those two things there *almost* ruined the game for me, it's depth and volume of stuff to do saved it. All this being said there isn't much I've read about FFTA2 that doesn't get me pumped and excited to finally play it!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Damn, must be fun to play War of The Lions, I want to play it, but I can't afford a PSP
frown.gif

Although FFT is epic, it has no signs of sequel or prequel, for all of its story has been uncovered in the game, no mystery left for other titles, FFTA takes another time, so it's practically a different one sigh, I really hope they can make some special edition of FFT for NDS, like War of The Lions for PSP, it has cutscenes! Damn, I wanna see one!
frown.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
camx said:
Yeah its easy to level your party in FFT by leaving one enemy alive and making sure none of your characters are NPC's or have counter. As long as that one enemy cant decimate your entire team and you have some healing available you can spend as much time as you want...

Anticipating the new FFTA I played Advance over and now i'm into my first playthrough of WOTL on psp. I must say the retranslation really rocks, and so do the new cutscenes. The game is really classy and beautiful, much more than I remember the broken english and vague storyline on the psx. What i dont get however is the lag you get when anything other than a normal Attack is used.. I played the original FFT on the psp with popstation and that lag simply doesnt exist. Putting the UMD/ISO cpu speed to 333 doesnt even budge it... I just got into chapter 2 and the lag doesnt bother me one bit anymore so it's all good.

Hopefully I'll be somewhere near the end of it when FFTA2 comes out. I really loved the first one but it's one of those games I say I love to hate it, because of the awful vomit inducing music and the forced companionship of the stupid moogle... I'm sorry but those two things there *almost* ruined the game for me, it's depth and volume of stuff to do saved it. All this being said there isn't much I've read about FFTA2 that doesn't get me pumped and excited to finally play it!

Clears up a lot of things the original didn't do - Love the Olde English voice acting too
smile.gif

hellklown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hellklowndumpster.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
PuyoDead said:
Leamonde.Halcyon said:

That sounds better already. Seeing as how, in the old system, following the laws did nothing for you. I always got hit by the weird laws, like copycat, or certain weapons that I'd forget I had equipped. Having to sit those characters out for multiple battles always sucks.
Yup, sounds more rewarding to get some bonuses instead of just JP like the first FFTA. Hope the new laws are not as restricting as before like blocking Attack or Magic...

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Raestloz said:
ConraDargo said:

Dare I ask what game are you complaining at? Is it Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, since I remember FFT can give you cp(or something else, apparently I forgot) by hitting your ally
camx said:
That's something that I would call unfair/cheap play and I don't that...

QUOTE(Raestloz @ Jun 14 2008, 07:07 PM)
Damn, must be fun to play War of The Lions, I want to play it, but I can't afford a PSP
frown.gif
Yeah I'm really enjoying myself here (despite the IMO somewhat steep difficulty)!
biggrin.gif
The new cut scenes are awesome - beautifully drawn and animated, and I also find the story to be great so far and all the characters feel very much alive. I'm really happy about this remake since FFT is such a good series, so being able to play this classic on my PSP is just great
smile.gif

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got out my old ps1 and started playing the original FFT for the first time. I must say, it is freakin awesome. Much better story than the others.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back and have been playing FFTA on GBA, and I had forgotten what a good game it is. It still holds up very well today. Makes me look forward to the sequel even more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F