Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series coming to Switch and PS4 on April 19

final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-cjx9496cw.jpg

Originally released on PC and mobile last year, the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series will be coming to Switch and PlayStation 4 on April 19, 2023. Available for individual purchase or as a bundle, this series brings the six NES and SNES Final Fantasy titles to modern platforms with new pixel art designed for HD monitors. The console release will have the same features as last year's release; namely, the updated pixel art, as well as several optional enhancements, like a new orchestral soundtrack, a different font, the ability to turn off random encounters and EXP multipliers.

While pre-orders aren't yet available for the PlayStation 4, the pre-orders on the Nintendo eShop show that the console release will maintain the same controversial price point as the PC release. Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II are $11.99 USD, while the other four will be $17.99 USD each. The bundle for all six games will cost $74.99 USD.

:arrow: Source

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious to see how this turns out. The pc version is so awful. I installed the text patch but the game still stutters when you're walking through the world, even after installing a patch meant to resolve the issue (something to do with the movement speed and increased resolution causes it) and forcing vsync it still looks awful. It looks like there's a gross amount of screen tearing during movement. Yuck.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Squenix, you crazy!
I'd consider them if it were two fairly priced bundles; 1, 2 & 3 for 9.99, and 4, 5 & 6 for 14.99... but those prices are bonkers for games I already own and can play (arguably better versions in some cases) on other systems.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty amusing how this came/is coming to ios, Android, PC, Switch, PS4/5, and even Amazon Fire. But not Xbox. lol
If Stadia was still around, it'd probably come to that too.

Reactions: SilverLobster

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're charging $75 for mobile ports ported to console...? $75 for some "remastered" NES and SNES games??? seriously?

Why can't Square Enix and the rest of the video game industry just die already?

Ducolamia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious to see how this turns out. The pc version is so awful. I installed the text patch but the game still stutters when you're walking through the world, even after installing a patch meant to resolve the issue (something to do with the movement speed and increased resolution causes it) and forcing vsync it still looks awful. It looks like there's a gross amount of screen tearing during movement. Yuck.

The PC version really was the beta version. LMAO. So glad I just stuck to emulating the PSP/DS ports

I wouldn't mind this remaster if it had the PSP content with the QoL additions, but it doesn't....and it's for $70+ USD with tax and shipping? Hard pass.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess, the cartridge will have game 1, and the other 5 will be download codes. :rolleyes:

So, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 Pixel Remaster when?
Those have already been done on Switch. This collection brings the final missing FF games to the system, so we can have all FF games up to XII (Thus far, the many XIII games are doable, if they put effort into them.)

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel it is overpriced. I mean a 40€/$ (35Pound) price for all of them would be acceptable. I will just pick them up overtime on sale, Square Enix is always putting games on sale. I mean DQI DQ2 DQ3 are very affordable on sale.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got the games as seperate individual channels, but I was wondering if there was also a bundle version combining all 6 games into a single channel ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1