Gaming Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slayerdx said:
so wait.. can some one expalin to me how the rom is already downloadable when the game hasn't been released?
It's not a rom it's a iso, and it's been leaked early. That sometimes happens.

slayerdx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
slayerdx said:
so wait.. can some one expalin to me how the rom is already downloadable when the game hasn't been released?
It's not a rom it's a iso, and it's been leaked early. That's sometimes happens.

ahh cool thanks. I use to own a DS and it was rare for content to be downloadable prior to their release date.

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forward to this one. Never beat the DS Version, for it was too hard.
Still downloading, woke up late.
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

Nice! I was looking forward to this. Never played (any version of) it before.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
slayerdx said:
It's not a rom it's a iso, and it's been leaked early. That sometimes happens.
And it's the Japanese version, yet apparently it has an English mode.

Looking at the screenshots, the font face is hideous. I have no idea what would compel them to settle on that. But I've been looking forward to this because I've never passed an opportunity to replay FF4.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slayerdx said:
Duskye said:
slayerdx said:
It's not a rom it's a iso, and it's been leaked early. That's sometimes happens.

ahh cool thanks. I use to own a DS and it was rare for content to be downloadable prior to their release date.

It's not that rare, some big name titles get leaked like a week before their release date.

Game shops just get the game before the street date of release and keep them in stock until they're to be sold. Sometimes someone will get a copy of the game (whether it be the store selling copies early or an employee taking a copy for themselves) and leak it online. Something like that.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the save very slow for anybody else? I've never seen it take so long on a game that didn't have to dump entire megabytes of data.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ars25 said:
srry for this quiestion but why is it complete does it have the after years?
both, and they have both been remastered for the psp (expect something just like the FF anniversary)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's because there isn't one. That's why you must leap ten years into the future and bring one back to us. I would ask you to hurry but with the whole space-time-continuum thing I guess you could be back before I even posted this. So I suppose we should be asking you where did you put the emulator? Why won't you tell us? Why do you have to be such a jerk?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
That's because there isn't one. That's why you must leap ten years into the future and bring one back to us. I would ask you to hurry but with the whole space-time-continuum thing I guess you could be back before I even posted this. So I suppose we should be asking you where did you put the emulator? Why won't you tell us? Why do you have to be such a jerk?

They are PSP emulators for the PSP but most of them hardly work. You're better off getting a PSP and playing your games on that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
They are PSP emulators for the PSP but most of them hardly work. You're better off getting a PSP and playing your games on that.

Best emulation typo ever. Quick, build me an emulator to run on the system i have to emulate that self-same system. AND MAKE IT SNAPPY!
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Best emulation typo ever. Quick, build me an emulator to run on the system i have to emulate that self-same system. AND MAKE IT SNAPPY!
tongue.gif

It wasn't a typo, I'm saying you're better off getting a PSP to play PSP games on it.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He was pointing out that you wrote 'they (sic) are PSP emulators for the PSP...'

And I'm aware of the Java one that actually looks pretty impressive for right now, but we all know that it typically takes years to emulate a system--well past its prime*. There is no point inquiring about it now or next year or even the one after that.

*The DS--of course--was an exception because it was based from the GBA.

D

Deleted User

I can only find the BAHAMUT release, strange. Is this an exact dupe or could it be that it's also a bad dump? I'm asking because the intro video to Final Fantasy IV won't play (if you select 'Gallery Mode' -> 'Final Fantasy IV Opening Movie'). I'm running 5.50 Prome-4 on a PSP 2000.

dib said:
Is the save very slow for anybody else? I've never seen it take so long on a game that didn't have to dump entire megabytes of data.
It's kind of slow for me too. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's noticeable.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Takeshi said:
I can only find the BAHAMUT release, strange. Is this an exact dupe or could it be that it's also a bad dump? I'm asking because the intro video to Final Fantasy IV won't play (if you select 'Gallery Mode' -> 'Final Fantasy IV Opening Movie'). I'm running 5.50 Prome-4 on a PSP 2000.

dib said:
It's kind of slow for me too. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's noticeable.
Really? It plays fine for me, what does not however is the FFIVTAY Opening which freezes half way through ):. And I'm running 5.50 Prome-4 on a PSP 2000 with the Bahamut dump too.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPCSP is actually coming along extremely well. It plays a surprising number of games nearly perfectly. FF1 and FF2 work perfectly and fullspeed for me on a decent laptop. Only issue is that the music cuts out after one track (starts over after a new track begins). Can't seem to get FF4 working on it, but it may be the iso or something. Too early to tell. PSP emulators are certainly getting good though. The progress they've made during the last 6 months is astounding. Even graphically heavy games like God of War and Kingdom Hearts are working somewhat well.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Playing this on 5.00 M33-6 + Prometheus4. Remember to Patch the file with ISOTool folks.

The game is gorgeous, the remastered audio is nice (and included original audio? SWEET!), and the battle system is quick, but not overwhelming. This is a great remake!

I wonder if the bonus dungeon content from the GBA game is in here or not. I'm betting on no, but meh. If it's not, it's not.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sir VG said:
Playing this on 5.00 M33-6 + Prometheus4. Remember to Patch the file with ISOTool folks.

The game is gorgeous, the remastered audio is nice (and included original audio? SWEET!), and the battle system is quick, but not overwhelming. This is a great remake!

I wonder if the bonus dungeon content from the GBA game is in here or not. I'm betting on no, but meh. If it's not, it's not.
I love the remastered audio too! What I love the most actually is that you can create a playlist within the game and then listen to it.
The next time I go to the metro or something like that, I'm so making a playlist that has the Theme of Love in it
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna...