Gaming final fantasy 7 on psn in japan those lucky bastards!

progaor06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup its true and i foind out they never got ruby weapon etc in there version meaning our version here was better then theres in japan.
well now they get ruby weapon in this version in japan.

if only someone could multi-region this game i be happy but it impossible to do.

The Japanese PSN's ridiculous superiority has been demonstrated once again, as it's become known that Final Fantasy VII is now available for download. The classic RPG has been desired by many in downloadable form, myself included, but you'll need to cough up some Yen if you want it on your PS3 or PSP.

The PSOne Classics area is my favorite part of the PlayStation Store, but the variety of downloads are woefully pitiful considering the PlayStation's vast library of classic games. This is made even worse when you see how stocked the Japanese Store is. Come on Sony, get your act together. No good reason has been provided for the huge gap between our Store and the Japanese one.

I want my Final Fantasy VII now!

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Getting a Japanese account means that game will be in Japanese, so bad idea.
2. There are already plenty of eboots made for this game, which have been out for a LONG time.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eric_4_life said:
1. Getting a Japanese account means that game will be in Japanese, so bad idea.
2. There are already plenty of eboots made for this game, which have been out for a LONG time.
3. FF VII is a terrible game, so it's not worth the time, money and data space.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow didn't take long for someone to talk some truth about the game, and about how to get it too if you have a tolerance/love for it. I sympathesize with so many who cut their teeth on that mediocrity as some never will look back and see it went downhill.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF7 is shockingly overrated and overhyped, but calling it a terrible game is like saying Zelda OOT or Mario 3 is terrible. Just because you don't buy into the hype of a game doesn't mean it's bad. I sympathize that it's grossly overrated and doesn't deserve all the hype, but it's not a bad game by far. If so many gamers (a majority) love a game enough to call it the best ever, it's at least good.

I think GTA is overrated and I didn't enjoy it. Doesn't mean it's a bad game. Just doesn't fit my style. That's the gist of overrated games.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
FF7 is shockingly overrated and overhyped,

It is overrated to a certain extent, but was still a FANTASTIC game

people who hate on it, are retards

is it the best FF? no

is it still better than 99% of the other RPG's out there? yes

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always LOL at all the FF VII hate. When it first came out it was revolutionary. Heck, even my friends who hate RPGs absolutely loved it when it came out. Also amusing is how the game can't be mentioned w/o turning it into "my FF is better than yours" arguments.

Currently replaying it on a PSP, and the smaller screen makes it look quite nice for some reason. Personally it holds up quite well today, especially the backgrounds, storyline, summons, and amazing soundtrack. But maybe it's because I was just starting freshman year when it came out, so it holds some nostalgic meaning to me now.

But seriously, when the HELL is Sony going to actually add PS1 games to the PSN store?! Looking at the US vs JP list makes me want to cry.
mad.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the thing with PSN is the same problem with Wii VC. Square Enix games were previously not released much on VC due to apparent problems getting the rights for the games. Now they are putting all the NES and some SNES on the VC, I guess the same is happening to PSN.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kefka was here.
Sephiroth sucks.

I'll play it later, and decide for myself. Something with massive amounts of fangirls usually isn't a very good thing for a reason. And its soundtrack is decent, not great.

But for now, I'm too busy playing Persona, and enjoying the hell out of it, unlike all the FF games I've played so far, except FF12.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
I always LOL at all the FF VII hate. When it first came out it was revolutionary. Heck, even my friends who hate RPGs absolutely loved it when it came out. Also amusing is how the game can't be mentioned w/o turning it into "my FF is better than yours" arguments.

Currently replaying it on a PSP, and the smaller screen makes it look quite nice for some reason. Personally it holds up quite well today, especially the backgrounds, storyline, summons, and amazing soundtrack. But maybe it's because I was just starting freshman year when it came out, so it holds some nostalgic meaning to me now.

But seriously, when the HELL is Sony going to actually add PS1 games to the PSN store?! Looking at the US vs JP list makes me want to cry.
mad.gif

The smaller screen makes it look better because you can't really see all the awful textures and such.

Sure, it was revolutionary at the time, but I completely disagree that it holds up. It has aged sooooo poorly. Much more poorly than even OoT has. Yes, the sound track is great, but that's because it's Nobuo Uematsu. Anybody who didn't play the game when it was on the PS1 would not enjoy it in the slightest. The summons are crap compared to IX and the backgrounds are just pre-rendered pictures, every game that uses pre-rendered backgrounds look nice like that. Watch the CG scenes and look at the 3D models, it's absolutely awful. FFIV on the DS has better CG scenes than VII. The story line is really basic RPG fair with the villain being a whiny mama's boy who can't do a goddamn thing right. The only thing about VII that's any good now is the Materia system (which was a blast).

And the argument about people who play it first being the biggest fan is complete crap. FFVII was my first FF, yet I'm still capable of seeing the truth about the game and appreciate the true greatness in the series.

If you really have a problem with the PSN, why not just convert your own PS1 ISOs? They aren't difficult to find and the conversion process doesn't take very long at all. You can also compress your images by quite a bit.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
Kefka was here.
Sephiroth sucks.

I'll play it later, and decide for myself. Something with massive amounts of fangirls usually isn't a very good thing for a reason. And its soundtrack is decent, not great.

But for now, I'm too busy playing Persona, and enjoying the hell out of it, unlike all the FF games I've played so far, except FF12.

Are you kidding? FF12 is the only one you liked???? Have you even played any of the other ones (beside 11)???

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tropicana said:
Kefka was here.
Sephiroth sucks.

Well duh.

Balthier(because we all know he's the real leading man) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cloud PLUS Zack x

and

Gabranth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seph to the power of 20

QUOTE said:
The summons are crap compared to IX and the backgrounds are just pre-rendered pictures, every game that uses pre-rendered backgrounds look nice like that.

You can't even compare VII to IX man.

FFIV on the DS has better CG scenes than VII.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Beware said:
Tropicana said:
Kefka was here.
Sephiroth sucks.

Are you kidding? FF12 is the only one you liked???? Have you even played any of the other ones (beside 11)???

3, 4, 10, and 12 so far. I'll be playing every single FF game besides 11 when I get my pandora battery, Yes, I've only played 4 so far, but to be honest, the only reason why I like 12 so much is because of the fact that it's not RANDOM ENCOUNTERS, and it's free roaming. I hate Vaan, but the gameplay won me over.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mei-o said:
Tropicana said:
Kefka was here.
Sephiroth sucks.

Well duh.

Balthier(because we all know he's the real leading man) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cloud PLUS Zack x

and

And Kefka kicks the shit out of all of them.
biggrin.gif
Name another villian who tries to destroy the world just for laughs then SUCCEEDS and becomes supreme overlord of whatever is still left!
happy.gif

Posts merged

Tropicana said:
Beware said:
QUOTE(Tropicana @ Apr 21 2009, 10:03 PM)
Kefka was here.
Sephiroth sucks.

3, 4, 10, and 12 so far. I'll be playing every single FF game besides 11 when I get my pandora battery, Yes, I've only played 4 so far, but to be honest, the only reason why I like 12 so much is because of the fact that it's not RANDOM ENCOUNTERS, and it's free roaming. I hate Vaan, but the gameplay won me over.

Yeah, I haven't played 12 as much as I would like, but the gameplay is supposed to be a lot better for those of you who don't care for standard RPG fair. Seriously though, play VI, it has the best story by a long shot.

EDIT: @Mei-o

Why can't I compare VII to IX? They are both RPGs from the same series, the only real difference is IX is superior in nearly every way.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beware said:
Mei-o said:
Well duh.

and

And Kefka kicks the shit out of all of them.
biggrin.gif
Name another villian who tries to destroy the world just for laughs then SUCCEEDS and becomes supreme overlord of whatever is still left!
happy.gif

He's bad in Dissidia though, Kuja still gets points for being the bravest, can YOU run around the world wearing that?? That and he can kick so much ass than Seph could ever hope to(even if he dresses that way), and he's so pwnage in Dissidia.

EDIT: @Mei-o

Why can't I compare VII to IX? They are both RPGs from the same series, the only real difference is IX is superior in nearly every way.
Exactly.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beware said:
Really? Kefka sucks in Dissidia?!?! That's just ridiculous!
He takes forever to cast, his 'unpredictable' moves are actually REALLY predictable, going into EX with improved magic helps but you don't really go into EX every so often, as much as I want to be good at him, it just won't work, heck, I'm even better with that 'failure' everyone calls Exdeath(who is actually invincible when in the right hands and is a blast to play against aggressive players).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to