Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RoniPunk said:
I am on firmware v1.4.1 and have Sudokuhax 1.1 but I can not get any homebrew to run. Why?

boot.nds , right?

you must first copy the sudoku game from the NAND to the sd card, then copy it off the sd card to your computer. run it through the dsiwarehax which will patch the sudoku game with the exploitable code. you should make sure you keep a back up of the original file. copy the file back to the sd. put on the homebrew menu and name it boot.nds. then put some dsi-mode homebrew onto the sd card as well. put the sd card back into the dsi, power it up, and copy the exploited game back into NAND. launch the game and then it will run the homebrew menu. use the HB menu to select what .nds homebrew you want to use.

the file on your sd card will either be called 4B344445 or 4B344456

this is the file you want: http://bootmii.org/dsiexploits/downloads/
this is homebrew memu: http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Homebrew_Menu

1. Export the target DSiWare to SD card via the data management menu. See the below instructions for the list of target DSiWare.
2. The exploit will then be injected into the DSiWare application via client software. See the below client software usage instructions. The client software uploads DSi-specific data from the DSiWare application to a web server, then injects the retrieved data into the DSiWare application.
3. Copy the output binary to SD card with the same filename as the original.
4. Copy the exploit from SD card to ``internal memory'' via the data management menu.
5. See the below link for this step.
6. Now boot.nds on SD card will be run.

assuming you did all that then i have no idea what your problem is.

-another world

IDaNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have one of the games and i spared 300 points for buying a game but my dsi is running on 1.4.2E so...
cry.gif

Z

Zorua

AlanJohn said:
Why can't they make an exploit to use with the DS browser or flipnote studio?
Because they haven't discovered any security flaws in them YET.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
RoniPunk said:
I am on firmware v1.4.1 and have Sudokuhax 1.1 but I can not get any homebrew to run. Why?

boot.nds , right?

you must first copy the sudoku game from the NAND to the sd card, then copy it off the sd card to your computer. run it through the dsiwarehax which will patch the sudoku game with the exploitable code. you should make sure you keep a back up of the original file. copy the file back to the sd. put on the homebrew menu and name it boot.nds. then put some dsi-mode homebrew onto the sd card as well. put the sd card back into the dsi, power it up, and copy the exploited game back into NAND. launch the game and then it will run the homebrew menu. use the HB menu to select what .nds homebrew you want to use.

the file on your sd card will either be called 4B344445 or 4B344456

this is the file you want: http://bootmii.org/dsiexploits/downloads/
this is homebrew memu: http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Homebrew_Menu

1. Export the target DSiWare to SD card via the data management menu. See the below instructions for the list of target DSiWare.
2. The exploit will then be injected into the DSiWare application via client software. See the below client software usage instructions. The client software uploads DSi-specific data from the DSiWare application to a web server, then injects the retrieved data into the DSiWare application.
3. Copy the output binary to SD card with the same filename as the original.
4. Copy the exploit from SD card to ``internal memory'' via the data management menu.
5. See the below link for this step.
6. Now boot.nds on SD card will be run.

assuming you did all that then i have no idea what your problem is.

-another world

Yeah I have the DSiwarehex already on my DSi. I just couldn't get a homebrew to run error reading .NDS file.
I'll try to figure out the homebrew menu.
I didn't know about the homebrew menu.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not going to pirate anything, because I'm on 1.4.3 and I don't have any of theese games, but if the bootable file is ".nds" can you play retail games thru' the hack?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lismati said:
I'm not going to pirate anything, because I'm on 1.4.3 and I don't have any of theese games, but if the bootable file is ".nds" can you play retail games thru' the hack?
if you're one 1.4.3 and do NOT have the games mentioned on your internal memory..then you're fucked. simple as that

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on 1.4....does any body believe that???i just havent felt the need to upgrade...i will when the free zelda comes out though....i will also need to upgrade my acekard...i almost bought one of the games noted in this...sadly i changed my mind...

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
lismati said:

Homebrew only. You don't seriously think they would give you a r0m loader as wel as an exploit do you?

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there is not a DS launcher I have the moonshell2 kinda working...some games the touch screen is not working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm late for the bbq sauce discussion and I have opinions
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sweet Baby Rays is like baseline for a decent/good bbq sauce, but nothing outright incredible
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Stubbs is a pretty damn good sauce that I think you'll find on most grocery shelves as I don't think it's regional
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This shit though
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all...