Final DSiWareHax

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had sudokuhax since day 1 and the limited usability of it just has me using my flashcart for homebrew instead.
Sadly, the release of the 3ds killed any possibility of a dsi homebrew scene and we will never know what yasu did way back when :/

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?!? No more DSiWareHax? There goes my hope.
ohnoes.png

EDIT: This was posted on his (Yasu's) blog yesterday.

QUOTE said:
???????? [2011/08/24 23:44:02]

????????????????????????(´???`)????
?????PS3?SH-12C?Nintendo 3DS(??\13480???)???? ????
SH-12C?temp root??????fre3vo?exploit?????ro.secure???
??????init?????????????permanent root???????
????b-mobile???Edy?Suica?????Fair?Wi-Fi????????
TOEIC??775L420R355
???…????????????????????orz
???????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????…??????
???????????????????????

ohmy.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
What?!? No more DSiWareHax? There goes my hope.
ohnoes.png

EDIT: This was posted on his (Yasu's) blog yesterday.

QUOTE said:
???????? [2011/08/24 23:44:02]

????????????????????????(´???`)????
?????PS3?SH-12C?Nintendo 3DS(??\13480???)???? ????
SH-12C?temp root??????fre3vo?exploit?????ro.secure???
??????init?????????????permanent root???????
????b-mobile???Edy?Suica?????Fair?Wi-Fi????????
TOEIC??775L420R355
???…????????????????????orz
???????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????…??????
???????????????????????

ohmy.gif

Yeah...uh...most of us can't read that.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Google translation if it helps any.

QUOTE said:
Bli Bli Ichinen [2011/08/24 23:44:02]

Less than one year is totally write a diary. Also tooth pulled ('? ? ? `) Correction ??
Note splurge: PS3, SH-12C, Nintendo 3DS (Yes ambassador \ 13 480 used), Honda Fit
SH-balanced temp root note of the 12C: exploit the use of fre3vo. Ignore ro.secure
So that rewrites the memory of init. Now the permanent root do?
Incidentally, even b-Suica can also be used in an operational Edy mobile. Fair-saving operation in conjunction with Wi Fi.
Note TOEIC 775L420R355
... Rest in London, to Paris. Orz went to India
Oh, I do not read Jack Mon Keigo Higashino's Pocket read all, but recently the Miyuki Miyabe
Try reading that. Suteppufaza calm over. Long ... but funny copycat criminal. Usual magic.
What Miyuki Miyabe, I have a little redundant for example, a horse?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
From my reading, he is just mentioning that he has got a 3DS, amongst other things. Nothing of particular note.

It shows he's alive. Also the fact he has a 3DS may be a sign he could/possibly/maybe be working on it?
unsure.gif

I can only hope...

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Well, now I don't get this "This old protocol version is not supported, aborting." anymore, something happened now. Files get extracted, a lot of text, and I got my 4B344456.bin back.

But after copying this stuff back to NAND, and after launching it - nothing happens. It's just -- EA Sudoku.

I checked it several times if I made a mistake in copying. I think I made no mistake.

Edit: 1.4.1E & original unpatched Sudoku. Of course.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this information would have been nice before 1.4.2 was released. its a catch 22 now, you can't buy the titles without upgrading but if you upgrade you can't copy the exploit back into NAND. =/

i guess i'm happy i have 1 of the exploits working, dsi-mode homebrew is really fun. it beats having to lug around the failed ievo when i want dsi-mode.

-another world

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So can we expect the 3DS to be successfully hacked about 6 months after the release of the next generation 3DS Scratch-N-Sniff?

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And here am I, with my 1.4.1U DSi XL which I got used a few months ago. I haven't updated it so far with a tiny spark of hope that something good might happen with it.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. Only if the Nintendo shop came back with some sort of stupid bug that allowed me to download one of those games, which is not happening, I would be able to enjoy this exploit..

Well, I guess everyone else will update their DSis to 1.4.3 next month, for some free Zelda action, unless Nintendo comes up with some new wacky firmware update.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
What ticks me off the most is that in my old DSi that got water damaged beyond repair I had Guitar Rock Tour. -____- I think I'll download one of the three games to have access to the slight (very, very, slight) chance that someone will come up with a downgrade possibility.
frown.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
DroRox said:
What ticks me off the most is that in my old DSi that got water damaged beyond repair I had Guitar Rock Tour. -____- I think I'll download one of the three games to have access to the slight (very, very, slight) chance that someone will come up with a downgrade possibility.
frown.gif
No, downgrade is impossible unless sysmenu is decrypted, which is not in the near future. No more dsiwarehax.. I should have gotten exidia..

The Composer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This exploit is completely useless. Not only you need to have bad games downloaded on your system, but also be on a lower menu version.

Even then, if someone manages to fulfill both requirements, homebrew on dsi mode is pretty pointless.

The ds scene could have hacked the dsi if they really wanted, but that would mean killing the flashcard market.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The Composer said:
This exploit is completely useless.

its not useless, it is inconvenient for you because you don't have one of the exploitable files on a 1.4.1 dsi. when you do have one the exploit is extremely useful.

i'll admit that the timing of this release is rather useless but not the exploit itself.

QUOTE(The Composer @ Aug 25 2011, 07:41 PM) Even then, if someone manages to fulfill both requirements, homebrew on dsi mode is pretty pointless.

typed by someone who has obviously not tried a dsi-mode specific homebrew. the 2x cpu speed and 16MB of ram make a huge difference. it means emulation requires less tweaking to work than on the more limiting ds-mode specs. old ds-mode projects recompiled for dsi-mode already show benefits such as speed increases. this is very obvious when you try alekmaul's atari 2600 emu in both ds-mode and dsi-mode. games are extremely playable in dsi-mode where the same file runs at a much slower framerate in ds-mode. cquake also comes to mind, it is much more enjoyable in dsi-mode yet still playable in ds-mode.

the problem with dsi-mode is that it came to late. ds developers have moved on.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: