Filesonic shuts down file-sharing capabilities

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
No my roms and my music :cry: At this rate an important part of me will fade away....

I dont want to pay taxes for importing things.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would safe to assume others may decide to disappear as well, I think megaupload was a scare to get this to happen so they don't need SOPA for piracy. I'll be a big video site will be next (other than megavideo of course).

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congress needs to drop dead in their sleep and be replaced.

Why not just shut down completely. How fucking useless is that. No ones going to use them anymore.
This is slowly making older VNs and animes a real bitch to find DDLs for.

Really hope Mediafire keeps intact.
If they completely shut down, people wouldn't be able to retrieve their important files, and at least now they can still act as a sort of storage locker...

AKA...be fucking useless, lol. It'd make more sense to get a external HDD, or use any other hosting site in the off chance you might want to distribute something.
Their drop in business is going to kill them regardless, they might as well go out with cash in their pocket, as opposed to bankrupt.

They should have just given a date for their closure, so people could retrieve any important files before then.
There are tons of sites that function the same way FIlesonic currently does. Them leaving it open to retrieve files is definitely not "fucking useless"

Read my last sentence. Obviously staying open so people can retrieve their files (and subsequently upload them somewhere less shitty) is a good idea, derpderp. But staying open in that state for an extended period of time is completely retarded. Unless they're going to turn around in a month and cease the restrictions, there's simply no point staying open. The cost would very likely either outweigh their profit, or they'd break about even (which isn't a good business model).

EDIT: and yes Foxi that's what I was getting at, I suppose I could have stated that, whoops, lol.
My reply highlights the idea that many sites function this way. It's basically an online way to store YOUR files. Don't have a flash drive on hand? Upload them to FileSonic and download them at the secondary computer. Many sites work this way and it's not "fucking useless" as you would put it.

You might as well use Carbonite instead or another more reliable storage service which just does file storage in the cloud.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might as well use Carbonite instead or another more reliable storage service which just does file storage in the cloud.
I'm talking small files you need to transfer once or something you've just finished at home, but need at school. Being 2.5GB, you can't store it on your 2GB flash drive, so you need an alternative. In comes FileSonic.

Gintoki Sakata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My input to this:

Filesonic basically shuts down itself

Q: Was it the right move?
A: Yes it was.

Q: Why?
A: Because common sense says it's simply not worth it to continue with their services, risking to experience the same fate of Megaupload. Filesonic has made millions of cash, why should they risk to lose it? It's better to shut down and enjoy life with their money, isn't it?

Q: How does the future of file sharing websites looks like?
A: Not so good. In my opionion they will be either shuting down their serices as well or at least remove their affiliate program. Since uploaders can't earn money anymore with sharing files, the number of warez links will most likely experience a huge decrease. After all, why should uploaders wasting their free time with uploading warez if they won't gain anything from it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.