ROM Hack Question FF9 Save Conversion

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just got FF9 for the switch, and I was hoping to be able to move over a 30 something hour file from the steam version I'd been playing earlier.

Attempt:
I started a new game and got to the first moogle to save. I backed up the save with checkpoint and got 5 files with no extensions whatsoever. I figure what I want to replace would be "DATA_SLOT0_FILE0", which is 42KB. I found my steam save for FF9, which was in .dat format. I found a save-editing utility for the steam version that works, and was able to extract the latest save from a specific slot, which ended up being named "FF9_2016_save__slot2_file1". This file was 18KB, and the editor has no problem with this one. It cannot, however, recognize the 42KB file when I try to import it into the program. I went ahead and made a copy folder in checkpoint's data named "pc_save", then I copied over the extracted pc slot and named it "DATA_SLOT0_FILE0". Restoring this with checkpoint simply has it load endlessly, so restoring the original backup is what I had to do to fix it. So that doesn't work.

My question is, does anyone know how to get my steam save copied over onto my switch so I can continue playing there, or do we need more time/information for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!