Hacking Few questions about updating console with CFW

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
N2DSXL, CFW Luma 10.0.1 with OFW 11.5.0-38E.
I mostly want to ask about few questions , most of these are probably noob ones so i apologize in advance:
1) I know it probably won't happen but will updating OFW will delete CFW or somehow block it? IF yes, how i can restore it or is there a chance to hack newest firmware?
2) i plan to use PokeBank so i could transfer my pokemons from older games to Sword/Shield. Will that work? And if yes, here's another question - if i connect with servers , using the same ID as on Switch, will i get banned? If yes, is it ID that was banned or the console?

Thank you for patience and all the answers, i hope it isn't noobish enough

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the latest version if Luma installed then updating the official firmware should cause no issues. Maybe someone else can answer your second question.

Reactions: GravityLoL

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
If you're trying to use pokebank to transfer pokemon from gen 3 to 8, you should look into PKSM.

But, if you really need to use PokeBank, then you could in theory. I haven't seen any reports of people getting banned for using PokeBank with a CFW, unless you try hacking the service or something.

Mind you, that if your console gets an eShop ban, you get banned from using Pokemon Bank as well.

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're trying to use pokebank to transfer pokemon from gen 3 to 8, you should look into PKSM.

But, if you really need to use PokeBank, then you could in theory. I haven't seen any reports of people getting banned for using PokeBank with a CFW, unless you try hacking the service or something.

Mind you, that if your console gets an eShop ban, you get banned from using Pokemon Bank as well.

if i would have hacked switch, i wouldn't try that PokeBank Method but tbh, i'm too scared to hack my switch as for now. maybe in a year or so...

ok. gonna give it a whirl and see, gonna let you guys know if something will happen

btw, when ya mean eShop ban you talking about ban for Switch or 2DS?

Last edited by GravityLoL,

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
if i would have hacked switch, i wouldn't try that PokeBank Method but tbh, i'm too scared to hack my switch as for now. maybe in a year or so...

ok. gonna give it a whirl and see, gonna let you guys know if something will happen

btw, when ya mean eShop ban you talking about ban for Switch or 2DS?
2DS. If you have a ban on that system you won't be able to use Pokemon Bank.

If you want to be extra safe, do the next steps (taken from 3ds.hacks.guide):

1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
  2. Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
  3. Exit the System Settings
  4. Go to your Friend List (the orange Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
    • If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend List setting is either already disabled or your console cannot connect to Nintendo’s servers (due to a ban or connection issues)
  5. Go to the Friend List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
  6. Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
  7. Exit your Friend List
Again, I wouldn't worry. There have been threads about this and people have reported no issues or bans.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-bank-on-cfw.417458/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokebank-and-cfw.483718/

Last edited by AlanJohn,

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
if i would have hacked switch, i wouldn't try that method but tbh, i'm too scared to hack my switch as for now. maybe in a year or so...
2DS. If you have a ban on that system you won't be able to use Pokemon Bank.

If you want to be extra safe, do the next steps (taken from 3ds.hacks.guide):

1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
  2. Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
  3. Exit the System Settings
  4. Go to your Friend List (the orange Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
    • If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend List setting is either already disabled or your console cannot connect to Nintendo’s servers (due to a ban or connection issues)
  5. Go to the Friend List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
  6. Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
  7. Exit your Friend List
Again, I wouldn't worry. There have been threads about this and people have reported no issues or bans.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-bank-on-cfw.417458/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokebank-and-cfw.483718/

kk, gonna try it. i just encountered unexpected problem with Nintendo ID. It looks like i forgot to unlink it from my previous N3DS that i owned long time ago and that now i gave to my friend so first i must unlink my old console and link current one, then i will be able to use Pokebank, or so it looks like i think. I updated OFW, CFW and managed to get into eshop with no problems.

I think it'll be safe too , once i get that NID stuff

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
kk, gonna try it. i just encountered unexpected problem with Nintendo ID. It looks like i forgot to unlink it from my previous N3DS that i owned long time ago and that now i gave to my friend so first i must unlink my old console and link current one, then i will be able to use Pokebank, or so it looks like i think. I updated OFW, CFW and managed to get into eshop with no problems.

I think it'll be safe too , once i get that NID stuff
You will have to call Nintendo and say you no longer have the old console and get them to unlink the account for you.

Reactions: GravityLoL

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, i managed to unlink my NNID by mailing Nintendo UK ( apparently, that's where poland is signed up to....weird) and managed to transfer some pokemons to SwSh so it all worked out

Took two weeks but i managed to acomplish this. thread can be locked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!