Homebrew FCE Ultra GX 240P woes (top screen cut-off)

Denjin-Ken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
Finally decided to make an account for this very annoying problem bugging me.

The short version of my problem, is that I cannot get FCE Ultra GX to display in 240p without cutting off like 15-20% of the top of the screen.
Here's a pic I took of the problem:
P1050740.jpg

Notice at the top where "press start" is cut off?
I know it's hard to see, but there's an inch or so of display that is going unused above it.
Normally the screen is displayed even lower, but I set the video settings to shift the picture higher.
So even if the emulator can move the screen up, it still cuts off the picture.
And it isn't a problem with my monitor or my Wii.
Wii games fill up the whole screen and SNES GX doesn't have this problem.

I have tried so many combinations to get the screen to display 240p with correct position.
I either have to settle for 480i only, 240p with PAL speeds, or the aforementioned screen cutoff.

Any ideas on what I can do? Does any else have this problem on older versions?
I'm using the latest version, the Wii is connected to a Sony PVM via scart.
I already used any region changer to change my video settings to pal.
Any other details needed, let me know. And thanks for the help.

Denjin-Ken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took some time to check older versions of the emulator to see if my problem was exclusive to the latest versions.
No luck there. The oldest version I used was 3.0.0 and that version didn't even fill the screen right.
I don't see the point in going any lower from that point.

It all has to do with the original filter setting. If I use filtered or unfiltered, I get no problems whatsoever with screen position.
The moment I switch it to original, the problems prop up. Unless I switch to PAL timing, but that's not an ideal solution for me.

I just can't wrap my head around why the emulator decides to spit the image further south just because of a filter setting.
SNES9x GX works fine for 240p settings, I can't see why this emulator decides to give me problems.

PAL uses a higher resolution than NTSC and needs at least 288p, I think.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. If I set the timing settings to pal with the original filter, the picture position is fine.
If it had to do with resolution, those settings would have the same problem despite being slightly slower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...