Homebrew FBI Boot Error!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,851
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted User

OP
Hihi! So a super long time ago (Like close to 5 or 6 months ago lol) I ended up getting a cfw / hourglass / homebrew all working on my 3DS, but couldn't get FBI to work for some reason (I forget why. lol I was probs just sleepy or something, and just gave up.) But I ended up getting it on my homebrew screen, and after launching see that it gives me a critical error
Kernel Backdoor Not Installed

I'm not sure exactly what that means. =/ Can someone help? (Super duper sorry if this has been answered before!)

TLDR - When I Boot FBI I Get This Screen: Kernel Backdoor Not Installed --- How do I fix it?

OH AND P.S. My CFW Is Luma, and I use Soundhax for my Homebrew launcher. ^-^

P.P.S Would fasthax or waithax work for this problem? (i'm 11.2.0.35 U) I really don't want to have to bother with downgrading right now. x-x

Last edited by ,

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would allow FBI.3dsx to run and then afterwards disable it again ... i would recommend installing the FBI cia while running the 3dsx tho so this doesent happen again

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Okay. Um 1 more question! I actually already have a lot of these files on my SD Card. Should I just pretend as though I don't, and replace anything that the guide tells me to dl?
if you already have them, you dont have to download them

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh okay! I wasn't sure if there would be version differences with the stuff I do & don't have. Thank you all very very much for helping! I'll reply and let you guys know later if I finally get it ahaha!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay! I wasn't sure if there would be version differences with the stuff I do & don't have. Thank you all very very much for helping! I'll reply and let you guys know later if I finally get it ahaha!
Well that's exactly why you SHOULD redownload everything and replace it. Half the things you have installed probably have updates or replacements, leaving your stuff the way it is leaves yourself prone to incompatible programs and just more troubleshooting later. Always, always, always stay as updated as you can without making things worse. Always.

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh hey one more thing! I have hourglass9 instead of Godmode9 already inside of my payloads folder (in my luma folder) It's just "start_Hourglass9.bin" should I leave it there when I add the godmode9, or should I remove it?

Super duper sorry if I overlooked that somewhere haha

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Oh hey one more thing! I have hourglass9 instead of Godmode9 already inside of my payloads folder (in my luma folder) It's just "start_Hourglass9.bin" should I leave it there when I add the godmode9, or should I remove it?

Super duper sorry if I overlooked that somewhere haha
leave it there

D

Deleted User

OP
leave it there
ok so now im all like confused lol On this guide it says I should already be on 2.1.0 (Im continuing from part 5 like you said) and I'm not. (And it doesn't mention anything about downgrading)

I remember doing this in the past, and downloading arm9 now btw. I still have a bootable thing in my hombrew titled "SafeA9LHInstaller". I also remember backing up a ton of stuff and storing them somewhere on my PC incase of a Brick. =o I'm all confused again haha.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
so
ok so now im all like confused lol On this guide it says I should already be on 2.1.0 (Im continuing from part 5 like you said) and I'm not. (And it doesn't mention anything about downgrading)

I remember doing this in the past, and downloading arm9 now btw. I still have a bootable thing in my hombrew titled "SafeA9LHInstaller". I also remember backing up a ton of stuff and storing them somewhere on my PC incase of a Brick. =o I'm all confused again haha.
start from the Injecting FBI section

D

Deleted User

OP
so

start from the Injecting FBI section
Yeah but that's why I got confused in the first place haha (Like before I posted the thread.) I seen that, but whenever I press start hourglass9 comes up instead of luma3ds chainloader. Should I just rename hourglass9 or something in the meantime?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Yeah but that's why I got confused in the first place haha (Like before I posted the thread.) I seen that, but whenever I press start hourglass9 comes up instead of luma3ds chainloader. Should I just rename hourglass9 or something in the meantime?
yeah, also make sure you have latest luma

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
yeah, also make sure you have latest luma
Ahhhh thank youu!!! Goes to figure 2 hours of my life wasted since I didn't realize I had to rename hourglass. QQ I got it now though! Downloaded all the .cias and everything!

Thank you very very much again for helping. Same to the others! ^-^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: