Hardware Fake Pro controller

cashinobi

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I have issue when trying to update fake clone nintendo switch pro controller... it always fail

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everyone,
I have issue with my fake clone nintendo switch pro controller, it only works with usb cable, the wireless function doesn't work anymore... And when trying to update the firmware, it always fail.

Do somebody knows have a solution for this ? and how to update the firmware by usb on pc ?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal motors can spin at different speeds, but the way they're used in rumble, they never do. Rumble is either on or off, and if they want different rumble strengths/pitches, they have traditionally used multiple motors with different sized weights at the end.
I guess this may be because of the heavy weight the rumble motor wouldn't spin effectively (or at all) at lower speeds.
Those fake controllers or nintendo controllers I have no idea, but the Xbox Original definitely has tradition rumble motors and could give a huge nice feeling...

I remember on Halo 1 there's a part with like a beam of light and the controller changes a lot the intensity of the vibration very similar to HD rumble depending on the character distance to the beam and had many different steps and from close the rumble was super high since Xbox controllers have always vibrated a lot just like Sony controllers, totally like them. Also the light beam sound was actually also being very nicely imitated but the Xbox controller normal rumble which was making almost the same sound and kinda like amplifying the sound from the TV speaker and hade very huge variation between the lightest sound+vibration to being close and having the hugest vibration+sound, the rumble even kinda made the electricity even more subwoofer like and imitated the sound so perfectly, that was amazing...

But I don't think in any other game with any other console I ever had that super nice experience as in Halo 1 with the small original controller from Xbox original, sure the HD rumble on the switch joy-cons are cool, but they don't even tickle, they are just too weak to make an actual good effect even though they totally work perfectly fine, but just too damn weak :(...

Last edited by guily6669,

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Just get a 8-bit dio controller, very cheap and reliable

Attachments

• 20191210_202226[1].jpg
    20191210_202226[1].jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 358

TheKiteKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

So today I disassembled the controller and replaced the shell with a Pikachu version.
My motherboard version is SW-P-A V1.3, and it was manufactured on 2019.02.16.
The other PCB is WEL 2019.01.05 and V1.3 too.

Also I ordered another controller and some HD rumble motors for the Joy Cons. It looks like that the original Pro Controller uses more heavy motors, because the wires in the original are thicker and different. Meanwhile Joy-Con motors are a lot lighter and I think they require less power. Te Chinese controller has thin cables to the motors, so it might work. Shipping is around 30 days so it will take for a while.

Hi! Did you ever manage to change the colour in the software. I’m having the same problem with a a fake pro controller that I want to change the colour of the grips of to green.

schmojo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just bought a fake pro controller, and would like to use it on a pc.

It works via USB cable, but I'd like to use it via Bluetooth. When I sync it, it syncs as 'input' with a mouse/keyboard icon, rather than a gamepad connection.

Does anyone know how I can connect it via Bluetooth and have it recognise properly? I've checked out BetterJoy4Cemu, but it doesn't even recognise the pad in Windows to make it appear there.

Thanks!

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I recently found a new fake switch controller that was told that does include NFC functionality, after getting one that actually not, disarming it and finding this forum in the way of searching how it works I decided to buy it and finally came.

First, it displays Nintendo logo on the front and in the backward, weights a bit more and feels like the others.
Once opened we can see this board.
IMG_20200705_203503.jpg

Pretty different from our 1.3 and 1.6 PCBs that I saw here but looks like joysticks are the same. It is dated of 2019-11-15 but seems to be from another manufacturer as it is not 1.8 or something like that; same material even though.

The main reason why I bought it was to know the differences between this NFC version and the other ones, to see if it could be implemented in someway. Surprisingly, the top board are exactly the same (that means other controllers also have the NFC antenna but that PCB does not implement NFC at all). No notificacion led but I found that despite not in the description of the product, it does wake up console.
IMG_20200705_203819.jpg
IMG_20200705_203836.jpg

We know that upper PCB is compatible with new controllers if they broke or don't work properly.

I also discover that as the original, plastic letters and arrows are plastic inked, so cannot be erased with use. Don't remember if other also have it
IMG_20200705_203914.jpg

Battery looks the same.
IMG_20200705_202921.jpg IMG_20200705_202928.jpg
Finally I want to test if this PCB does support HD-rumble, not likely but possible. Have to mention that rumble in this controller is terrible, even to disconnect it.
IMG_20200705_213315.jpg

I wanted to share it if it is usefull to anybody and listen your thoughts about it.

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found a new fake switch controller that was told that does include NFC functionality, after getting one that actually not, disarming it and finding this forum in the way of searching how it works I decided to buy it and finally came.

First, it displays Nintendo logo on the front and in the backward, weights a bit more and feels like the others.
View attachment 216322
Pretty different from our 1.3 and 1.6 PCBs that I saw here but looks like joysticks are the same. It is dated of 2019-11-15 but seems to be from another manufacturer as it is not 1.8 or something like that; same material even though.

The main reason why I bought it was to know the differences between this NFC version and the other ones, to see if it could be implemented in someway. Surprisingly, the top board are exactly the same (that means other controllers also have the NFC antenna but that PCB does not implement NFC at all). No notificacion led but I found that despite not in the description of the product, it does wake up console.
View attachment 216323 View attachment 216324
We know that upper PCB is compatible with new controllers if they broke or don't work properly.

I also discover that as the original, plastic letters and arrows are plastic inked, so cannot be erased with use. Don't remember if other also have it
View attachment 216325
Battery looks the same.
View attachment 216320 View attachment 216321
Finally I want to test if this PCB does support HD-rumble, not likely but possible. Have to mention that rumble in this controller is terrible, even to disconnect it.
View attachment 216326

I wanted to share it if it is usefull to anybody and listen your thoughts about it.
Thanks for the info, honestly I'm curious if the firmware for these can be updated anywhere. Like a manufacturer site.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 216322

View attachment 216323 View attachment 216324

View attachment 216325
Battery looks the same.
View attachment 216320 View attachment 216321
View attachment 216326

Out of curiosuty where did you buy that Controller? I have one of the older versions without the wake up functionality. I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap one if it had the wake up function.

Thanks.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

It works via USB cable, but I'd like to use it via Bluetooth. When I sync it, it syncs as 'input' with a mouse/keyboard icon, rather than a gamepad connection.

Does anyone know how I can connect it via Bluetooth and have it recognise properly? I've checked out BetterJoy4Cemu, but it doesn't even recognise the pad in Windows to make it appear there.

Thanks!
what is the problem? its only the icon.
when you look on the device with right mouse button you see and can access gamepade settings.

it is only the wrong icon.
Name and properties are correct.

Even a ps4 controller get this icon.

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Liriel,

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Out of curiosuty where did you buy that Controller? I have one of the older versions without the wake up functionality. I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap one if it had the wake up function.

Thanks.

On AliExpress, it only took two weeks to arrive but it depends on where to ship.
Not sure if I can post shopping links, so send me a DM if you want exactly which one I bought.
Cost around 25€ and it hides these models within the options, the one first is a third party, I suppose that they want to avoid license problems at the same time they want to sell cheap controllers.

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Thanks!

I spent tons of hours trying to understand Bluetooth connectivity. I reach the conclusion that PC (at least windows) only recognise as native xinput (Xbox controllers). Generally, programmers create games and software using xinput as it is the easiest and fastest way to implement controller support. Steam and many other programs translate the most usual controllers in xinput, allowing to use almost any controller in many games.
USB connection skips all of this. Not sure if windows performs this action already or is x360ce that I've used during all my research. If someone can specify would help a lot.
I recommend you MAGIC-NS, is a device created by Mayflash that do all the job. Just plug and play, any console or pc, almost any controller, and very reasonable price. Wireless playing without delay or connectivity errors.

Hope it helps!

Mantve

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hmm... I noticed some of you have successfully paired the 1.3 to PC? Did you somehow upgrade the firmware or something? I try to pair it through Bluetooth, PC shows it's paired but the controller completely ignores it on Windows, Ubuntu, and Android. The only way to use it is through USB cable, then it's recognized as x360 controller.
Is there anything that can still be done?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pairing is no problem.
Windows ignore it? Have you try a Software that emulates a xinput device?
Ps4 and Pro controller are no xinput device.
And most games only accept xinput.

Android and Linux ignore them?
Android which Version?
Linux? Even retropie accept the fake as Pro controller.

Upgrade Firmware? Where do you get a firmware update for a fake PRo controller?
Or are you try to update the fake with a nintendo Pro controller Firmware?
That would be idiotic because both use different hardware.

Last edited by Liriel,

Mantve

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
During a pairing process, Windows states that it's paired, but the controller keeps flashing 4 running lights until shutting off. The same happens on newest stock Ubuntu (states it's paired, but disconnected) and Android 10 (pairs other controllers fine). So after the "pairing" and pressing any button on controller it just flashes those 4 lights for a few seconds and that's it.

Works all fine through cable but only recognized as the xbox 360 controller, so no motion controls or screenshot button.

I did not try upgrading the FW or anything, just thought it as the only logical answer.
You are pairing by pressing the top sync button, right? No need to manually switch between switch and pc modes?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mmh what you discripe seams like a similar problem that i had.

I could not Pairing the controller and my pc.
but the error was the Bluetooth adapter.

Perhaps you try a other bluetooth adapter.

and yes you pairing with hold short the little button ner the usb port.

There are no firmware Updates for the fake controller.

Last edited by Liriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...