Facebook Is Shutting Down

GenesisX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful.

“Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

Zuckerberg went on to explain that starting March 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts.

“After March 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to see your pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. You won’t be able to get them back once Facebook goes out of business.”

Zuckerberg said that the decision to shut down Facebook was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.

“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Facebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That’s always a good thing.”
Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh no where are all the pedos gonna hang out now?
stupidfaceh.jpg

D

Deleted-247497

lol yeah mark zuckerburg would totally just shut facebook down instead of selling it for billions of dollars, that would be an awesoem business decision. :|

GenesisX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snico1995 said:
lol yeah mark zuckerburg would totally just shut facebook down instead of selling it for billions of dollars, that would be an awesoem business decision. :|

He Doesn't care about money and i don't personally think this will fall through

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GenesisX said:
snico1995 said:

He Doesn't care about money and i don't personally think this will fall through
That's just retarded. First, nobody would turn down a billion dollars. Second, even if he didn't want the money, they would at least do something good with it, like give it to a charity or something. Third, he would never shut down Facebook if he was concerned with anti-social behaviour because all that would do is create several more social networking sites.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toke jopic aside, I don't understand all the hate for Facebook. I used to think social networking sites were pretty dumb, but after making one myself just because people kept telling me to, I find it to be pretty convenient for staying in touch with friends whom I don't see everyday or very often.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ChaosBoi said:
Toke jopic aside, I don't understand all the hate for Facebook. I used to think social networking sites were pretty dumb, but after making one myself just because people kept telling me to, I find it to be pretty convenient for staying in touch with friends whom I don't see everyday or very often.

I agree. IMO those who hate it either don't want to keep/have (enough) friends or have stupid friends that use it in ways that makes using the site less appealing (perhaps you need new friends if it bothers you that much).

I use it to keep in touch with friends and/or mass spread relevant information and that's all. If there's nothing of interest I simply log off.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i don't hate fb but i also find it hilarious how any1 would put all their personal info on a site where every1 can see it. and there's all the stories about parents letting their children starve using it. i just shake my head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: