Gaming F2P MMO that doesnt need a great pc to play.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im looking for an mmo to play but almost all the ones i see my computer cant run.I would like one that has a good graphics but doesnt have to be perfect.i have played runescape and would like that game to look alot better then that...my pc specs are
CPU
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz

CPU Speed
You Have: 2.8 GHz

RAM
1014.1 MB

OS
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Video Card
Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
Video RAM 16 MB 128.0 MB
3D

DirectX version
9.0c

Sound Card
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Free Disk Space
24.2 GB

thanks in advance.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a stretch, but "Tibia", to me, was awesome.
The graphics are very old-school but attracting at the same time, so you won't need a good computer to run it.

"MapleStory" is also one of the more popular F2P MMOs (disregarding the cash shop junk). Definitely check that out.

I am not sure of the requirements for "Ragnarok Online", but that could be another option.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
It's a stretch, but "Tibia", to me, was awesome.
The graphics are very old-school but attracting at the same time, so you won't need a good computer to run it.

"MapleStory" is also one of the more popular F2P MMOs (disregarding the cash shop junk). Definitely check that out.

I am not sure of the requirements for "Ragnarok Online", but that could be another option.
tibia looks a little to old school for me. i love old school games but that just doesnt look like one i would enjoy...maplestory is kinda ehh to me.but ragnarok looks ok might try it out...but i would like a more realistic looking one..

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol maplestory is still pretty rough on integrated -.-
i used to have a pentium 4 3 ghz with integrated 5500 gt crap something it was rough at some point slol

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try trickster online. it looks gay but it's actually pretty good. i prefer it over maplestory.
but maplestory's great too, as long as you disregard the fact that the entire community/fanbase consists of younger teens trying to get an online bf/gf, or sad adults who do nothing but buy NX cards to get to max level in a month. the game itself is good. probably the most popular 2D F2P game on the internet. (don't quote me on that).

ragnarok online isn't F2P, but there are private servers.
and dungeon fighter online, also from Nexon (maplestory publishers), is kinda fun and isn't very graphics-intensive at all.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can handle learning it, Ragnarok Online is probably the best MMO you can play for free.
If you like PvP, anyways. It has the best PvP around. But it has a serious learning curve to be good at the game. It takes people a very long time to become pros.
It's technically F2P because official servers are so terrible and bot-ridden it's 100% better to play a private server, because most private servers have bot protection that renders them bot-free.

Dungeon Fighter Online got a little repetitive for me but it IS oldschool and quite fun. Also unique. Needs to be more MMOs like it in the future.

That's all I can think of that's low-graphics and fun.
I used to play Ragnarok online on my piece of shit 10 year old PC that had less then 500mb of ram, and the rest of its specs weren't great either. The only time I lagged was in areas packed with tons of people.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Shabutie78 said:
you could try trickster online. it looks gay but it's actually pretty good. i prefer it over maplestory.
but maplestory's great too, as long as you disregard the fact that the entire community/fanbase consists of younger teens trying to get an online bf/gf, or sad adults who do nothing but buy NX cards to get to max level in a month. the game itself is good. probably the most popular 2D F2P game on the internet. (don't quote me on that).

ragnarok online isn't F2P, but there are private servers.
and dungeon fighter online, also from Nexon (maplestory publishers), is kinda fun and isn't very graphics-intensive at all.

Actually it is! Ragnarok Online has an oficial free server!

Its pretty neat.

Hmm i like Gunbound and Gunz is fun too! (Unless Gunz has gotten an update, i used to play it on my crappy pc)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RO has an official free server, and it's 99% bots.
...and .9% spambots
aaand the rest are actual players.
Private servers > official. By far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock