Hacking EZ Flash IV - White screen on startup!

DatGameh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello. I have had this issue this morning, but it worked last night.

I am using the new EZ Flash IV, with the SDHC support.
The only form of abuse that I've done to it is "chucking up" the cartridge to my GBA (locking it in place by hitting it with my palm).
When I turn on my GBA, everything is the same, until it starts up... Nothing happens, but a blank,white screen. Wait for about two minutes, and the screen goes black.
There are even some times when the Nintendo symbol becomes jumbled up...

I've checked and confirmed that it isn't from my SD card.
The PCB:
I noticed that (being a cheap chinese product) that if i push the PCB inside (from the contact plates) to one side, the PCB will turn. The PCB's color is blue, and I heard that a counterfeit EZ Flash has a different PCB color. I also noticed that the the PCB is acually leaning to one side (could be countered by adding a paper underneath to push the PCB up).

I haven't checked the GBA's contacts or the solders of the chip, tho.

So... how do I fix this? Is it a problem with the contacts, PCB, GBA or is my EZ Flash bricked?

Last edited by DatGameh,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have never heard of any counterfeit EZFlash gear.

Anyway it could be any of those three options. Cleaning contacts if a good start, if you have another GBA capable device then do try that and if you want to try putting a piece of paper doubled over a couple of times between the case as the bottom of the PCB then do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did Janet Jackson release a new song +1