OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I patched all of my roms with the official EZ Flash client (v1.03) and made sure the reset patch toggle was on. However, every game I try fails to soft reset. I checked the ini file and made sure the key combination option was there and it was. What could have gone wrong?

Was thinking of trying GBATA but can it do more than one rom at a time? Looks like BOMA can do more than one but you can't change the key combo for the rom menu reset (which is what I need). I've heard that using a key combo involving the R button to reset to the rom menu can cause the card to accidentally erase and try to update the firmware? Is that true? If not, I'll go ahead and try BOMA if I'm unable to successfully troubleshoot the soft reset problem with the EZ Flash client.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, you could try ezgba. It don't rename ROMs and patch more than one at a time.
For soft-reset you can use kuwanger's sleephack. This package has a python script that permits changing the key combo for soft-reset. It also adds a sleep function (activated by L+R+Start and deactivated by Start+Select) since not all games have sleep mode nor the built in works for those that have.
The downside for sleephack is that it changes the size of the ROMs, as it trims them and then adds the sleep and soft-reset. Some 16MB won't boot unless you put them into NOR as they become bigger than the PSRAM (Mother 1+2, Megaman Zero 4, and others). Some 32MB games won't load to NOR as they become a bit bigger than 32MB (Mother 3, Riviera the Promised Land as examples).

Reactions: CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will give that a shot. Thank you very much. On the subject of NOR... Is mine possibly fried? I just got this card yesterday, but every time I write to NOR, the title of the game is changed to garbage (random symbols and Chinese characters). I formatted the NOR and resent the rom with the official client and made sure I kept the Reset patch toggle unchecked. Same result. It is even happening now with games smaller than 32 Mb. I tried a 4 Mb game and it did the same thing. =(

Cuelhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What firmware version are you on? Maybe if you update that issue is gone as there was a problematic firmware before. 1.77 BlueNight works fine for me.

CecilMcW00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using EZFlat IV 1.78. I just tried both the 1.77 and 1.78 version of BlueNight and the same thing is happening. Sigh...

By the way, Kuwanger's Sleephack worked really well. Thanks a lot for that. Managed to find a frontend for it that supported batch patching.

Cuelhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm glad you liked Kuwanger's Sleephack.

Have you ever tried to format NOR? You highlight the NOR game ant then press Start. then you confirm with A. It should take a while, and then you can try reflashing a game to it. If it still fails, maybe yout Ez-Flash is bad.

CecilMcW00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you liked Kuwanger's Sleephack.

Have you ever tried to format NOR? You highlight the NOR game ant then press Start. then you confirm with A. It should take a while, and then you can try reflashing a game to it. If it still fails, maybe yout Ez-Flash is bad.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm starting to think the same thing. And yes, I have tried formatting the NOR a few times while troubleshooting. Real bummer since a couple of the games I really wanted to play are 32 Mb. Contacted the seller on eBay to possibly get a replacement and haven't heard from him yet. I guess it's time to invest in an Everdrive.

Reactions: Cuelhu

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I am not using the reset function of my EZFlash to return to he menu I cant verify this, but as far as I know the auto reset function that Gyron and I use in our skins could potentially break the soft-reset compatibility. I am going to send you a patch to try it.

EDIT: Try applying the attached ips file to my EZFlat IV 1.78 rev2 'ezfla_up.bin' file and reflash that to your EZFIV (the bin, not the ips). Then try a soft reset button combo and let me know if it works.

EDIT2: removed the IPS. IGR works fine with the auto reset patch for the kernels, you need to use the 2007 release of the ezclient 1.03 to patch working IGR.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-