Hardware EZ Flash Jr will not load a game with START "shortcut"

apass0s

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was using an EZ Flash Jr with absolutely no issues on a screen modded GBC, an unmodded GBC and an unmodded DMG. Then I modded a second DMG with a backlight and bivert mod (don't know if that might have caused the issue I'm about to describe, somehow, with a bad install or a bad solder job - although I don't think that's the case, anyway).

When I used the EZ Flash Jr on this second DMG, I noticed some issues with it trying to read the cartridge and not getting past the Nintendo logo, or the logo coming down all weird, with a randomly pixelated aspect. But usually it would be solved with just a bit of turning it off, taking the cartridge off, reinserting it and turning it on until the logo came right and the system got past to the booting screen of the EZ Flash Jr.

I ran it a few times with no more issues, but then, when I was playing a hacked Pokémon rom and tried to save and backup the save by hitting the reset switch of the cartridge, the issue of not getting past the Nintendo logo happened again and I had to reset, do some of the turning off/on, take cart off/reinsert, etc. I don't know if all this caused some power issue on the system, but now my save file is corrupted and the EZ Flash Jr will not load the last played game with the START button "shortcut". It simply gets stuck on the "Loading..." message.

When I tried to recover the save using PC software, I saw that the saves folder of the cartridge had saves with similar names to the game, but not exactly right. What should be "pokemon brown.sav" was now "pokemon bro7n.sav", for instance. That happened only with the games I would try to play after all these issues happened.

The START button "shortcut" still works sometimes, when I just reset the system. But if I leave the Gameboy off for a few minutes and try to use the shortcut, it gets stuck on the "Loading..." message again.

I have already slow formatted the SD card with Windows (and the proper parameters - FAT32/32KB), and the problem is still there, even if I use other Gameboys.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the long text.

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Ezflash Junior's SRAM contains settings(RTC, auto save), last played game, and game save information.

Remove coin battery and reinsert it

If this does not solve the problem, SRAM may be damaged.

apass0s

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ezflash Junior's SRAM contains settings(RTC, auto save), last played game, and game save information.

Remove coin battery and reinsert it

If this does not solve the problem, SRAM may be damaged.
I suppose you're right about how this cartridge works, but reinserting the same battery didn't solve the problem. Putting in a new one did, though. Nothing damaged, I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...