ROM Hack Extracting from .nfp compression Format

Jumbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To begin with, I'm fairly new to the game hacking scene. I normally only deal with scripts and graphical editing/ripping from Ace Attorney and Dai Gyakuten Saiban, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

I wish to extract graphical and sound assets from the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann game. Unfortunately, as with a few games in Japanese on the DS, the files are compressed into .nfp.

There are only two threads from 2008 which even touch upon the subject. The second one only briefly mentions that someone had created a tool to extract from it, and provides some basic information on addresses. However, the tool itself is not linked, and no further mention of the file format appears until a 2013 post on asking for information regarding the format.

Any assistance would be appreciated, either direct, or in pointing me in a good direction in regards to where to go to begin working with unknown compression formats.

I would link the relevant .nfp files, but as a new member I am restricted from doing so.
Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol