Exactly 7 years on the 'temp now

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess we joined this house around the same time....
Does it bother you that it changed so much over the years ? This place was awesome, hardware reviews, modchips, flashcarts, CFWs , scene releases, hacks......
Now is just a another mediocre gaming forum, where every thread about flashcarts and such is looked down upon really bad with bigots yelling piracy left and right.
I don't need this shit, if all I want is a gaming forum there are definitely better choices out there.
I miss the old times /endrant :sad:

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vnHq7sY.gif

"Happy" tempday?

Reactions: Satangel

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thought you were a girl to be honest.
I doubt many girls would last for 7 years on the 'temp. Or any forum for that matter :P
I guess we joined this house around the same time....
Does it bother you that it changed so much over the years ? This place was awesome, hardware reviews, modchips, flashcarts, CFWs , scene releases, hacks......
Now is just a another mediocre gaming forum, where every thread about flashcarts and such is looked down upon really bad with bigots yelling piracy left and right.
I don't need this shit, if all I want is a gaming forum there are definitely better choices out there.
I miss the old times /endrant :sad:

I guess we did, what a coincidence you came upon my thread :)
It has changed indeed, but a lot of it just wasn't in GBAtemp's control. They got hacked 3 times, one time they were offline for a week or so (think that was last year this time), which was pretty damn sad in my opinion. That hack/downtime definitely hurt them.
But the major factor in the decline in members/posts (this is just my gutfeeling of GBAtemp, I don't know the numbers and would love to see them) is just the fact that Nintendo's consoles aren't so successful at the moment or just not hacked yet. The GBA/NDS/Wii aren't new anymore, and all the people who wanted to hack them and pirate games already done it.
Hell, you don't even need to hack the Wii anymore, just emulate it on your PC and you're set. THAT hurts the 'temp so much, because that's why most visitors came here.
The 3DS and Wii U aren't hacked yet, and if they are hacked, it would surprise me if was so easy as the Wii/NDS (super easy really, and that made it so popular, which in turn made GBAtemp popular).

It's sad that the times were the forum/site were basically superslow when a new Pokemon game or Zelda game came out are now really gone. The amount of posts that were made during such times, unreal really, and the site often went offline. Those times are gone, and a lot of 'members' (people who just came here for that rom fix) are gone with those times.

The things you mention are still being published on this site, although it's more Android related. But when we see something 3DS hack related, it's front page material and a new review will come. 'hardware reviews, modchips, flashcarts, CFWs , scene releases, hacks' are still here, but the scene has just slowed down! GBAtemp can't review modchips when there simply are none!
And I'm pretty damn sure you can find information on CFW's/flashcarts/modchips on the forums for just about every popular console out there, not only Nintendo consoles. I'm not sure if those get published on the frontpage, could be.

What you say about flashcarts and piracy looking down upon, I haven't really noticed (although I must say I don't frequent GBA/NDS/Wii forums that much anymore simply because I don't own those platforms anymore). If someone on here says 'piracy is bad, don't do it, don't talk about it', they clearly don't realize GBAtemp is basically f(o)unded on piracy. It's foundations are homebrew, and piracy. That is what we talk about here and that is how this site got big.
True that we are a mediocre gaming forum, that's very true, and it saddens me really. Especially for my preferred platform, the glorious PC masterrace, there is just no community on here. I made a thread about BF3 a few months ago, and literally only 1 person replied. That is sad, and I hope more (PC) gamers find their way to GBAtemp.....

I wouldn't say I miss the old times, I'm still perfectly happy here. I miss some aspects, some members were more active then than now, admins were more active too, TempMas was great and unforgettable, and I just loved some topics about the site in general. But the way it's going now, I don't have much problems with it, apart from the PC gaming community.
This is simply the best forum I've ever went to. It's so big in technology aspects, you can find anything here, just anything. Every time I have a question about technology or just life in general, I come here, and I'm not disappointed. I've learned so much here, and I just hope I can return as much knowledge in my lifetime.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sniffle*

I try to make content for everyone to read. Things slow down, yeah, but I've been working my chops to keep things going for everyone because I noticed a lot of the same thing you did!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)