OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Etrian Odissey III: The Drowned City Announced
September 21, 2010.
purchase.png

Atlus USA said:
E3 2010: ATLUS' EXPLORATION RPG ETRIAN ODYSSEY III: THE DROWNED CITY FOR NINTENDO DS TO SET SAIL IN NORTH AMERICA THIS FALL
Beneath your feet lies a world lost to the seas...

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA -- JUNE 16, 2010 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced plans to bring Etrian Odyssey III™: The Drowned City for Nintendo DS™, the third chapter in the acclaimed series of exploration RPGs, to North America this fall.

"The Etrian Odyssey series is renowned for successfully marrying deep roleplaying gameplay with a grand sense of adventure and the thrill of the unknown," stated Aram Jabbari, Manager of Public Relations and Sales at Atlus. "The Drowned City, the third chapter in the fan-favorite franchise, takes the established exploration RPG gameplay--a loving tribute to classic pen-and-paper and PC entries in the genre--to exciting new frontiers. The seas off the coast of the city of Armoroad offer an exciting, mysterious unknown, filled with hidden dangers and bountiful treasures. With an entirely new host of character classes to customize and train, the addition of naval travel and exploration, and the unprecented introduction of cooperative local multiplayer content, Etrian Odyssey III isn't content to simply continue the series; it seeks to redefine it."

The embodiment of adventure and discovery in the purest sense, Etrian Odyssey III transports gamers to a sparkling oceanic paradise filled with atmospheric dungeons to chart and survey, vast watery expanses to sail across, and rumors of a sunken city to investigate. Aspiring explorers are responsible for charting their travels utilizing the intuitive touchscreen map editor, meaning that careless cartography could easily spell doom for a fatigued party trying to escape danger. Powerful challenges demand cunning and strategy: players will assemble and fully customize their party of adventurers from a variety of highly specialized classes and sub-classes. For the patient and prepared, fame and fortune await.

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City is scheduled to release Fall 2010 for Nintendo DS. For more information, visit the official website at http://www.atlus.com/eo3.

#####

About Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

Off tranquil ocean shores, far below the surface of the sea, the city of Armoroad bears a secret. Rumor suggests that this coastal metropolis is less than it once was; much of it, they whisper, was lost to the unforgiving waters. Will you assemble and train a team of explorers to uncover once and for all what really lies beneath, or will you succumb to the innumerable dangers hidden in the abyssal depths?

Key Features
Create your unique team -- A system of 10 new classes and sub-classes and a wealth of proprietary skills make developing the optimal party absorbing, tactical, and rewarding. A maximum of 30 possible member slots provide plenty of room to experiment. You decide where to apply members' skill points: will you invest in sword mastery or learn a new healing spell?
Live and die by your map(-making) -- When danger lurks around every corner, it is imperative to keep track of where you have been and what you found there. The streamlined map maker lets you draw paths, paint in terrain, and drag and drop icons. Watch the map grow bigger and more detailed under your hands as you capture every door, map, set of stairs, and secret pathway.
Adventure in the high seas -- The ocean becomes a new stage for exploration as you take to the city of Armoroad to uncover the secret of why half of this once vibrant and technologically advanced metropolis sunk below the waves. Sail your ship, chart the ocean map, sink enemy vessels, and take on seagoing FOEs on your way to playing out one of three possible endings.
Wirelessly share with friends -- Up to 5 friends can team up in special combat challenges over a local wireless connection to take down the toughest monsters living in the ocean. Additional options let you wirelessly trade items.

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City has been rated "E10+" (Everyone 10 and older) with Alcohol and Tobacco Reference, Language, Mild Fantasy Violence, Suggestive Themes by the ESRB.

Day one for me.
Contributed by Uzumakijl

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
nice. another EO game huh, ill buy this for sure.

but ill be more happier if atlus announce for LA3: Eyes though.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Atlus USA merely localizes games.

The original game was made before everyone went gaga over the 3DS,
and Atlus USA can't change the game to make it have 3D and vastly improved graphics etc.

Though I do expect the Japanese Atlus to focus on 3DS more from now on.

If you were talking about companies in general; just look at all the games that have been announced for the 3DS!

Most games announced for the DS so far are localizations: FF Gaiden, Dragon Quest IX etc.

Sure, Golden Sun isn't a localization, but that one was already being developed before anyone had even heard anything about any kind of new DS -> E3 last year.

On-Topic: I love EO III. I'm currently leveling my party to be able to beat the Second Stratum's boss, but...It's just so strong! T-T

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should grind for the 2nd stratum boss, till you get force
tongue.gif

Anyways, I love this game. And love atlus for making even another EO
biggrin.gif

(@ 3rd stratum @ 2nd game atm
biggrin.gif
)
I love the challenge
smile.gif

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
^I already beat EO I & II ^-^

EO I: B29F
EO II: 30F

I'm talking about EO III, in Japanese ^-^

(I'm assuming you thought I was playing EO II (Which I am, but I can auto-battle the second boss in five seconds),
because you said "Force". PFFFT! Force is sooo two years ago!
EO III has Limit Skills, which is a MUCH better mechanic than the shitty Boost or the overpowered Force.
I mean, seriously, Alchemist's Force Attack? Man!)

Edit (2): Also, nice to see another Dutch EO Fan!

I honestly love this game. I can say that it really is much more difficult than EO I & II.
When you think about it, they weren't that hard. You just needed to be careful -> I almost never got a game-over in I & II.

However, I'm at the end of the Second Stratum of EO III, and man, the enemies have grown literally three times as strong as on the previous floor!
It's sick, but that's also why I love EO so much. YESSS!!!

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, Belgium!

I've lived there for five years. Good times, good times.

But I didn't have EO back then. ^-^

Ahhh, better times, better times.
Or not?

Anyway, I tried the Second Stratum boss again.
Got my ass handed to me on a silver plate with shit-like decorations.
*Sigh* I guess I'll just have to grind , then. >->

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, good luck beating them before this one comes out!

If you want an awesome strategy that will help you get through EO I much quicker,
just PM me. You'll be able to experience the whole game, but this will help you get through the later Strata - Especially the Post-Game, if you really want to enter it.

Also, on a side note: If I were you, I'd really hurry up.
Once you've played EO III, it'll be hard to go back to the slow-ness that is EO I.
EO II is more than manageable, though.

Talking about EO II, I'm gonna try the final boss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!