Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
+1 Synchronicity - Use device while syncing
+1 [iPhone 4/iPod touch 4] iRetiner - Make non-Retina Display apps have retina-compatible icons
+1 Insomnia Pro EUR 1.99 - Keeps Wi-Fi apps from sleeping
+1 Lockdown Pro $2.99 - Password protect apps
+1 MobileNotifier - Android-like notification system
+1 MyOS $0.99 - Safely change system settings
+1 ScreenDimmer - Automatically dim screen
+1 USB Drive - Use device storage as USB drive
+1 YourTube 2 $5
+1 Backgrounder - Have more control over backgrounding/true backgrounding
+1 WinterBoard
+1 FakeLocation
+1 UDIDFaker
+1 [iPhone/iPad 3G] MyWi $19.99 - Tether without extra charges

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Zerosuit connor said:
n64iphone
Nintendo 64 emulator with in app rom downloads.
Tried that today. Wouldn't work for my iPod 3G on 4.2.1 in normal or safe mode. As soon as I went to load a game it would crash (also showed the NES controller layout for a split second for some reason...) Turns out that's a 4.2.1 problem though... Still why hasn't Zodd updated it yet?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
+1 MyWi

I'll definitely add my support to that. It's easily the best money I've spent so far on my iPhone. $20 is a bargain to circumvent Verizon's tethering surcharge with capped bandwidth.

+1 My3G because it is also very useful for making the most of your own internet connection.

-1 n64iphone because console emulation on the iPhone is stupid. It is impossible to reproduce the controls necessary to play n64 games on a touchscreen and that will never change because phones aspire for simplicity while consoles require functionality and tactile feedback. Don't post apps here just because you're currently in the throes of being impressed that it's playing Super Mario 64 at 80% framerate, and just before you realize it's stupid and get bored with it.

The Pi

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll up date all this later, the iPod may be a great device but it's not so good for updating essentials threads
tongue.gif

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
+1 to these
Fakeclockup (speeds up system, not application, animations)

Thanks for FakeClockUp, I love it!

Here are mine:

+1 to:

Activator
AndroidLock XT - Android passcode.
CyDelete
FakeClockUp
FolderEnhancer
Gridlock
iFile
Infinidock
MultiIconMover
Notified Pro - Better notifications.
Synchronicity
WiCarrier - Changes carrier to current WiFi network name.
YourTube 2 (Better than MxTube, IMO.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
Zerosuit connor said:
n64iphone
Nintendo 64 emulator with in app rom downloads.
Tried that today. Wouldn't work for my iPod 3G on 4.2.1 in normal or safe mode. As soon as I went to load a game it would crash (also showed the NES controller layout for a split second for some reason...) Turns out that's a 4.2.1 problem though... Still why hasn't Zodd updated it yet?

Wasn't there a problem with emulators if you used earlier versions of Greenpois0n? If you did use an older version, try rejailbreaking with the latest one on top of your current jailbreak.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
Odnetnin46 said:
alidsl said:
+1 dreamboard: IMO it's awesome, only beta right now but it's hard to explain what it does
To my knowledge,Dreamboard isn't out publicly (In beta) until the 20th.Still is a very large leap in theming.
I got it from the insanelyi repo
Hmm,someone actually cracked that whitelist on the original repo...
Whatever,I can wait a day for a more stable version.

+1 to...

Five Icon Folder (This actually does more than advertised,you can edit the number of columns you want in a folder,AND it also lets you do exactly what infinifolders does,for FREEEEEEEEE,although has a small bug if you delete all apps in the last,4th full row(Making 12 apps in the folder) it won't scroll up to where there are more apps,just exit the folder to resolve this.Also be warned that iTunes won't see these as folders,and you're apps will appear without folders in the iTunes indicator(Also happens ON your iDevice when in safe mode).)
Cydelete
BackBoard
iFile

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Odnetnin46 said:
Hmm,someone actually cracked that whitelist on the original repo...
Whatever,I can wait a day for a more stable version.

+1 to...

Five Icon Folder (This actually does more than advertised,you can edit the number of columns you want in a folder,AND it also lets you do exactly what infinifolders does,for FREEEEEEEEE,although has a small bug if you delete all apps in the last,4th full row(Making 12 apps in the folder) it won't scroll up to where there are more apps,just exit the folder to resolve this.Also be warned that iTunes won't see these as folders,and you're apps will appear without folders in the iTunes indicator(Also happens ON you iDevice when in safe mode).)
Cydelete
BackBoard
iFile
This is standard for all springboard layout editors. iTunes is only designed to see 4 columns so it makes it show them all in alphabetical order then show your order on the iOS when the plugin is loaded. Scrollingboard (my preference) does exactly the same.
Dreamboard's on the Modmyi repo now. I've tried it, it works quite well. A little buggy too but, hey, its free and a great little tool.

Anyway...
+1 AndroidLock XT
+1 Scrollingboard
+1 SBRotator
+1 Foldercloser (I hate that iOS leaves them open by default)
+1 FakeCarrier (MakeitMine wouldn't function on 4.2 for me)
+1 Dreamboard
+1 DisplayRecorder
+1 SNES9x EX (Almost as good as Snes ADX but for free. Needs some a lot of UI tweaks. it also doesn't like one of my plugins so will only boot in safemode

There's my list
biggrin.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odnetnin46 said:
Not to start a flamewar but I had to make a couple points.
Pyrofyr said:
-1 Winterboard - Piece of shit in every possible way, laggy as all hell, sucks, in every possible way.
-1 Mxtube - Crappy version of YourTube
YourTube 2 - Superior youtube downloader, new version is miles ahead of MxTube
-1 Five Icon Dock - Useless when considering you can just have:
Infinidock - Vastly superior in every possible way, does everything 5 Icon Dock does and more, no one should be using 5/6/7 icon dock cydia apps as of almost 6 months ago, Infinidock makes them all pointless.
-1 5ColumnSpringboard - Pretty crappy, have had it crash on me several times in the past, there is a new version similar to Infinidock that simply allows you to choose number of columns (and rows) in Settings instead of having one app that's so single focused.
These.
Point 1:Mxtube was the FIRST native YouTube downloader,and is free,unlike YourTube.Yourtube is an extension to Youtube.app,Mxtube is a standalone app.Basicly,it all depends on a person's preferences on what they like or not.
Point 2:If you don't use Winterboard,what do you use?While I agree that it does tend to lag and some themes fail at times,there really isn't a practical,free alternative.Unless WinterSled gets a GUI,this is all the average user can use(Not everyone knows how to use mobile terminal).

No flamewars,please.
No need for something other than Winterboard, themes in general are pretty poor, there are other ways to do themes without lagging but it's so overly technical it's generally not worth doing. Still, Winterboard lags way too much (3G, tried it back when 3G was new, tried it recently too) for what it offers, drains the crap out of what little RAM there is too.

MxTube may be preference, but when I tried it I just didn't like it overall. YourTube may not be 'free' ~legally~, but realistically, they all are. Not going to bother getting into all of that any further, but suffice to say price doesn't really sway the argument to anyone worried about price. The standalone app if anything kinda makes it more annoying, having to go and hide my original apps so people don't use them if I let someone use my phone for a second, that feeling when someone says "Hey but where's your Youtube?!" all those moments are extremely annoying.
I'll have to check out WinterSled, haven't heard of it. Is it basically Winterboard - GUI and lag?

Not attempting any flamewars, never was, never attacked anyone directly, don't plan on doing so, I simply pointed out what I severely disliked about the app the same way people point out what they like about apps, that's how it works. If all there was were positive reviews and sunshine and rainbows we'd have to test something every app here cause someone comes along and +1s it all eventually.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
AoiAoiAoi said:
+1 Infiniboard, Infinidock and Infinifolder.
I mean, it just gives Springboard a whole new meaning.
I would like to -1 all of these if its a new purchase. All these features are available in ScrollingBoard alongside extra plugin features for $1.99. (All in One tweak is more convenient than 3 seperate ones)

DreamBoard is unlikely to become too popular due to the fact its a paid platform. Less people will use it therefore less people will theme for it. I managed to get the initial release for free but then they added the price and I couldn't update so I uninstalled it. I barely use themes and had only downloaded for curiosity anyway. The theming definitely worked better than any Winterboard theme I've tried though. Has anybody actually made any extra themes for DreamBoard yet?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ XBMC, but you have to add another repo. It's a great media player that can stream content without any lag.
Also iRetinaPad. Uses retina graphics on iPhone/iPod apps that have them instead of doubling the pixels.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
already got Retinapad, great app... only for retina display iphone games, which doesnt happen a lot that ever comes onto ipad in hd :-/

that XBMC is a much better player than VLC? I have VLC on my ipad and the video lags...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg