XP
Country
United States
+ Super Mario 3D Land
+ Mario Kart 7
+ Ocarina of Time 3D*1
+ Kid Icarus Uprising*2
+ Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance*3

*1 Don't really know if this game should be considered an essential. While I think its the best/definitive version of Ocarina, it doesn't change the fact that it is available on N64, Gamecube, Wii, and PC via Rom. So being on the 3DS isn't all that much of a big deal. I'd say this is only essential to those who have yet to play the game, don't have a Wii or rare Zelda Collector's disc to play it, or just generally love Ocarina of Time to a passion.

*2 Not out yet, but you can pretty much already confirm it to be one worth having.

*3 Again, not out yet, but after watching the trailer, it appears to be an essential to anyone who likes playing the Kingdom Hearts games or is trying to follow the story.

Whats sad is that for Americans, this is really the cream of the crop until E3 announces/confirms new stuff.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
+1 Ocarina of Time

And there is no [essentials] for 3DS e-shop titles? Or should we place those in here as well? Because I've got a few =).

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
+ Super Mario 3D Land
+ Mario Kart 7
+ Ocarina of Time 3D*1
+ Kid Icarus Uprising*2

*1 Don't really know if this game should be considered an essential. While I think its the best/definitive version of Ocarina, it doesn't change the fact that it is available on N64, Gamecube, Wii, and PC via Rom. So being on the 3DS isn't all that much of a big deal. I'd say this is only essential to those who have yet to play the game, don't have a Wii or rare Zelda Collector's disc to play it, or just generally love Ocarina of Time to a passion.

*2 Not out yet, but you can pretty much already confirm it to be one worth having.

*3 Again, not out yet, but after watching the trailer, it appears to be an essential to anyone who likes playing the Kingdom Hearts games or is trying to follow the story.

Whats sad is that for Americans, this is really the cream of the crop until E3 announces/confirms new stuff.
Essentials are for games that are out and that you've played
It wouldn't make sense to rate a game you haven't played

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+ Super Mario 3D Land
+ Mario Kart 7
+ Ocarina of Time 3D*1
+ Kid Icarus Uprising*2

Essentials are for games that are out and that you've played
It wouldn't make sense to rate a game you haven't played
I see essentials as games that are essential to have.

And you can judge a book by its cover. Especiall Kingdom Hearts to anyone who follows the series and especially Kid Icarus, given that it will have vs wifi.

I mean just look at Mario 3D Land... You knew it was an essential title to own the very moment they showed the teaser title for it during E3 1-2 years ago. Point is, you dont need reviews to know that some games are just destined to be must haves/plays.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
+1 Mario Kart 7
+1 Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
+1 Super Mario 3D Land
+1 Dead or Alive Dimensions
+1 Star Fox 64 3D
+1 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
+1 Ridge Racer 3D

I own all of these and have pretty much finished them all (still grinding away in MK7 for the 20K coins >.

Reactions: 1 person

MovieGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
+1 Mario Kart 7
+1 Super Mario 3D Land
+1 Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, The
+1 Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition
+1 Tetris Axis

Own them all, play them all, love them all.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted in the old topic I think, but:

+1 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
+1 Mario Kart 7
+1 Super Mario 3D Land
+1 Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D/Revelations (Revelations isn't out, so I guess we can't vote for it, but it looks much better than the Mercs).

Also, how does Steel Diver have votes? Lmfao.

troydude6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*Updated*
For the sake of people actually looking for games to buy using this thread, I will not include games that have not been released. (Games will have to be released SOMEWHERE before you can add them)

TestedInVN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 Dead or Alive: Dimensions
+1 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
+1 Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
+1 Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat