Hacking Errors, Wifi, and more

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

I've encountered a few problems on my PSP that I need help with. If anyone could help me, that'd be fantastic.

My first problem:
- I converted Innocent Sin (PSX title) into an eBoot and placed it onto my PSP. (Followed the tutorial pinned in this forum.) It worked just fine when I first put it on. Now, whenever I go to boot it up, I get this error: The Game could not be started (80000004). I wasn't having this problem before - why am I having it now? I remember erasing a few things off of my memory stick earlier this month, as well as flushing my seplugins folder (some broken files were in there), but I never touched the eBoot file.

Second Problem:
I'm having a problem connecting to other PSP's. My friend and I used to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 earlier this year without any problems. Now, I can't find other PSP's. I've tried connecting to her PSP with Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, and it's not working. We've both went through all of the channels, and none of the channels are working. I can confirm that my wireless is indeed enabled, as I'm also able to go online via the web browser.

1st Question:
I'm currently running Prome-2. Is there a reason to update to 4? Will updating cause any issues with my current themes or games?

2nd Question:
Does PSNLover actually work? I've yet to be able to actually log on to PSN ever since hacking my PSP. I don't have any games I want to play online - just curious.

Thanks in advance.
(Also, sorry if this topic is posted twice. My internet crapped out right after I hit submit
frown.gif
)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
All I can really suggest is reflash the firmware (maybe updating it too, Prome-4 should be fine I guess but just updating to this won't reflash) and formatting the memory card, if the problems still come up then I have no idea.

edit: PSNLover works (on 6.xx anyway, not heard any news of it not working on older firmware)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Back up your Persona save to your PC, delete it from your PSP save folder, and try loading the game again. Does it work? Also what format were your PSX games in to start with and are the save and game ID's the same? If all else fails format the stick and repopulate it.

As for the wireless problem....are you both on the same firmware? Your current firmware is pretty redundant now....the best bet would be to update both your PSP and your friends to PRO, or to downgrade to M33 and see if that helps matters. If you're worried about online and PSNLover then PRO is your best option.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona was originally a .ecm file that I converted with unecm. And yes, the ID and the game saves are the same name. I'll try deleting the files now.

How would I go about updating to PRO, and would it be compatible with my current themes? We're both running Prome-2 - we just never found a reason to update.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
ECM compression is one of those things that i feel i should believe in but just don't. Call it idiocy but i don't believe in magic removal and replacement of part of the file, no matter how well it's explained. Is there any chance you could get a different copy in an image format (bin/cue would probably be good). Did you apply the language patch to it when you converted too?

As for updating you can just follow the guides here. It's more or less just updating the firmware to the latest official and running the PRO installer. And yes it'd probably mess up your current themes so you'd need to convert or find alternatives.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
What PSP to do you have?

There are a few ways to go about downgrading (then upgrading), but obviously, you have to be careful. Follow one of those many sticky's up top, and you should be good to go.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try and look for another copy. This one was already prepatched, which is why I went for it instead of dumping my own copy. Is there anything that I'm supposed to have on my PSP to play PSX games, other than the eBoot? Like in my seplugins folder or something? Because it was working fine before. I'm just glad I didn't put a lot of time into the title and have something go wrong.

PRO requires the normal firmware, then? I suppose I'll update to it, then. Hopefully that'll take care of our wireless problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Edit

I have an original PSP 1000 running Prome-2.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Windaga said:
I'll try and look for another copy. This one was already prepatched, which is why I went for it instead of dumping my own copy. Is there anything that I'm supposed to have on my PSP to play PSX games, other than the eBoot? Like in my seplugins folder or something? Because it was working fine before. I'm just glad I didn't put a lot of time into the title and have something go wrong.

PRO requires the normal firmware, then? I suppose I'll update to it, then. Hopefully that'll take care of our wireless problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Edit

I have an original PSP 1000 running Prome-2.

1000? You have all of the good options for getting where you need to be firmware wise. This sticky should be all you need: http://gbatemp.net/t293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp

For PSX games, you'll need to find the 6.xx popsloader pack for guaranteed compatibility on 6.xx CFW. You should be able to locate it with a quick tutorial via Google (sorry, can't link to it). Generally though, you just make the EBOOT, leave it in its folder, and put the entire thing into the GAME folder on your memory stick. If it's not working at that point and you did everything right, chances are that the EBOOT is just a dud.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The patch may have been badly applied, the conversion may have been bad etc...

The best bet would be to start from scratch with the PSX image and patch and do all the conversion and patching yourself.

Or get verified eboot with the patch already done if you're feeling especially lazy!:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging