Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
thanks, but no thanks.

btw: you still dont get the big picture
all there is left for your wad crap is vc/wiiware piracy. well, then again, this is gbatemp... are you proud now?

so please, god of homebrew, stick your "wii projects" up your ass.
while you're at it, why dont you just stop with whatever you think you're doing. here's a little hint: all you do is spread a bad name around wii homebrew. you know, there a people out there who do care about consequences of their action.

thank you for your understanding hrtimer!

I'm really confused as to why Waninkoko is being insulted here! I'm also confused as to who you are. I didn't know someone could be so horrible for hardly any reason either. Waninkoko has done us all favours, and come up with some amazing homebrew, and he isn't being paid a penny for it. He also didn't ask for everyone to start pirating games as far as I know, so why should you blame him for what everyone is doing with his software?

Hm, I think I'll stop before I get too deep into this argument, as I don't fully understand what you mean. But you coming on here and insulting someone like this is just shameful. Especially someone who decides to call himself Jesus
mad.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Especially someone who decides to call himself Jesus

yeah..ever heard of do not use the name of the Lord our God in vain?

plus if you dont like hacking and homebrew why'd you go posting in the wii hackinh thread?

LinkinParkmetre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyway
Where the bug comes from?
HBC or Waninkoko? Or Maybe plugged in wii things
I've got a charger, and an ethernet converter.
This could be usefull ;(
Waninkoko, i know that you read the topic, if you need me to test things, just pm me

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
LinkinParkmetre said:
Anyway
Where the bug comes from?
HBC or Waninkoko? Or Maybe plugged in wii things
I've got a charger, and an ethernet converter.
This could be usefull ;(
Waninkoko, i know that you read the topic, if you need me to test things, just pm me

The bug comes from libogc.

zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
waninkoko said:
That's probably fault of the HBC so it should be fixed by bushing & co.
waninkoko said:
The bug comes from libogc.
Make up your mind.

QUOTE(Trolly @ May 31 2008, 05:10 PM)
I'm really confused as to why Waninkoko is being insulted here!
There are people amongst the homebrew developers who strongly feel that Waninkoko is freeloading on the groundbreaking work other people do to further a decidedly positive cause. And if you take a closer look at one of jesushchrist's "insulting" statements - "all there is left for your wad crap is vc/wiiware piracy" - well, he's not really wrong, is he?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
zosh said:
There are people amongst the homebrew developers who strongly feel that Waninkoko is freeloading on the groundbreaking work other people do to further a decidedly positive cause. And if you take a closer look at one of jesushchrist's "insulting" statements - "all there is left for your wad crap is vc/wiiware piracy" - well, he's not really wrong, is he?

"A decidedly positive cause" is making an homebrew channel and freeing people to run anything on their machines and possibly giving a way for people to use pirated content on their wiis (whether be emus, playing downloaded movies, music etc. ). So how different this positive cause do you actually think from a wad or any other package installer app?

So hbc is a customs officer in a nintendo land border and allowing everyone even thieves(those who pirate) and thugs a free pass but not some.

We've seen thieves up till now, what if some thugs (virii) that spread and eventually brick wiis became common? Would you still think it would still be "a decidedly positive cause" ?

Here we have a saying, "Her koyun kendi baca??ndan as?l?r" which means everyone pays the punishment of their own mistakes.
So let it be that way.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
LinkinParkmetre said:
I've a question for you waninkoko:
Why does this lib bugs,
And why does this lib bugs only on a few wiis ?
Thanks anyway

Related to the same bug entry quoting bushing from comments at http://hackmii.com/2008/05/the-homebrew-channel/
"The HBC Beta 7 requires IOS35. We’re aware of the problem, and will have a fix for the next release."

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a tremendous amount of ignorance in this thread...

LibOGC is the foundation of all homebrew, aside from the Twilight hack. This library is continuously being developed for the most recent version of IOS, because as the firmware advances, more features will be enabled.

As for Waninkoko's tools, the fact that they load fine using every other method means the issue has to lie with the HBC. Code of this nature doesn't execute with any recursion in a way that a loaded ELF would cause an issue with the channel, but vice versa is true.

So, if you have a problem, it's most likely something you did, whether it be outdated firmware or a screwed up SD card file structure.

As a last note, anyone with so few posts and so much stupidity has no right to flame anyone. I hope someone bans that person.

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay...seems we are only two or three to get that "CODE DUMP" hexa things displayed when launching with homebrew channel...the fact is, after launching it, the wads file appears (like they do with twilight hack), but 1/2 second after, the "CODE DUMP" thing appears...
Maybe people who gets that error could talk together, because maybe we have all done a same bad thing in a moment, who caused that sort of "bug" ?

Personally, my wii is a d2c (with d2ckey) bought in november, 30, 2007, I installed HBC in DVD EUROPEAN version.
After I tested the freeloader a few months go, my drive began to make copter sounds and to vibrate each time I inserted a DVD in it...so I FORMATED my wii, and now, all works perfectly...
before that, I installed entirely the BRAWL JAP update, but I imagine it was deleted while formating my wii.
I installed a SSB N64 wad, and I deleted it...now the only wad I have is the cristal chronicles one.
I do not think I made other non-approved-by-nintendo things on my wii...
Hope it helps to find the problem' source

jesushchrist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
memorris said:
Waninkoko

I have a ton of respect for you.
I’ll be over here waiting patiently for the next “big thing
no matter how long it takes
Unfortunately it’s often the assholes that are the loudest. Stuff like this has also killed the motivation of other projects (emulators, games etc.) over the years and it sucks.

I hope you (and all other coders out there) will be able to ignore these people.
real solution is for the developer to not let himself/herself get bothered by people
this guy is doing all of us a huge favor.
He’s not getting paid for it.
just keep up the good work,

i honestly dont know how to respond nicely to that.
you, dear gbatemp retard, get one line: you just cant be more wrong.

i think thats enough insulting,
dhewg

ps: http://www.bugmenot.com/view/gbatemp.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Always Coca-Cola!