Hacking Error: firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently trying to install arm9loaderhax using Plailect's guide. I was able to downgrade to 2.1.0-4u just fine, but when I transferred all the files from the guide to my sd card and booted into the installer I get "Error: firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted." I have tried multiple sd cards and redownloaded the files a couple times to no avail. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Edit: I should clarify I'm using an old 3ds

Last edited by JustChillin1414,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently trying to install arm9loaderhax using Plailect's guide. I was able to downgrade to 2.1.0-4u just fine, but when I transferred all the files from the guide to my sd card and booted into the installer I get "Error: firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted." I have tried multiple sd cards and redownloaded the files a couple times to no avail. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Edit: I should clarify I'm using an old 3ds

I'm going to assume you didn't download the files for the o3ds. Reread the guide it should have two different downloads one for n3ds and one for o3ds

• The release of SafeA9LHInstaller corresponding to your device:
    • New 3DS Compatible Release
    • Old 3DS or 2DS Compatible Release

Last edited by Ronhero,

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to assume you didn't download the files for the o3ds. Reread the guide it should have two different downloads one for n3ds and one for o3ds

• The release of SafeA9LHInstaller corresponding to your device:
    • New 3DS Compatible Release
    • Old 3DS or 2DS Compatible Release

Just doubled checked and I definitely downloaded the v2.0.3 version so that's not the issue. The first time I booted up I got a glitched screen, pressed select and rebooted like the guide said, but I wasn't able to get into the Luma3DS menu so I figured it didn't install correctly. If it did install I would know right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm curious.... Is PCSX2 compatible with normal web cams emulating the EyeToy....