Hacking Error code - 160-2713 - USB drive

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I've been installing games using WUP Installer to a USB2 320GB hard drive. They work fine, but 3 or 4 times now I've had a black screen error on Wii U with the Error code - 160-2713. It says something to do with not enough power.

I'm not using a Y cable currently (I have one ordered from Amazon), but the drive has worked fine in the same Wii U as a vWii backup loader previously, with no issues. I also Googled the error and found some people with Y cables till get the error, so thought I'd ask here anyway.

If I used a 64GB or 128GB USB thumb drive instead, would that be less prone to this error? What about an externally powered USB desktop drive?

I don't want to install loads of games and start playing them only to find I have to install them all over again on a new drive!

Thanks

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm on 5.5.1, but this image grabbed from Google shows the same wording:

wiiu-error-160-2713.gif

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Turned that off already, and it's a new-ish WD USB3 drive. I've had the same problem with an older Seagate USB2 drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blizzzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same error with my 2.5" USB drive. It's a CnMemory Airy 2.5 USB 3.0 drive with a 750GB Toshiba drive inside, using a Y cable. The error comes up seemingly at random when starting games, but also sometimes during games when the drive was idle for a bit, or when installing updates. Also, sometimes starting a game takes a lot longer than normally. I thought that it might go into sleep mode, so I opened the enclosure (it was not made to be opened >.<) and checked the APM values on a PC. It's set to 254, so it should never spin down and it also doesn't sound like it spins down. I can also rule out a lack of power, since the same error happens when I power it through its 5V input with a 2.5A power brick. I even switched out the drive in the enclosure for a 250GB WD one, but I get the same error.

With an older 3.5" USB drive it works perfectly fine, no issues at all.

Pixii_pixle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been installing games using WUP Installer to a USB2 320GB hard drive. They work fine, but 3 or 4 times now I've had a black screen error on Wii U with the Error code - 160-2713. It says something to do with not enough power.

I'm not using a Y cable currently (I have one ordered from Amazon), but the drive has worked fine in the same Wii U as a vWii backup loader previously, with no issues. I also Googled the error and found some people with Y cables till get the error, so thought I'd ask here anyway.

If I used a 64GB or 128GB USB thumb drive instead, would that be less prone to this error? What about an externally powered USB desktop drive?

I don't want to install loads of games and start playing them only to find I have to install them all over again on a new drive!

Hi I've had the same issue where I have downloaded a wii u game off of USB helper then downloaded the game on the USB stick directly from wup installer, and after an update when I go to launch the game it just crashes and gives me this error, and somehow i managed to fix it. All I did was delete the update in the downloads manager tehn launched the game without the update and it worked, after I saw that the game worked I just reinstalled the update and waited and there u go it should be fixed

LandonAndEmma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens a lot since it's Nintendo's fault on making it terrible with USB sticks and the fact the format it uses sucks and can get corrupted, happened to me and I lost all my save data and games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson