Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So what do you think should I buy a new n3ds? I mean I already considered this but one thing is bothering me what if nintendo releases some new thingy that will make even CIA's bannable because of this new downgrading train.
Also you are pretty informed for a 14 yeard old girl :shy:
Honestly, you should get a O3DS XL. You're pretty much set to get one under 9.2. And, it's not going to happen. Nintendo can't currently detect pirated CIA games. ( Unless you call them saying your SSB3DS digital game doesn't work and they don't see it on your purchases...)<-- But who does that...?

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Honestly, you should get a O3DS XL. You're pretty much set to get one under 9.2. And, it's not going to happen. Nintendo can't currently detect pirated CIA games. ( Unless you call them saying your SSB3DS digital game doesn't work and they don't see it on your purchases...)<-- But who does that...?

Yes I know but I meant in the future like lets say in a few weeks or months. Then buying another 3DS was meaningless.

D

Deleted User

CIA files use system header. You're totally safe with CIA files. There is a string of data that signifies that a game is unique and not copied.
If two sets of the same data get played at the same time, it means someone is using a pirated copy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Walterds

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone here who was banished in December got out of the ban after 15 days? Today is 28 days that I was banned and I have not left the ban ... :sad:

Last edited by Walterds,

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
sorry to hear that, i'm playing smash fine now, but i got an orange button

If you are using a private header then of course you will not get banned :ninja:

Anyone here who was banished in December got out of the ban after 15 days? Today is 28 days that I was banned and I have not left the ban ... :sad:

Well me neither.

geokhentix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA files use system header. You're totally safe with CIA files. There is a string of data that signifies that a game is unique and not copied.
If two sets of the same data get played at the same time, it means someone is using a pirated copy.

Never tell anybody on GBATemp they are totally safe. For one thing, using a EUR .CIA on a USA 3DS is a sure-fire way to let Nintendo know you're engaging in shenanigans. We don't really know if .CIA files are safe, yet. Nintendo hasn't banned .CIA users, or at least none have been reported that I've seen, but that doesn't mean they can't. It just means they haven't yet. Secondly, we have no idea what information Nintendo receives from our systems. They could be receiving nothing; or they could be logging a lot more than we think.

It's best to err on the side of caution no matter what method you're using to be a pirate of the digital seas. Make sure you use .CIA's made for your region; don't use the save-data that gets broken during a downgrade(because in my opinion, this is dangerous, as broken save data in such a way would never happen on a stock console), and honestly if you value multiplayer, perhaps the smartest thing to do is play all of your online games from sysnand. It's not like the 3DS has a huge library of wonderful multiplayer games anyway.

Reactions: MEGAMENE

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have bad memory. Sorry. Yeah, buy a new one.

Okay, nintendo support replied me and said I will get unbanned at 17. :hrth: so its like they changed the ban time from 2 weeks to 4 not sure what will happen to others.
So from now on if I use cia's I will be totally fine? Anything else? Thanks.

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...