Hacking Error #002

shaka!!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I am trying to play my backed up copy of Wii Sports Resort and when I launch it from Gamma I get error #002.

I heard this was because I haven't got cIOS38 rev 13b installed, but when I try to install it I get error ret = -2011.

When I try launch the game from NeoGamma it just sends me to my preloader screen.

How can I fix this?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's some hints:
1. That error has to do with not having the trucha bug.
2. The Trucha Bug Restorer works on any firmware on any type of Wii at the moment.
3. That won't be the only thing you need to do for Wii Sports Resort, but other games should work fine.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shaka!!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nabster92 said:
Here's some hints:
1. That error has to do with not having the trucha bug.
2. The Trucha Bug Restorer works on any firmware on any type of Wii at the moment.
3. That won't be the only thing you need to do for Wii Sports Resort, but other games should work fine.

I have used the Trucha Bug Restorer and everything went just fine. No worries about the Wii Sports Resort, just enough to fix this error on other games that it could occur on will be fine with me.

QUOTE(s3phir0th115 @ Jul 17 2009, 05:08 PM) Ahh, ok. I can try to help you then.

Do you have any prior cIOS install? And what system menu version do you have?

I have 4.1e, I updated the day 4.1 was released with out knowing it was released..

I installed some cIOS' that came with the Gamma Launcher I downloaded, but I have no idea what they were. What ever they were, they fixed the errors I was getting previously and I can play games now.

EDIT

Just redid my Trucha Bug Restorer thing following this guide and everything went fine, but still get error -2011.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Neogamma itself should have some sort of fix for the 002 error and having it reset your Wii to preloader probably means it worked. The reason WSR does that and why I said that wouldn't be all you need to do to fix it is because it tries to play the motionplus video automatically at the beginning the first time you play it which will cause your Wii to automatically reset to the system menu (or preloader if you have it I suppose)

To get WSR working you need to extract the player.dol from the WSR .iso with wiiscrubber and rename it to whatever it's titleID is.dol (I forget what it is) and then have neogamma load an alternate dol when you run the game the first time (putting that .dol you scrubbed in whatever directory it will look for it in.)

Then it should play the video that is mandatory to watch all the way through then reset your Wii again. Then you should be able to load the game again (turning off loading the alternate dol) and it should boot fine provided the 002 fix and stuff is turned on and whatnot.

Edit: If you have some way to load it from the disc channel, that would work as well.

shaka!!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nabster92 said:
Neogamma itself should have some sort of fix for the 002 error and having it reset your Wii to preloader probably means it worked. The reason WSR does that and why I said that wouldn't be all you need to do to fix it is because it tries to play the motionplus video automatically at the beginning the first time you play it which will cause your Wii to automatically reset to the system menu (or preloader if you have it I suppose)

To get WSR working you need to extract the player.dol from the WSR .iso with wiiscrubber and rename it to whatever it's titleID is.dol (I forget what it is) and then have neogamma load an alternate dol when you run the game the first time (putting that .dol you scrubbed in whatever directory it will look for it in.)

Then it should play the video that is mandatory to watch all the way through then reset your Wii again. Then you should be able to load the game again (turning off loading the alternate dol) and it should boot fine provided the 002 fix and stuff is turned on and whatnot.

Edit: If you have some way to load it from the disc channel, that would work as well.

Oh ok, so I wouldn't get the 002 error on other games?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys...

Install cIOSrev13a and use NeoGamma R6. Select alternatvie .dol loading from disc, select the .dol != main.dol the 1st time you start the game, and after watching the movie once, disable alternative .dol loading again. Done. And don't mess with NeoGamma's settings, they are preset to maximum compatibilty on default, but just require you to have cIOSrev13a.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Wad Manager 1.4 use IOS 249 as you probably made that IOS as an installation.

Use 249 that fixes the ret=2011 error.

USB Loader GX has the error fix that could help you.

But if you want neogamma then use that.

shaka!!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WiiPower said:
Guys...

Install cIOSrev13a and use NeoGamma R6. Select alternatvie .dol loading from disc, select the .dol != main.dol the 1st time you start the game, and after watching the movie once, disable alternative .dol loading again. Done. And don't mess with NeoGamma's settings, they are preset to maximum compatibilty on default, but just require you to have cIOSrev13a.
Yeah I've been looking for 13a to no avail
frown.gif

Hook us up with some links?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1