Epic Games announces Fortnite Crew, a monthly subscription service for Fortnite

A new feature is coming to Fortnite, in the form of a paid monthly subscription. When Fortnite launches Chapter 2 Season 5, it'll also debut Fortnite Crew, an $11.99/mo subscription, which gives players access to the game's Battle Pass, 1,000 V-Bucks, and a special cosmetic outfit. Currently, access to the Fortnite Battle Pass on its own costs 950 V-Bucks, and lasts for multiple months which is overall a much cheaper price, however the items included within the Fortnite Crew monthly bundles are exclusive, and will not be obtainable through any methods other than subscribing. Fornite's next season, and the Fortnite Crew subcription will go live on December 2nd.

D

Deleted User

I love how it's always Charry posting the borderline advertising "news" pieces.

Let's be real, if you buy something stupid you should do it expecting to be mocked for your poor self control. Nobody buys the 11ft d***o bat without knowing what they're getting into. Just the same nobody should buy Chineum-style "subscriptions" without expecting to be mocked for it and knowing Epically Ruining Games is under Tencent's bootheel, they'll pack more and more behind it until the game is borderline unplayable without it, What IS crossing the line into amorality is the fact Fortnite is targeted at 8-16s and they know this, and yet they're still doing this anyway.

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Chill, homie. I never even played Fortnite. I'm literally saying that it IS free to play and that *maybe* it would be more apt for the person I was quoting to say "pay to win" if that was his opinion.

I never even claimed that I personally thought it was pay to win.

We literally both agree that the game is free to play so I don't know why you have to get so aggressive with your comments and the "low IQ" talk.

But you're right, if the only benefit to paying is for cosmetics (again I never played and never implied otherwise) then it can't be considered pay to win either. Doesn't change the fact that you're using a shitty tone.
yeah sorry man

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not to make myself feel better per se, I was already feeling just fine. I'm looking down on people for contributing revenue to a company that's undeniably a cancer on gaming as a whole. When EA of all publishers has released the objectively superior product (Apex Legends), and you're milking your customers for their last cent during a pandemic, then that's when you know your remaining days of relevancy are numbered.

And it's not like the game has to stay F-T-P forever; this could be them boiling the frog until they start requiring a subscription service.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I love how it's always Charry posting the borderline advertising "news" pieces.
Please explain yourself.

Unless a news post is specifically tagged as "sponsored", no, it is not advertising.

And no, sharing an opinion on a game that happens to have transactions is not advertising either.

Logic like that makes me believe you would hear someone talk about a thing they heard about and felt like relaying the information, and you would immediately assume they are advertising the product in question.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression fortniters liked spending money on this game. Seems like a good opportunity for them. The people who would spend money on this should because who knows what else they would get duped into buying. If it keeps the kids from buying magic beans or fidget spinners then good.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It begins.... the game getting ruined by becoming pay to win even more so than before.

Okay. A bit weird. Not surprising, but still weird. They're not making enough money on their virtual currency? Or did they finally hit some slight red with their exclusive buy outs?

The lawyers have to get paid it seems.

Remember their legal dispute with Apple and others?

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It begins.... the game getting ruined by becoming pay to win even more so than before.

The lawyers have to get paid it seems.

Remember their legal dispute with Apple and others?
Sweeney is his own lawyer. Has to be.. I can't imagine any lawyer with sense that would side with him and his.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
are the clinically stupid squeakers THAT MUCH of a honey pot for Epic to seriously consider this?
I know someone... She has a son. About 9 I think. For his birthday he got $250 in VBucks... So, yeah.. I'd say so.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, then I don't see a big deal about this. If people want to fork over more money for purely cosmetic items, then let them.
The big deal about this is that it's going to set more bad trends on monetization in the future. Battlepasses are already a scourge, having to pay for rewards that are designed to get you to play more and pay more, a predatory scheme if I've seen one. Now they're bundling it with a subscription and exclusive content, obviously designed even more to get people to pay to not miss out.

It's a bundle of predatory tactics. They know that once you are subscribed to something, it's easier to let it slide on a credit card than actively renew it every month. I can't point to the last time a large company bothered trying to sell something consumers would want, at a specified price, rather than try and use every psychological trick to extort the money from them. Maybe it was Bethesda's horse armor?

D

Deleted User

Please explain yourself.

Unless a news post is specifically tagged as "sponsored", no, it is not advertising.

And no, sharing an opinion on a game that happens to have transactions is not advertising either.

Logic like that makes me believe you would hear someone talk about a thing they heard about and felt like relaying the information, and you would immediately assume they are advertising the product in question.
Woah, jumping the gun a bit eh? My point is that it's so dry cut it's practically marketing copy. Might as well have ripped it straight from the EGS news page. Doesn't that seem a little bit off? This is GBATemp, not Epic News or PC Gaming Weekly or somesuch.

Last edited by ,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Woah, jumping the gun a bit eh? My point is that it's so dry cut it's practically marketing copy. Might as well have ripped it straight from the EGS news page. Doesn't that seem a little bit off? This is GBATemp, not Epic News or PC Gaming Weekly or somesuch.
Are you WiiUBricker?

D

Deleted User

Are you WiiUBricker?
Who is that? No, Seriously.
*A few minutes of searching later*
Man, reading comprehension in this day and age is at an all time low. Y'all need to repeat elementary school. I'm not saying Charry literally copied it, plagiarism is a much larger accusation than a marketing copy grade summary. Not only can Charry write better articles in her sleep, but it's an article that doesn't really belong on GBAtemp at least at this point in it's relevancy to gaming as a whole.

Last edited by , , Reason: formatting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A