Hacking Entered GW Mode on sys11.3. Now, what?

D

Deleted User

I think you'd need arm9 access for that? Back in the beginning when you downgraded to 2.1 to get your otp.bin then installed a9lh after updating again, you'd have to update to 9.2. But maybe we didn't have homebrew on higher firmwares then?
Oh, I was confused about a9lh can also be installed with userland+otp on any firmware version. It sucks that it won't work on 9.2+ ._.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I think you'd need arm9 access for that? Back in the beginning when you downgraded to 2.1 to get your otp.bin then installed a9lh after updating again, you'd have to update to 9.2. But maybe we didn't have homebrew on higher firmwares then?
There was plenty of homebrew, but userland can't access the NAND.
If it is a O3DS: A9LH wipe.
If it is a NEW: Brick.
That's for updating without FIRM protection. 11.3 tries to update FIRM on every boot, which doesn't brick as far as the reports go.

bross30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Could I have Luma 11.4 install SysNAND with a Gateway 11.2 emuNAND? or would it still wipe out A9LH? I've got a 9.2OFW + EmuNand 11.2 setup atm and I've migrated all my saves onto my New3DS + Luma/A9LH setup because gateway is dead. I'm guessing gateway will pull down it's website any day now and pocket their money made. It's been two months already since any updates...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could I have Luma 11.4 install SysNAND with a Gateway 11.2 emuNAND? or would it still wipe out A9LH?
Perfectly fine as long as you only run emunand with gateway's CFW (luma of course can continue to be used on either sysnand or emunand)

When sysnand is running emunand doesn't exist as far as the 3DS operating system knows; when emunand is running sysnand doesn't exist
(What about the well known fact DS, DSi, and GBA modes read from sysnand anyway, you might ask? That's exactly because there are no emunand patches for twlfirm/agbfirm)

Oh, I was confused about a9lh can also be installed with userland+otp on any firmware version. It sucks that it won't work on 9.2+ ._.
At the time of your post, there were userland>arm11>arm9 exploit chains for all versions up to 11.2 (and since this week, up to 11.3) :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is, people here will always kick off when hackers don't update instantly to what ever console(s) latest version.

what they dont realise is firstly:
A) you are pirating, if you want 100% access then stop being cheap and buy your games
B) regardless of firmware updates, Gateway still works, it is not their fault if you fail to remain on the firmware they clearly state is compatible
C) unlike other devices, Gateway have continued to support its day-one customers, it is the only flashcart that still supports the same cart released years ago
D) it is the only cart that brings new features such as its cheat code feature and allows its users to create their own cheat codes.

Yes they do put on their website that its update will be soon, but people dont see it this way.

Gateway have been working on a new update way before nintendo rolled out 11.3, so do you expect them to stop this update which will bring new features just to update emunand for those cant cant follow instructions from day one and never perform console updates.

Should users risk Gateway missing bugs in its update and damaging their console because users cant follow simple instructions?

Yes it has taken a long time for this new update to come out, but regardless if Gateway updates its emunand or not, the question is, are you still able to use your Gateway card and play these free games you illegally downloaded?

Answer is, YES you are.

So you cant play online - your pirating - console updates from day one have always aimed to block such exploits
So you updated - your problem, it has said for years now what firmware's its compatible with and not to update - your problem you updated.

But i guess people would rather pass blame to someone else than themselves, im just happy that the card i bought years ago is still supported and unlike others I didnt have to buy a new version for continued support.

Reactions: Ryccardo

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just follow the 3ds.guide again, it was updated to hack 11.3 systems
The morning that the exploit was released, i restored my NAND. Thank you for the advice.
thing is, people here will always kick off when hackers don't update instantly to what ever console(s) latest version.

what they dont realise is firstly:
A) you are pirating, if you want 100% access then stop being cheap and buy your games
B) regardless of firmware updates, Gateway still works, it is not their fault if you fail to remain on the firmware they clearly state is compatible
C) unlike other devices, Gateway have continued to support its day-one customers, it is the only flashcart that still supports the same cart released years ago
D) it is the only cart that brings new features such as its cheat code feature and allows its users to create their own cheat codes.

Yes they do put on their website that its update will be soon, but people dont see it this way.

Gateway have been working on a new update way before nintendo rolled out 11.3, so do you expect them to stop this update which will bring new features just to update emunand for those cant cant follow instructions from day one and never perform console updates.

Should users risk Gateway missing bugs in its update and damaging their console because users cant follow simple instructions?

Yes it has taken a long time for this new update to come out, but regardless if Gateway updates its emunand or not, the question is, are you still able to use your Gateway card and play these free games you illegally downloaded?

Answer is, YES you are.

So you cant play online - your pirating - console updates from day one have always aimed to block such exploits
So you updated - your problem, it has said for years now what firmware's its compatible with and not to update - your problem you updated.

But i guess people would rather pass blame to someone else than themselves, im just happy that the card i bought years ago is still supported and unlike others I didnt have to buy a new version for continued support.

First, i think that if there's public CFW code on Github, they had enough time for copy-pasting it and releasing a hotfix. And... I will remember you that they arent free altruist developers. Their cart costs like 70$. I think, as a customer, i can review them. And... I will also remember you that they promised the update in "Two weeks max". THE FEBRUARY 13.
Next, when i said that i were pirating? That's another thing.
And... About the points C and D, you're right.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The morning that the exploit was released, i restored my NAND. Thank you for the advice.

First, i think that if there's public CFW code on Github, they had enough time for copy-pasting it and releasing a hotfix. And... I will remember you that they arent free altruist developers. Their cart costs like 70$. I think, as a customer, i can review them. And... I will also remember you that they promised the update in "Two weeks max". THE FEBRUARY 13.
Next, when i said that i were pirating? That's another thing.
And... About the points C and D, you're right.

as for cfw, no i would not agree if someone started stealing other peoples work thats free then charging you for it in their product.... CFW is no different to Gateway as it is always limited to firmware and what you cant understand is that CFW is an open project and has more people working on it, Gateway.

The cart is expensive in a sense but end of the day, it would cost you more to buy your games - so stop being a whiny cheap ass... you are basing your review because you want full console access to play pirated games for free, or that you was a moron who didnt read the instructions and updated his console which blocked gateway (which ever one).

Yes the website post was in FEB, but again you dont know the current update they are working on that is bringing new features, so for people like you should they stop this?

Also when did you say you was pirating? well erm excuse me but you are using a Gateway card that is for what..... dont be a tool and sit there claiming you want full access with Gateway yet you dont pirate games, that been the case then stick your game card in and play online without the need of Gateway..... because you play legit games right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated