Emuparadise will no longer offer ROMs or warez

guOlR4A.png

For many years, people have referred to "the paradise site" as one of the best places to obtain ROMs of games. From the NES, to the GBA, to the PS2, and more, this site hosted thousands of games. Of course, doing so will bring about the ire of video game developers, and it appeared that Nintendo might have led to the site having to remove many of its ROMs from Nintendo systems as of last year. Now, after 18 years, things seem to be more dire, as Emuparadise will no longer host illegal content or ROMs. The site itself will still be around, and you'll be able to participate on their forums and download emulators, however all "warez" will be removed. The owner of the site plans to have Emuparadise be a retro gaming community, heavily changing how things have been for nearly two decades.

Many of you are aware that the situation with regards to emulation sites has been changing recently. What you probably don't know is that we at EmuParadise have been dealing with similar issues for all 18 years of our existence.

From receiving threatening letters in the early days to our hosts suddenly shutting down our servers due to complaints, we've seen it all. We've always complied with takedown requests but as you can see, that is no guarantee of anything.

I started EmuParadise 18 years ago because I never got to play many of these amazing retro games while growing up in India and I wanted other people to be able to experience them. Over the years, many folks have joined in and contributed to this vision and I think I can say that we've been successful in spreading our passion for retro games far and wide.

Through the years I've worked tirelessly with the rest of the EmuParadise team to ensure that everyone could get their fix of retro gaming. We've received thousands of emails from people telling us how happy they've been to rediscover and even share their childhood with the next generations in their families. We've had emails from soldiers at war saying that the only way they got through their days was to be lost in the retrogames that they played from when they were children. We've got emails from brothers who have lost their siblings to cancer and were able to find solace in playing the games they once did as children. There are countless stories like these.

It's been a long and beautiful journey with many ups and downs. When I started EmuParadise things could have gone either way. But right now the direction they are going in could not be more than clear.

So where does that leave us?

It's not worth it for us to risk potentially disastrous consequences. I cannot in good conscience risk the futures of our team members who have contributed to the site through the years. We run EmuParadise for the love of retro games and for you to be able to revisit those good times. Unfortunately, it's not possible right now to do so in a way that makes everyone happy and keeps us out of trouble.

This is an extremely emotional decision for me after running this site for so many years. But I believe it is the right thing for us at this point of time.

Thus, we have decided to make a new start. We will continue to be passionate retro gamers and will keep doing cool stuff around retro games. But you won't be able to get your games from here for now. Where we go with this is up to us and up to you.

We'll still have our emulators database, the community, and everything that comes along with that.

We have already made several plans of what is going to happen next. It's going to be a fun new beginning and there's going to be lots to come! We'd also love to hear from you in the comments about what you think we should do. But for now, we need to make this change. We've served the community for 18 glorious years and it's been a hell of a ride!

But every end is a new beginning and we're excited to find a way forward to continue being your #1 emulation destination.

Thank you for supporting us through this journey. We could not have done so much without you visiting us, telling your friends about us, uploading screenshots and descriptions, telling us when something was wrong, letting us know when we messed up, and more. Thank you for being a part of our community and encouraging us through all these years.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps2 games are gone The list is still there but no downloads, found out the hard way when my jdownloader list stopped. Mfker I really want to see the end of Nintendo, their main games could run better on Xbox or PlayStation, there will probably be no handhelds anymore other than a mini switch of some crap like that. And they want us to pay for online, screw Nintendo

cagycee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where I downloaded my first rom. Super Mario 64. ;-; welp I Mean WHO doesn't have a ROM of Super Mario 64 sitting somewhere in a computer along with Project 64.

Reactions: |<roni&g

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend everyone to buy their own hard drives and start downloading romsets. Who knows what kind of archived content we'll lose with all these sites shutting down.
Or better yet, archive the site on the way back machine.

Reactions: Deleted User

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this in effect now? will we have an alternative to the site?

It went into effect a few hours ago, I had a huge list of ps2 stuff downloading on jdownloader and the links have stopped working, tragic. There are a few other sites I haven't used yet but plan on investigating them tomorrow.
Just google "ps2 direct ISO downloads" replacing ps2 with whatever console your looking for content for and there seems to be a few other sites, hoping their as convenient as emupradise was. I recommend using jdownloader too

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Awww man, that was the one and only rom site I had bookmarked, welp I guess their next rom site will be the second

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Internet ain't what it used to be. It was more fun when it was all "dark web" instead of under so much corporate and government control.
Again, Ron Paul said these days and worse were ahead. On the upside, sales for street boosters are probably going to sky rocket in the days to come.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Internet ain't what it used to be. It was more fun when it was all "dark web" instead of under so much corporate and government control.
Again, Ron Paul said these days and worse were ahead. On the upside, sales for street boosters are probably going to sky rocket in the days to come.

I agree, I miss the days where you had to be on a PC to watch YouTube and it felt "cooler" back then before every normie had internet on their phones. Gaming as you and me know it has changed for the worst, thanks to people being conditioned to subscribing to silly services and willing to bleed money

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope they keep their music... Ever since my archive HDD's head broke I lost tons of video game music I enjoyed on a daily basis. Emuparadise has been one of my sources for downloading particular favorites.
Khinsider has a massive archive of video game music that you can use

Just google khinsider video game soundtracks and its the first link

Last edited by Tweaker_Modding,
Reactions: SG6000

donut32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Shame! As many others have said here - it was a go-to for me as well - mainly for finding something specific. Good on ‘em. 18 years is a fair fucking stint at it and glad to see they will remain alive in some form.

Only have to wait until copyright expires on these games and fall into public domain! (not sure how many of us will be around by then though...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1