Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

Sandeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not the creator, but I'm assuming its the same, but instead of using the USB tool to backup the entire SD, this just backups the emuNAND partition, so theres no need to use EaseUS Partition Manager to fix the partitions.

Just as I thought while holding onto this last little spark of a hope of not having to shit my pants about accidentally updating sysNAND (luckily i am on 9.5 emuNAND so should be hard unless i am drunk)

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
why inject button not working?
i already have emunand partitin on sd then, inserted on my laptop... i choose the second button to inject older emunand but not progress... stays at 0%...
i have a new 3ds with emunand of 1.2 gb...

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why inject button not working?
i already have emunand partitin on sd then, inserted on my laptop... i choose the second button to inject older emunand but not progress... stays at 0%...
i have a new 3ds with emunand of 1.2 gb...
I had the same problem. I suppose that part hasn't been updated yet as the developer said he had more to do.

I am sure it will be completed Soon™ :)

n1ghty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It should work... I don't have a New 3DS with the 1.2 gb NAND so I can't test it.
Did you extract the older emunand with my tool?

Ahahahaha... forgot to uncomment some lines :wacko:
At least the extraction worked...

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work... I don't have a New 3DS with the 1.2 gb NAND so I can't test it.
Did you extract the older emunand with my tool?
I extracted a 9.5 emunand from the original 4GB mSD (1,933,312KB) and tried to inject it into a 9.0 I made on a 32GB Sandisk ultra. Nothing happened. Let me know if you want some more tests/data.

mastodonde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanan be sure if i am not the only one with the virus scan signal and other stuff my nod32 say : it blocked a ip when he was on the site(i did the manual download) . After the download and when on my desktop window 8. was telling me this program is greatly potentlil dangerous. I been able to do the backup of emunand, and then when i tryid to open my laptop it would stay in black screen (was with version 1.0.2) and since that it stay in black. I am wonder guy did you got the same message of alarm from window or i am only the one that did get thhose message and that bad luck ?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanan be sure if i am not the only one with the virus scan signal and other stuff my nod32 say : it blocked a ip when he was on the site(i did the manual download) . After the download and when on my desktop window 8. was telling me this program is greatly potentlil dangerous. I been able to do the backup of emunand, and then when i tryid to open my laptop it would stay in black screen (was with version 1.0.2) and since that it stay in black. I am wonder guy did you got the same message of alarm from window or i am only the one that did get thhose message and that bad luck ?

I got the same message from windows, but the message is only that it's unknown - not that it's harmful.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...1aed3c1bde21b50260ff63e5/analysis/1426539674/

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way you can have the next version not start in the top left corner of the screen? I have my taskbar on top and that's a bit of problem for me. I find it odd that there are still programs out there that still do this. :P

+1 I had the same issue, but you can actually reach both of the buttons without moving it. Or move your taskbar, move the window, then move it back.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well it's really ugly being there. Especially with my widescreen monitor where I constantly have to move the mouse way over to the odd ball location it starts at.

Also pro tip. You can move it without messing with your task bar. Just use alt key to bring up a menu. It will have "move" and "close" as the available options. Select "move" with arrow keys once you see the menu. Then use arrow keys to reposition it until you can see the title bar. From there you can move it to a better position using the mouse. That's what I do currently. It would save me some time if I don't have to do that every time i start it though. ;)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
It's more of a "polishing up" type deal, but I agree. Having it start centre screen is a lot better, and shouldn't be difficult to implement either. Also what would be nice is a notification once it's done too, just to put a lid on it :)

Reactions: Margen67

cocoPika

Trophies
Website
sky3dsnewsinformation.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey GBATemp.net members, :lol:

my first version of the emuNAND Tool is finished.
Thank you to all my beta testers! (5rg, AgoraphobicNosebleed, DAHU75, Gildoniel, hashcheck1, mvmiranda)

About the tool:
This tool can be used to extract the NAND file from a emuNAND SD card and to inject a NAND file into the emuNAND SD card.
The extracted NAND file is a fully working 3DS NAND file and is also flashable to the 3DS.
If you want to flash the emuNAND to your 3DS, you will need to do a hardware modification. (nand flash dump (3ds xl) / NAND Flash Dump (3DS))
This is NOT needed if you only want to backup/modify your emuNAND.

Supported emuNANDs: Gateway and clones like R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition, 3DS Link, Orange 3DS, MT Card

The emuNAND SD gets detected automatically!
To inject a NAND file, the SD card has to already contain an emuNAND partition.

What is NOT possible?
This tool does not enable you to magically use the Gateway (and clones) on a non 4.x system version.
You can't inject games.
You can't flash the Gateway mode to the 3DS.
You can't modify the firmware (no region bypass, backups,...).
You can't extract any keys.
You can't downgrade your 3DS with this tool. It only modifies the emuNAND on your SD card.
You can't use a NAND from another 3DS on your 3DS.

Usage examples:
  • You updated your emuNAND to a version which is not supported by the Gateway (or clone) and want to go back to an old version.
=> Extract the emuNAND each time you update it. You can then switch the emuNAND version by injecting the backup.​

• Your emuNAND is on the latest version, but the Gateway (or clone) does not support the eshop of this system version yet, but you want to buy a game.
=> Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, extract emuNAND from SD, flash extracted emuNAND to 3DS, open the eshop and buy a game, backup the 3DS NAND, flash your 4.X NAND back onto the 3DS, inject the new 3DS NAND backup (with the downloaded game) into the emuNAND SD.​
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back with a hardware mod!)​
  • You updated your emuNAND to a version which is not supported by the Gateway (or clone) and want to go back to an old version. But you don't have a backup.
=> Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, update your 3DS NAND by using a game cartridge, create a backup of the 3DS NAND, flash your 4.X NAND backup back to the 3DS and inject the updated NAND backup to the emuNAND SD.​
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back with a hardware mod!)​
  • You want to do a system transfer, but the emuNAND does not support that. (System transfer is now possible in emuNAND)
=> Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, update your target system to the latest system version. Do the system transfer. Backup the target 3DS NAND, flash the 4.X backup NAND back to the target 3DS, inject the NAND backup (after the system transfer) to the emuNAND SD.​
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back witha hardware mod!)​

Changelog:
1.0.3:
- Fixed emuNAND injection
1.0.2:
- Added support for New 3DS
- Added support for MT CARD emuNAND
1.0.1:
- Added support for newer clone firmware emuNANDs
- Better errorhandling, should fix the detection problems which some users had

Download:
emuNAND Tool 1.0.3 (Filetrip)

Old versions:

Any help for my R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition ? it still can only work on 4.1-4.5

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, when using v1.03 and v1.02, i am unable to inject back the rednand for making cfw. It complain of nand file size issue. I think its because rednand is 1kb bigger than emunand? Going back to 1.01 solve the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.