Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you change the header of the SD card?

You need HXD for this...
Step 1: Insert SD
Step 2: Open HxD as Administrator
Step 3: In the Extras tab on the top click open disk.
Step 4: Uncheck the read-only checkmark and select Removable disc # (DO NOT SELECT THE NAMED SD CARD UNDER LOGICAL DISCS!!)
Step 5: on the right of hxd the text should say MTCARD_NAND
Step 6: put your writing cursor in front of that and type "GATEWAY"

IT SHOULD NOW SAY GATEWAYNAND

Step 7: SAVE
Step 8: exit HxD and use emunand tool for whatever you wanted it for

once you're done you should undo what you use hxd again and rename the "GATEWAYNAND" to "MTCARD_NAND" and save that

Reactions: dicamarques

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
You need HXD for this...
Step 1: Insert SD
Step 2: Open HxD as Administrator
Step 3: In the Extras tab on the top click open disk.
Step 4: Uncheck the read-only checkmark and select Removable disc # (DO NOT SELECT THE NAMED SD CARD UNDER LOGICAL DISCS!!)
Step 5: on the right of hxd the text should say MTCARD_NAND
Step 6: put your writing cursor in front of that and type "GATEWAY"

IT SHOULD NOW SAY GATEWAYNAND

Step 7: SAVE
Step 8: exit HxD and use emunand tool for whatever you wanted it for

once you're done you should undo what you use hxd again and rename the "GATEWAYNAND" to "MTCARD_NAND" and save that

Thanks, I figured it out without you though. :D

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was wondering,

The Gateway new loader 3.x has add an option to take/install a (sys)nand backup.

My emunand and sysnand are linked.
I already install some .cia files on my emunand.
this cias:
Savedatafilter ,Pokémon Omega Ruby, Cave story(classic in 3D), Mario Kart7(clean&legit), 79 themes

Can I extract my emunand, inject it in my sysnand backup and install it in my sysnand using the Gateway nand tool?

I haven't try it because my 3DS isn't hard modded ,so when something go wrong I'm screwed.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was wondering,

The Gateway new loader 3.x has add an option to take/install a (sys)nand backup.

My emunand and sysnand are linked.
I already install some .cia files on my emunand.
this cias:
Savedatafilter ,Pokémon Omega Ruby, Cave story(classic in 3D), Mario Kart7(clean&legit), 79 themes

Can I extract my emunand, inject it in my sysnand backup and install it in my sysnand using the Gateway nand tool?

I haven't try it because my 3DS isn't hard modded ,so when something go wrong I'm screwed.

No, you will get a nice and expensive brick :)

Jt23738

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I use savedatafiller to backup up a save from Pokemon y from the eshop? The problem is that it's on the computer from when I backed up everything on the SD card, but when I put the files on again and go to the eshop it says SD card date is corrupt? Can I get the save file back from Pokemon like this?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's because N3DS nand is twice bigger than 3DS nand (954 MB against 1.84 GB).

Emunand support for bigger Micro-SD cards is still a bit buggy anyway (doesn't show the GW and seems to kick you back to sysnand when you open the settings and not when you leave them, so it's better to not update for now with bigger cards, when GW isn't written and even if emunand is working).

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's over a year since this tool has been updated. I'm not sure if this will ever work with the N3DS.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've made some tests and I can tell that "missing" GW3D in settings happend ONLY when using low class micro-SD for me. Here is what I tried :
- 4GB (Class 4 ?) Default Micro-SD : No "GW3D" bug
- 8GB Class 4 Micro-SD : "GW3D" bug
- 8GB Class 10 Micro-SD : No "GW3D" bug
- 16GB Class 4 Micro-SD : "GW3D" bug
- 16GB Class 10 Micro-SD : No "GW3D" bug

Zaazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made some tests and I can tell that "missing" GW3D in settings happend ONLY when using low class micro-SD for me. Here is what I tried :
- 4GB (Class 4 ?) Default Micro-SD : No "GW3D" bug
- 8GB Class 4 Micro-SD : "GW3D" bug
- 8GB Class 10 Micro-SD : No "GW3D" bug
- 16GB Class 4 Micro-SD : "GW3D" bug
- 16GB Class 10 Micro-SD : No "GW3D" bug

I got a 32gb samsung evo class 10 and I still get the GW3D bug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...