Homebrew Emulators that support WiiU Pro controller?

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a WiiU Pro controller and am wondering if any emulators support wireless connection. The only one I've been able to use it with so far is Nintendont. Have other system emulators also implemented support? If so, please direct me to the appropriate project fork. I'm only interested in emulators that allow for wireless connection.

Edit: I also have a fork of an NES emulator that has working support. Does the same exist for GBA, SNES, and Genesis?

Last edited by kid sampson,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like this too.

WUPC is much better than CC (minus the analog triggers) and CCP. More ergonomic, completely wireless, neverending battery life, rumble. I would love a SNES emulator that supports the WUPC, I'm currently using a GC controller for it and while it's ok after remapping the buttons, it isn't ideal (and confusing if the game asks you to press a specific button that you mapped somewhere else). WUPC has the standard SNES layout for A B X Y so it would be ideal

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fix94 signature has some homebrew emulators with wiiupro support

https://www.mediafire.com/fix94

click on wiiuprocontroller folder and he added it to those 3 emulatos snes9x,fceugx and vbagx wich im not mistaken its snes,nes and gba emulators, i also know the latest Genesis Plus GX mod (dont have the link)emulator also supports wiiu pro, there is also a build of wiisx that has wiiu pro support.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: Vin Bertinelli

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link! Just confirming for others that the following are working with the WiiU Pro controller on the original Wii console: fceugx, snes9x, vbagx, Genesis Plus GX (official build), and nintendon't for Gamecube titles. One great feature is that once synced, you can use the pro controller to power on and off your console.

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the info ^

Is there any lag with the Wii U controller? I have also been looking into a Genesis/SNES controller to hook up through the GC port and was curious if anyone here has tried out the Raphnet adapters? If so I was curious if there is any noticeable lag with those. I have my setup on a crt in 240p and really just need to get proper controllers instead of the GC for everything. Thank you for any help and for that link^

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for the info ^

Is there any lag with the Wii U controller? I have also been looking into a Genesis/SNES controller to hook up through the GC port and was curious if anyone here has tried out the Raphnet adapters? If so I was curious if there is any noticeable lag with those. I have my setup on a crt in 240p and really just need to get proper controllers instead of the GC for everything. Thank you for any help and for that link^
same lag as any BT controller has it has the same methd to read button inputs that CC/wiimote and such do so its up to you if they are good enough.

Reactions: CobraStr1ke

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it would probably perform the same. Another good or even temp solution for some may be to use a PS3 controller through USB. I tried it the other day for retroarch and it worked great. I am probably going to purchase http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/nes_to_wii/index.php for NES but will also try out the Wii U controller for the fact it's wireless and neat that we can use it.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have multiple adapters for retro controllers and all seem to function equally well. I originally started out with these NES to GC adapters (http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=d1114f52f4dc7b79937877e5fd14a6c9) which work great, but I eventually grew tired of the hassle of being tethered to the console.

I then purchased this dual system adapter from Mayflash that works with both SNES and NES controllers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=043A28HYH0NTPDYWEAQA. It connects to the Wiimote and works perfectly fine. The one issue is that it adds some bulk. I've used it with NES, SNES, and Super Famicon controllers, the latter of which is a better choice due to the shorter cabling. Still, I wish the entire connection was a bit smaller. All in all, it's cheap and gets the job done.

Then I got the WiiU pro controller and that has pretty much become my default controller for emulation on my Mac, iPad, and now Wii. I also use it on my Xbox 360 through a CronusMax adapter. The great thing about this is that it's comfortable to hold, wireless, and a single charge provides upwards to 80 hours of gameplay. And as I mentioned, it's compatible with most everything I own.

There are also two future devices that you may be interested in keeping an eye on, as both are expected to hit the market soon. One is the blissboxadapter, which promises to allow simultaneous connection of four classic controller inputs over a single usb connection. The developer says Wii support will be added next year. (https://twitter.com/BlissBoxAdapter)

The other device is the Kade mini console, which allows for both input from classic controllers and output to a number of classic systems. This is being touted as the ultimate all-in-one controller solution. (http://kadevice.com/)

If in the end, you do decide to go with the raphnet adapters, here is the response I got from him regarding lag. This was for the SNES adapters, but I imagine all of his conform to the same quality standards. I like that his adapters don't have bulky connections and have come close to ordering one for myself before finding out about the devices above:

"The adapter itself does not add much lag. The worst case is 2.84ms. Details here: http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/extenmote/index_en.php#7

I also have an SNES controller to Gamecube port adapter, but due to the way the firmware was coded the latency is fixed at one frame. (approx 16ms)
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wii/index.php

Both adapter are absolutely usable in my opinion, but the Wiimote version has a lower latency."

Reactions: CobraStr1ke

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up! I have actually read about the Kade when it was first in kickstarter I believe. Hmmm, I am trying to go the most authentic with minimal lag for Genesis/SNES/Nintendo. I will take a look at the links and thanks again for the info!

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now wondering if these revisions support all hid controllers like nintendont, or if Fix94 just added WiiU pro support? If it supports the full range of controllers that nintendont does, there may be other options for connecting Sega Genesis or Saturn controllers.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm now wondering if these revisions support all hid controllers like nintendont, or if Fix94 just added WiiU pro support? If it supports the full range of controllers that nintendont does, there may be other options for connecting Sega Genesis or Saturn controllers.
only wiiupro it has no code for hid controllers at all, wiiu pro is a BT controller not an hid controller, hid controller was never added to anything besides nintendont.

Reactions: patters

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pedro, thanks for clarifying. The range of support provided by nintendont is remarkable. Still, just the WiiU support alone is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol