Hacking Suggestion Emulation ON the Switch

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I already made a thread of PPSSPP maybe coming to the Switch, and I have more questions/suggestions:
After we get full access to homebrew and all hardware, can we do:

1. Emulation of the DS family (DS, DSi, 3DS)
I. DS
I'm thinking this one could be done easily, since ANYTHING has the power to run DS games and there's DraStic for Android already, which is on the same architecture as the Switch (ARM).
II. DSi
(Question) Can DraStic emulate DSi games aswell?
III. 3DS
This (I'm thinking) would be the hardest of the three, since the only emulator is Citra, which isn't fully complete and isn't on the same architecture as the Switch (x86). Write your opinions.

2. Older Sony game console emulation (PS1, PS2, PSP)
I. PS1
I'm thinking this would be tricky since PSP can run PS1 games, and there's an emulator for PSP (PPSSPP) which is on Android aswell and on the same architecture as the Switch (ARM), but (question from now on) I don't know if PPSSPP enables all the features of the PSP.
II. PS2
I have no clue what architecture it is on (yet I do know what architecture it's emulator is on, PCSX2, is on x86), so I guess you professionals can write your opinions in the replies.
III. PSP
Easy. PPSSPP is out on Android which is on the ARM architecture, the same as the Switch's.

3. Media playback on the Switch??
I think it would be easy to port an Android-based (ARM architecture) media player to the Switch.

Edit: Xbox (2001) emulation????
I really don't think this is possible, but write your opinions in the replies!

Did I ask something completely bonkers? Tell me in the replies!

-Someone
keep dreaming on xbox and ps2. ps2 is hell to emulate for pc's. xbox doesn't even emulate properly on pc

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PS2 was a beast to emulate, even on x86, and altough it's been a long time I played emulators, I think you still need a High End PC to play those. For all of the others, it's feasible, considering the architecture. Except Xbox. I DOUBT Xbox can be emulated, at least, properly. (and I don't an Emulator that properly plays almost ALL of the games.)

Xabring no, my low end laptop with i3 and intel graphics can run PS2 emulators at smooth 60 fps.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop being so pessimistic. The switch is more than capable. Or are you just not a smart individual?
the switch is very capable, but emulation isn't just about our console being strong enough. t i i believe in the switch i dont believe in the development of the emulator

Last edited by LongDongSilver,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wouldn't actually mind leaning my switch against the wall or something.
5d788fe5ced3216118ab945cf45d0bb1_if-i-had-onejpg-if-i-had-one-memes_553-411.jpeg

You need to start using newer memes...
3499.jpg

Reactions: Dionicio3

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How would DS, DSi, 3DS games be emulated with only one screen?
Yeah, but some cinematic sense on some games would still look bad like that as objects go from the bottom to top (or vise versa)
im guessing you never played the wiiu ds VC, you have afew options like side to side, or further awaya nd up and down , also the switch could have up and down and you putted the switch verticaly and used the joy cons on each hand :P

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing you never played the wiiu ds VC, you have afew options like side to side, or further awaya nd up and down , also the switch could have up and down and you putted the switch verticaly and used the joy cons on each hand :P
OH MY!!! I forgot, it was such a great idea, I forgot to put it in, that was the main reason I made this thread! LOL

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I gotta say I never thought about that option XD
It's as legit as it gets, and more so since the tablet can be put in a vertical position by itself and you can detach the Joycons.
Perfect DS emulation in one screen.

TV mode might suffer though, but who the fuck cares :lol:

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think emulation will be a long shot and not until the switch is blown wide open.

also id hate to see emulation if better systems have issues and this has issues with its own games, hate to think about emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search softonic