Elon Musk buys out Twitter for $44 billion, plans to take company private

asdasddsadadas.png

We've long become used to gaming industry buyouts; between Microsoft and Sony's recent acquisitions, and future rumors, it's of little surprise to see a smaller studio scooped up by an infinitely larger one. But over in the tech world, there's been a buyout a little weirder than usual; on Monday, Twitter was bought by the ever-eccentric world's richest man, Elon Musk. The cost of the deal totals a staggering $44 billion--$54.20 per share of stock. Following this, Musk plans to make Twitter a privately-owned company, and the full acquisition is set to take place later in 2022.

In regards to the buyout, Elon Musk stressed that he wants to improve Twitter by adding new features, making the site's algorithms open source, and focusing on "free speech", claiming that the company has a lot of potential. Employees of Twitter expressed frustration at the lack of transparency from the higher-ups within the company about the buyout, and nervousness as they were unsure what would happen to their jobs, as Musk plans to make drastic changes in the future.

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr. Musk. "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

:arrow: Source

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny because, statistically speaking, it's a lot more likely for you to commit suicide rather than him.
Well, I got bad news for you son. Don't best on statistics around me.
Post automatically merged:

Telling someone to harm themselves (to a great end or otherwise) is viewed as cyberbullying. Even behind their backs (indirectly) is awful. If it were a member here, would that comment slide?
oh my god are we doing the "you're cyberbullying one of the richest losers in the world" shit? unironically???

No really, it happened to me for my whole high school, that a lot of people were telling me (in real life by the way, like face to face) "go kill yourself" "you should hang yourself"
Lot of students wished me death
Just saying, even an adult, a bus driver, told me she wished me dead.
That's why i say wishing anyone's death shouldn't have its place here
Well, tough shit, because even if the jannies silence me for it the cat's out of the bag, they know I want Elon to kill himself LMFAO

Reactions: Xzi

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I got bad news for you son. Don't best on statistics around me.

oh my god are we doing the "you're cyberbullying one of the richest losers in the world" shit? unironically???

Well, tough shit, because even if the jannies silence me for it the cat's out of the bag, they know I want Elon to kill himself LMFAO
I'm very disappointed in you. I know you like trolling but this is too far even for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, yea

That's me!!! I make fun of Elon Musk but when he claps back I cry like a bitch. Man has stacks of cash. I'm just a poor bitch.
solution: kick him in the testicles repeatedly with steel toed boots

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi and SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: