Electronic Arts cuts jobs for more than 670 workers

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guess EA is also not sustainable, as about 5% of it's workforce is being asked to leave.

Intersting to note that most of these layoff are targeted to workers outside the US.

Electronic Arts is laying off 5% of its workforce, or around 670 of the company’s workers. EA employed around 13,400 people by the end of last March, according to a regulatory filing. Sixty-five percent of those employees are located outside the U.S., it said at the time. Notifying impacted employees “has already begun and will be largely completed by early next quarter,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson wrote in a note to staff published Wednesday.
via Polygon

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ, the hits just keep coming.

Forget the reputation of EA as a business, this is sad for the people now having to join the thousands flooding back into the job market.

Why are so many layoffs happening in the industry right now? Is it just general economic trouble or something more specific to the industry itself? I'm not scared to say I'm ignorant about the details right now.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are so many layoffs happening in the industry right now? Is it just general economic trouble or something more specific to the industry itself?

It could just be a post-pandemic lull which was kind of expected. But it could also be something more sinister like a potential upcoming crash. For a while now, it's felt like the indie segment has been doing better than major publishers.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, the hits just keep coming.

Forget the reputation of EA as a business, this is sad for the people now having to join the thousands flooding back into the job market.

Why are so many layoffs happening in the industry right now? Is it just general economic trouble or something more specific to the industry itself? I'm not scared to say I'm ignorant about the details right now.
Yeah, EA is shit and all, but it's still unfortunate for the livelihoods of those people and it's happening with companies that don't suck entirely as well.

I'm feeling the need to really double down on supporting FuRyu and other small devs I want to see prosper during this tumultuous time.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto