OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for general direction for locating and replacing the system file(s) that contain the "System Settings" values that I cannot set through the GUI without a Gamepad?

All suggestions and advice are appreciated, thanks (I'll be perusing the threads and articles in the mean time).

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could set up redNAND. It's made for this kind of tinkering. If you end up bricking by putting in a wrong setting you only brick the redNAND partition on the SD card. No damage to Wii U at all.

Reactions: KiiWii and trancend
D

Deleted User

Do it on redNAND since one wrong value and your Wii U will become a fan.
You're able to grab most of the stuff with FTPiiU everywhere. You can use ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx:xx [replace x' with Wii U IP] in Windows Explorer to browse inside your Wii U.
System Settings are in SLC, in-case if you didn't know.

Reactions: trancend

trancend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Do it on redNAND...
Or you could set up redNAND...
Thanks for the heads up... Out of curiosity (I'm still researching), is it possible to reimage the internal drive if it does end up corrupt (sounds like getting the image is possible at least, by the way redNAND works)?

Thanks again, these guides are helpful.

Last edited by trancend,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up... Out of curiosity (I'm still researching), is it possible to reimage the internal drive if it does end up corrupt (sounds like getting the image is possible at least, by the way redNAND works)?

Thanks again, these guides are helpful.

yes, u can either use the redNAND fw.img (that's a copy of ur original NAND) or use eyekey's tools. I'm not sure about eyekey's tools but the redNAND image will have to be extracted from its partition. I've only used eyekey's tools to fix the other 2 portions of the NAND that get messed up with the fw.img, so I don't know how it saves it especially if ur using a fat32 format. the mlc, the portion u want, isn't affected like the other two NAND partitions, so ur safe using either method. hope that's what u were asking.

Reactions: trancend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol